What kind of church do you go to?

I don't attend one. I have church here, also at home, at my friends homes when I visit, at the store, at a restaurant, in the yard, wherever 2 or more are gathered in his name we have church. I'm thankful for the fellowship of the saints wherever I happen to be.. :eusa_angel:

I've been to almost all types in my state and I've visited over 32 churches or more.

NewLogo-120px-wide.jpg

You know..........................I was baptized Lutheran, but then had to go to a Catholic school when my mother married my stepfather, until she was divorced from him.

When she died? I didn't go to church until I was put into foster care at age 12, and had to attend a Southern Baptist church.

I then decided that most religions are bullshit, because I was told I'd go to hell if I believed what I was taught from the place I'd just come from, and decided to become agnostic. I thought that God existed, but because of the twisted bunch of crap that everyone taught that was against every other thing I was taught, He didn't have much interest in me.

I then found out in my 30's that He did care, and found another thing to follow which was spirituality.

I'm not a human in search of a spiritual experience, but rather a spiritual being having a human experience.

God doesn't really care how we come to Him, He just cares that we followed a path that leads us to Him.

Now? I don't really think much of religion, but I do pay close attention to how people tell me how God works in their lives, and am willing to share with them how He works in mine.

In Uppland we have many fine 13th, 14th and 15th century churches. Originally Catholic, of course, but Lutheran since the reformation. The reformation was relatively mild in Sweden and most of these churches kept their superb wall paintings and wood carvings.

Al lot of atheists like me love these churches as a priceless part of our cultural heritage. And I enjoy the concerts that are sometime held in them.

I go to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Shouldn't be a shocker to anyone.

I don't attend one. I have church here, also at home, at my friends homes when I visit, at the store, at a restaurant, in the yard, wherever 2 or more are gathered in his name we have church. I'm thankful for the fellowship of the saints wherever I happen to be.. :eusa_angel:

You may be a believer but you're no saint. All God's saints and most of His prophets are killed by unbelievers during this age for our testimony of His Word.

Psalm 116
16. Precious in the sight of thy Lord is the death of his saints.

Psalm 79.
1. O God, the heathen have come into thy inheritance; they have defiled they holy temple; they have laid Jerusalem in ruins.
2. They have given the bodies of thy servants to the birds of the air for food, the flesh of thy saints to the beasts of the earth.
3. They have poured out their blood like water round about Jerusalem, and there was none to bury them.
4. We have become a taunt to our neighbors, mocked and derided by those round us.

Revelation 6
9: When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the witness they had borne;
10: they cried out with a loud voice, "O Sovereign Lord, holy and true, how long before thou wilt judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell upon the earth?"
11: Then they were each given a white robe and told to rest a little longer, until the number of their fellow servants and their brethren should be complete, who were to be killed as they themselves had been.

I'm the last saint on this planet to be killed, which will happen in about 15 months from now.

I like to stay closer to liturgy so I go to Lutheran, and though they aren't they're close, the Christian church.

God removed me from Christianity and going to church in the spring of 1993 on the way to becoming a true saint who speaks for Him. I'm always in His invisible church now and testify to it to whoever He puts in my path to preach the gospel to.

My church is in the back yard. The pews are the grass, the swing, the patio chairs. The choir is the birds singing in the trees. The person whispering to me from the pulpit is invisible, felt in my heart.

I witnessed the Sacrifice of the Mass every school day for 8 (count 'em eight) years.

Now? Fergeddaboutit.

Although there was one instance in my life when I witnessed a miracle. And it was really fucking cool. And it was a result of my fervent prayer within that Roman Catholic Church.

That experience will never leave me, although I've left the Church.

Today I'm my own person with place. And I'm comfortable with it.

You may be a believer but you're no saint. All God's saints and most of His prophets are killed by unbelievers during this age for our testimony of His Word.

Psalm 116
16. Precious in the sight of thy Lord is the death of his saints.

Psalm 79.
1. O God, the heathen have come into thy inheritance; they have defiled they holy temple; they have laid Jerusalem in ruins.
2. They have given the bodies of thy servants to the birds of the air for food, the flesh of thy saints to the beasts of the earth.
3. They have poured out their blood like water round about Jerusalem, and there was none to bury them.
4. We have become a taunt to our neighbors, mocked and derided by those round us.

Revelation 6
9: When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the witness they had borne;
10: they cried out with a loud voice, "O Sovereign Lord, holy and true, how long before thou wilt judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell upon the earth?"
11: Then they were each given a white robe and told to rest a little longer, until the number of their fellow servants and their brethren should be complete, who were to be killed as they themselves had been.

I'm the last saint on this planet to be killed, which will happen in about 15 months from now.

You're the "last Saint" on this planet to be killed? Really? Who was it that gave you that very special place?

I'm guessing you're not going to be the last, nor do I believe you're a saint.

BTW...................when does your 15 months start? And......... more importantly, when does it end?

My membership is with the Brethren, but I presently live in an area with no local churches established by them, so I go to meetings with the Friends in this area when I can.

K.

Free Frizbeetarian.

Here's a service on Youtube

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOJ9GzWOTOY]Spinners @ Constitution - Great Catch by Brent Anderson - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back