What kind of church do you go to?

It does change you. If a puppy dog runs with a pack of wolves, does the puppy become wild or domesticated? What do you think the songs are for and what are you singing? You have a whole pack of sheep going one way so it can be hard not to get caught up in it if you are young especially churches that are non-denominational and not doctrinally sound.

I have been to churches before, it is not for me. I do not always agree with what others believe about the Bible, there is nothing in a church environment that has been beneficial to me. If it helps others, good for them.

Since when is Church all about us? Church is there so we can fellowship and bless others. We are called to strengthen our brethren. Yes, we are blessed in those efforts, but the primary reason is to take care of others.

You mean...................Church is where you can fellowship with those who believe as you do and strengthen the dogma of others, so that they can strengthen yours.

Church only exists to divide people by saying that your belief system is better than theirs because of the dogma. Spirituality exists because others will see what you believe and use it to help them understand things outside of their experience, as well as others existing to help you understand things outside of yours.

Did anyone ever consider that the 7 signs of the Apocalypse were there to warn us to not harm one another and to unite?

I mean..........................God used Moses (Moshe in his original language which was Hebrew) to try to turn Pharoah's heart, but he ignored him. Which is why the 10 plagues were visited upon him, each one a bit harsher than the former.

But.................Pharoah ended up rejecting God, which is why he lost his firstborn. He could have stopped at any time if his heart wasn't so hard (and his ego not so big), and spared a lot of heartache.

The only reason the angels have to pour out the vials, as well as have to sound the trumpets, is because the human race will refuse to unite and cooperate.

We're given a chance every day to take care of our fellow humans, but many fail because they only think about themselves. Me? If I see someone in need, even if I only have a dollar or two to contribute, I WILL help them out with what I have.

Too bad the rich don't think that way most of the time. The only exception I can currently think of is Bill and Melinda Gates.

We're given a chance every day to take care of our fellow humans, but many fail because they only think about themselves. Me? If I see someone in need, even if I only have a dollar or two to contribute, I WILL help them out with what I have.

Too bad the rich don't think that way most of the time. The only exception I can currently think of is Bill and Melinda Gates.

The rich know what they can do with a $1,000 to make more money. Those who are impoverished only think about their need.

I was holding a car for a guy at work who didn't have one and I probably waited around a month before I gave up after learning he had something crazy like 20K in fines and when I asked him what he was going to do with it he said he would sell it. When life is about racking up fines, living life irresponsibly, staying up all night and sleeping at work, spending your money on beer and partying with women, it isn't about self survival. I can't pay those bills and neither can you.

I gave rides to people at work and spent my own time and gas money so they could save only to see them buy more beer with the money they saved and have them turn around and ask me for five dollars so they can buy a pack of beer.

How many people can you take care of? Helping a family can be done but it is often times a strain on several families. The reason there isn't enough money to go around is that the money is spent on defense and government programs and you still have the poor.

give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime

The only reason the angels have to pour out the vials, as well as have to sound the trumpets, is because the human race will refuse to unite and cooperate.

Check out these images on the Shezhen electronic trading market. They have multi story malls where you can buy any kind of part for electronic projects. Do you know why they are employed? Because they want to be employed. Can you make any of this stuff over here? You could but few people know anything and the rich don't want you to make if over here because they use the environment as an excuse. Can you breadboard a microcontroller? Can you make money at it? They can because they aren't lazy. I dare you to try to make a microcontroller do something fancy with your own original project.

https://www.google.com/search?q=She...HJPLH4AOJ94C4AQ&ved=0CCkQsAQ&biw=1152&bih=695

http://www.evilmadscientist.com/2009/a-visit-to-the-electronics-markets-of-shenzhen/

Last edited:
It is a sad fact, but true: people will invent almost infinite varieties of justifications for the fact that they are simply too self-absorbed and lazy to devote an hour or two to formal worship in a faith community. You can blather on all you want about how you feel like you are in church when you are in a park or at a football game, but give me a break - it's all bullshit. You can tell people that you "saw the light" when you were thirteen or whatever, or some priest or minister drove you away, but ADULTS don't address the world like that. They make their own decisions and live by them.

And "going to church" is more than just showing up on Sunday morning. It is participating in the various ministries that the church supports - help for the poor, the imprisoned, the sick and shut-ins, poor widows and broken families. And if you can't participate personally then supporting them financially and with your prayers.

If I had a nickle for every self-absorbed asshole who has ever said to me, "I don't need a church or a priest to..."

Give me a break.

Surprise: I attend a select few Roman Catholic churches in my area (depending on my mood), and would never miss Mass for some flimsy reason like being on vacation or not feeling well.

What's a 'sad fact' is that there are people walking around bent on forcing everybody else to think like them. The fact is, we all don't have those needs.

My church is the woods, and the sky and the stream. You'll just have to accept that.

And Sarge -- you don't need to explain, you're fine. :thup:

This needs repeating. So...here ya go.

Forum List

Back