What kind of horrible, dangerous places do these people live that hey have to go out armed?

What kind of horrible, dangerous places do these people live that hey have to go out armed?
A "Gun Free" zone like Chicago?

Have you ever been to Chicago ?

Yeah, have you?

Yeah. Great city . Lots of fun.

Sure it has bad neighborhoods and a bad gang problem . If you are out there then I’d understand the gun thing . But to carry everywhere ?

About a year and a half ago I was helping my mom out with grocery shopping and this dude came up out of nowhere and threatened to kick her ass because he didn't like the way she shut a freezer door. So, you never know when and where you might be called to defend yourself.

I carry because the laws of my country and state say I have the right to.

I have the legal right to go topless in public, but I don't do that either. I have the legal right to get an abortion, but I've never done that either. There are all kinds of legal rights that I have, but I have chosen not to exercise. Why do you feel the need to exercise this right?

Yeah, have you?

Sure it has bad neighborhoods and a bad gang problem . If you are out there then I’d understand the gun thing . But to carry everywhere ?

Great city and lots of fun, but you can "understand" carrying a weapon there?

:laughing0301:

I have the legal right to go topless in public, but I don't do that either. I have the legal right to get an abortion, but I've never done that either. There are all kinds of legal rights that I have, but I have chosen not to exercise. Why do you feel the need to exercise this right?

Because when the asshole is attacking you the cops are at least 5 minutes away. I am old, and i can no longer fight. I get broken, I stay broken. So, if a asshole tries to play the knockout game with me he gets a nice lead enema.

How many kids at Marjorie Stoneman Douglas High School in Florida would be alive right now if just one or two of the teachers who were near the shooter had been carrying a gun?

Nowadays you never know where you might encounter an armed criminal.

I'm so sick of this argument.
Teachers sign up to get a degree to teach.
Not be the fastest gun in classroom shoot out.
GFY

You can't teach six foot under. I would think it's the responsibility of the school to protect their students from harm. A teacher gets a degree to teach, but will breakup a fist fight if that's what's needed.

Yeah, have you?

About a year and a half ago I was helping my mom out with grocery shopping and this dude came up out of nowhere and threatened to kick her ass because he didn't like the way she shut a freezer door. So, you never know when and where you might be called to defend yourself.

And you shot him ?

Going topless in public will get you arrested and having an abortion is murder. On the other hand, my carrying a firearm will not get me arrested nor will it amount to murder.

I feel the need to exercise my right because there isn't a single thing you can do about it, among other reasons.

Yeah, have you?

Open carry is just a fashion statement. A very dangerous fashion statement. If a bad guy is going to shoot people, YOU are going to be the first one taken down. You are assuming the shooter has zero training and experience. That is a very fatal flaw in logic. CCW is what I support. Make the bad guy wonder who is and who is not armed. No prior warning, no fashion statement and no stupid hiproll intimidation.

There are many stories around about people saving the day because they were armed. They either stopped an attacker on them, or stopped an attack on somebody else. They are local stores, but if you know how to manipulate your Google search, there are all kinds of them.

How many kids at Marjorie Stoneman Douglas High School in Florida would be alive right now if just one or two of the teachers who were near the shooter had been carrying a gun?

Nowadays you never know where you might encounter an armed criminal.

I'm so sick of this argument.
Teachers sign up to get a degree to teach.
Not be the fastest gun in classroom shoot out.
GFY

You can't teach six foot under. I would think it's the responsibility of the school to protect their students from harm. A teacher gets a degree to teach, but will breakup a fist fight if that's what's needed.

They should pull the gun on kids fighting ?

do you do everything that your country and state say you have the right to do?

Sure he does. Let’s name some of the things that he has the right to do....so he must do them.

1) Wear different colored socks.

2) Wash his face with toothpaste.

3) Put ketchup on steak.

4) Shove cucumbers up his ass.

There are many stories around about people saving the day because they were armed. They either stopped an attacker on them, or stopped an attack on somebody else. They are local stores, but if you know how to manipulate your Google search, there are all kinds of them.

And there are many that end in tragedy.

Like that guy killed by the cops at that Alabama mall.

Yeah, have you?

Open carry is just a fashion statement. A very dangerous fashion statement. If a bad guy is going to shoot people, YOU are going to be the first one taken down. You are assuming the shooter has zero training and experience. That is a very fatal flaw in logic. CCW is what I support. Make the bad guy wonder who is and who is not armed. No prior warning, no fashion statement and no stupid hiproll intimidation.

