What Is Your Own Definition of Liberal and Conservative?

That does not change a thing. Only a Nazi would display a swastika.

The swastika symbol, 卐 or 卍, is used as a symbol of divinity and spirituality in Indian religions, including Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism.

The word swastika comes from Sanskrit: स्वस्तिक, romanized: svastika, meaning "conducive to well-being". In Hinduism, the right-facing symbol (clockwise) (卐) is called swastika, symbolizing surya ("sun"), prosperity and good luck, while the left-facing symbol (anti-clockwise) (卍) is called sauwastika, symbolising night or tantric aspects of Kali.[9] In Jainism, a swastika is the symbol for Suparshvanatha – the seventh of 24 Tirthankaras (spiritual teachers and saviours), while in Buddhism it symbolises the auspicious footprints of the Buddha. In several major Indo-European religions, the swastika symbolises lightning bolts, representing the thunder god and the king of the gods, such as Indra in Vedic Hinduism, Zeus in the ancient Greek religion, Jupiter in the ancient Roman religion, and Thor in the ancient Germanic religion.

The swastika is an icon which is widely found in both human history and the modern world. In various forms, it is otherwise known (in various European languages) as the fylfot, gammadion, tetraskelion, or cross cramponnée (a term in Anglo-Norman heraldry); German: Hakenkreuz; French: croix gammée; Italian: croce uncinata. In Mongolian it is called Хас (khas) and mainly used in seals. In Chinese it is called 卍字 (wànzì) meaning "all things symbol", pronounced manji in Japanese, manja (만자) in Korean and vạn tự / chữ vạn in Vietnamese. A swastika generally takes the form of a cross, the arms of which are of equal length and perpendicular to the adjacent arms, each bent midway at a right angle. The symbol is found in the archeological remains of the Indus Valley Civilisation and Samarra, as well as in early Byzantine and Christian artwork.

In Hindu and Buddhist cultures, the swastika is a holy symbol. On the day of Diwali, Hindu households commonly use the swastika in decorations. Reverence for the swastika symbol in Asian cultures, in contrast to the West's stigmatisation of the symbol, has led to misinterpretations and misunderstandings.

Wikipedia

You're an idiot

Nah, he's trying to link the democratic party with Nazism. Monkey isn't a Nazi IMHO, nor is he a democrat.

I do not care what he thinks he is trying to do, by proudly displaying the swastika he is linking himself to Nazism

The swastika symbol, 卐 or 卍, is used as a symbol of divinity and spirituality in Indian religions, including Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism.

And you are none of those. You are just a Nazi. If you are proud enough to display their symbol, do not try and lie about it now

Incredibly ignorant statement. Read some history.

swastika.png

Incredibly ignorant statement. Read some history.

View attachment 592831
Don’t take Golfing Gibbon too seriously. No one else does.

Many people are aware of the similarity between the fucking Nazi Swastika and the symbols previously used in other cultures long before the time of Hitler.

For those at USMB who use the swastika to express their asshole Nazi or similar political views, I say may they rot now and burn in hell.

But if someone is using the similar symbols of other cultures to address anything outside of support for Nazi-ism, then it is idiotic to condemn them for it.

After somebody else asked me this question it got me thinking that it was a pretty good question. Here's my answer to it and I'm going to make it short and sweet. A conservative wants and stands for America to be like it's supposed to be,.. a free country. While a liberal wants completely the opposite.
My definition of liberal and conservative?

"gullible"

Unless they are espousing actual liberal and conservative values, then yes.

Gullible.

After somebody else asked me this question it got me thinking that it was a pretty good question. Here's my answer to it and I'm going to make it short and sweet. A conservative wants and stands for America to be like it's supposed to be,.. a free country. While a liberal wants completely the opposite.
That question has to be followed by - "do you want an actual answer, or the modern version of it which has no semblance or connection to the meaning of the words."

Liberal: usually a lot of ideas which they don't have the ability to implement without destroying those who are most desperately in need.

Conservative: practical but often devoid of ideas because they are busy working for a living. If, however, they hear about something better then THEY are the ones to make it happen in a win/win for all.

Greg

Its funny because both of those ideologies are basically non existent.
It now basically boils down to whether you are for authoritarianism or against it. Most are for it despite what they claim. Just depends on the issue.
I mean, if we want to be honest about it :dunno:

Conservative: practical but often devoid of ideas because they are busy working for a living. If, however, they hear about something better then THEY are the ones to make it happen in a win/win for all.

Greg

All I can say is that definition is STUPID wrong.

conservative.
ADJECTIVE
1.averse to change or innovation and holding traditional values.

NOUN
1.a person who is averse to change and holds traditional values.

conservatism n 1. opposition to change and innovation 2. a political philosophy advocating the preservation of the best of the established order in society and opposing radical change

The very notion of "If, however, they hear about something better then THEY are the ones to make it happen " has never happened.

Forum List

Back