I already said that I rarely carry open, only in the Summer sometimes. This is out in the country, I see lots of people open-carrying, so it no big deal here.

Going topless in public will get you arrested and having an abortion is murder. On the other hand, my carrying a firearm will not get me arrested nor will it amount to murder.

I feel the need to exercise my right because there isn't a single thing you can do about it, among other reasons.

If you do that hip roll I see so many do then that will get you arrested. You will have someone like me in your face calling you on your intimidation while dialing 911. I know you better than you know yourself. And I am not afraid of a fashion statement hip roll. Many people will avoid you because they see you as intimidating. If that is the case then you are breaking the law. I suggest you check out the gun laws a bit closer. You get a big kick out of the reaction of others around you. One of these days, you are going to be confronted by someone that isn't easily intimidated by your hip roll and sees it as intimidation which gets you arrested and in front of a judge. I suggest you go CCW and stop with that stupid, childish and dangerous intimidation of people around you.

If you do that hip roll I see so many do then that will get you arrested. You will have someone like me in your face calling you on your intimidation while dialing 911. I know you better than you know yourself. And I am not afraid of a fashion statement hip roll. Many people will avoid you because they see you as intimidating. If that is the case then you are breaking the law. I suggest you check out the gun laws a bit closer. You get a big kick out of the reaction of others around you. One of these days, you are going to be confronted by someone that isn't easily intimidated by your hip roll and sees it as intimidation which gets you arrested and in front of a judge. I suggest you go CCW and stop with that stupid, childish and dangerous intimidation of people around you.

What the hell are you talking about? "Hip roll"?

I never leave home without my ninja throwing star belt buckle !

I guess that's the only thing felons and prohibited persons are eligible to possess.

Not to worry, he probably can't throw a basketball through a hoop at five feet.

No one can. Everyone shoots 3s .

What do you do in the summer time ? Even carrying my phone is a hassle . Never mind a gun .

Caring a gun is a hassle, but it beats the alternative if you really need it. I use a back holster.

In the spring, fall and winter when I'm wearing secondary clothing, I usually use my shoulder holster.

That is is. I've been carrying a Glock 19 with two spare mags for the last 5 years and it tends to be a little heavy and hard on the hip. I've started carrying a 1965 Colt Cobra .38 Spl. with a 2" barrel and one speed loader sometimes, and the weight difference is quite a lot. The gun has an allow frame so I can't use +P ammo, but the hollowpoint ammo I have has the highest velocity the manufacturer could produce without going to a high-pressure load.

That's the exact same pistol Jack Ruby used to shoot Oswald, and it only took one round to put him down.

We had a few stories here about kids getting killed with a BB gun. Even a .22 can take you out of the picture.

I carry my 9mm and since half of it is plastic (cheap gun) it's pretty comfortable. The heaviest part is my 15 round magazine, but you get used to it after a while.

Sorry, but if you think you need to be armed at a little girl's soft ball game, you're nuts.

You never know...

Two Dads Get In a Bloody Brawl Over Daughter's Softball Game
Yep. A gun would have come in real handy there.

It's a shame nobody got shot and sent to the morgue that day.

A simple brawl doesn't necessitate a shooting. That's why I carry pepper spray and a boot knife. If those don't get the point across, then out comes the pistol.
Wow! You're just a walking --- or should I say, juat a talking --- lethal weapon, aren't you?

Yes. He’s he coolest, calmest “grey man” ever!

And there are many that end in tragedy.

Like that guy killed by the cops at that Alabama mall.

I'm not familiar with that story, but it sounds like an anomaly in comparison to people with guns that saved lives. One of the more recent ones was a CCW holder who saved the life of a police officer after he was ambushed. Good thing he was there to stop the attacker after the officer went down.

Yeah, have you?

I already said that I rarely carry open, only in the Summer sometimes. This is out in the country, I see lots of people open-carrying, so it no big deal here.

I like to open carry at the range. And that is it. All other times, it's CCW. My fashion statement is closer to either an Auto Mechanic or a Homeless person so I don't get into impressing people. But when I see that tell tale hip roll that is prevalent in almost all open carry persons then it's not a fashion statement, it's an intimidation statement and that really pisses me off and will almost always come to a confrontation which is not going to end well for them since it will involve camera to record the action and a cop and a judge. Open Carry has been involved in some not so nice shootings while there has been only ONE recorded CCW not so nice shooting in the history of the Civilian CCW history. If you haven't received the training to CCW carry then go get it. Chances are, even if it's the short course, you will never open carry ever again since you will now know the repercussions of pulling that weapon.

Forum List

Back