What legal standing does Barr have to NOT release Mueller's report to Congress?

With the appropriate caveat to members of Congress that names and methods of classified investigations NOT be revealed to the general public, what is the legal standing for Barr to not release the report? (of course, with the exception that Barr IS a Trump stooge appointed SPECIFICALLY to protect his cult leader.)

So, I ask again.....since Mueller's report was authorized by republicans and fully funded by all of us tax payers, what is the LEGAL PRECEDENT for the report to not be FULLY disclosed?
It's called the law....do you guys use Google at all? holy fuck you guys just read the talking points...….fucking sheep

Special prosecutor - Wikipedia

Here's what happens at the end:

"At the conclusion of the Special Counsel's work, he or she shall provide the Attorney General with a confidential report explaining the prosecution or declination decisions reached by the Special Counsel."

I dont see public, congress or anyone but the AG in that sentance

It's called the law....do you guys use Google at all? holy fuck you guys just read the talking points...….fucking sheep

It's not a law, dope.

From your own link....
The terms 'special prosecutor', 'independent counsel', and 'special counsel' have the same fundamental meaning, and their use (at least at the federal level in the U.S.) is generally differentiated by the time period to which they are being applied. The term 'special prosecutor' was used throughout the Watergate era, but was replaced by the less confrontational 'independent counsel' in the 1983 reauthorization of the Ethics in Government Act.[5] Those appointed under that act after 1983 are generally referred to as 'independent counsels'. Since the independent counsel law expired in 1999, the term 'special counsel' has been used. This is the term used in the current U.S. government regulations concerning the appointment of special counsels.[6]

JEsus man, just use Google...I get tired of owning you lefties

28 CFR § 600.8 - Notification and reports by the Special Counsel.

(c)Closing documentation. At the conclusion of the Special Counsel's work, he or she shall provide the Attorney General with a confidential report explaining the prosecution or declination decisions reached by the Special Counsel.

Attorney General’s Special Counsel Regulations

At the end of a special counsel’s investigation, section 600.8(c) of the regulation provides that a special counsel “shall provide the Attorney General with a confidential report explaining the prosecution or declination decisions reached by the Special Counsel.” The special counsel’s obligation to file “a summary final report” is “limited.” The counsel’s report is to be “handled as a confidential document as are internal documents relating to any federal criminal investigation.” 64 Fed. Reg. 37041.

That's a federal regulation. A DOJ regulation. Not a federal law, dope.
Regulations are laws, moron. You can go to jail for violating them.

Yep, that's why they have different designations because they are the same. :cuckoo:

You're missing the point. The AG is not bound by federal law in this case. Those are deparment regulations. A department the AG oversees. He sets the regulations and policies. He was not in any way bound to act according to them. He could have done the release commensurate with past investigations. He chose politics over propriety.
The AG cannot simply ignore and/or change regulations on a whim, dope.
Show us, dope. Show us who sets the department regulations.
See post 199, dope.

I knew you couldn't.

Maybe we should let the guy who actually wrote the special counsel regulation explain.

Then you can tell us all why he's wrong.:laugh2:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...ey-general-can-should-release-mueller-report/

Except the AG sets the regulations for the DOJ, dope.
Let me alleviate your ignorance, dope

The process of rulemaking (with regard to the code of federal regulations) is governed by the Administrative Procedure Act (APA): generally, the APA requires a process that includes publication of the proposed rules in a notice of proposed rulemaking (NPRM), a period for comments and participation in the decision making, and adoption and publication of the final rule, via the Federal Register.[2][3]
Code of Federal Regulations - Wikipedia

The AG cannot legally change the CFR on a whim, dope.

You may now admit your error and thank me for the lesson you learned.
Dope.
LOL......
The AG makes the rules, dope. You just posted the procedure for doing so.

JEsus man, just use Google...I get tired of owning you lefties

28 CFR § 600.8 - Notification and reports by the Special Counsel.

(c)Closing documentation. At the conclusion of the Special Counsel's work, he or she shall provide the Attorney General with a confidential report explaining the prosecution or declination decisions reached by the Special Counsel.

Attorney General’s Special Counsel Regulations

At the end of a special counsel’s investigation, section 600.8(c) of the regulation provides that a special counsel “shall provide the Attorney General with a confidential report explaining the prosecution or declination decisions reached by the Special Counsel.” The special counsel’s obligation to file “a summary final report” is “limited.” The counsel’s report is to be “handled as a confidential document as are internal documents relating to any federal criminal investigation.” 64 Fed. Reg. 37041.

Derp.....

Oh he can just say poof and a regulation changes....that's new......the guy has been there less than a month, maybe if you didn't stall his confirmation over stupid stuff, he could have gotten that ball rolling.......too bad....rules are rules.......no need to change them now.......keep pimping your conspiracy for a few weeks, before you really start screaming at the sky
Oh he can just say poof and a regulation changes....that's new......
Uhh....yeah. Not new at all.

yep it's so easy and uncomplicated...just what the government is known for....I should really charge you guys for the teaching I do for you.......again....there is this thing called Google, it's free and you find out a lot of things very quickly there......it just takes a brain and the willingness to want to be correct and not be partisan
RegInfo.gov - Reg Map

I knew you couldn't.
I'm sorry you don't like the fact the AG cannot legally change regs on w whim.
It remains a fact, however, and you cannot do anything about it.
The law, see, carries more weight than your ignorance.
Except it's not a law, dope.
I cited the law that governs the changing of federal regulations.
The AG cannot change the regs on a whim.
You choose to remain ignorant.

Derp.....

Oh he can just say poof and a regulation changes....that's new......the guy has been there less than a month, maybe if you didn't stall his confirmation over stupid stuff, he could have gotten that ball rolling.......too bad....rules are rules.......no need to change them now.......keep pimping your conspiracy for a few weeks, before you really start screaming at the sky

yep it's so easy and uncomplicated...just what the government is known for....I should really charge you guys for the teaching I do for you.......again....there is this thing called Google, it's free and you find out a lot of things very quickly there......it just takes a brain and the willingness to want to be correct and not be partisan
RegInfo.gov - Reg Map

LOL..

Another link to the process for rule making.

Speak to the guy who actually wrote the special counsel regulation.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...ey-general-can-should-release-mueller-report/

I knew you couldn't.

LOL..sure.

You posted no law.

Speak to the guy who wrote the special counsel regulation.

I knew you couldn't.
LOL..sure.
You posted no law.
This is a lie.
Post 199 cites the law in question.

I knew you couldn't.
LOL..sure.
You posted no law.
This is a lie.

Hmm.....

No one will address my link.

Derp.....

RegInfo.gov - Reg Map

LOL..

He is releasing it......but there are rules to follow.....Are you this stupid? Just because it's about Trump doesn't mean we ignore all regulations........God you people are blinded by partisan hate......the left is full of commies and Nazis that think they are the only people on Earth with value.....holy shit you people are psychotic

LOL..sure.
You posted no law.
This is a lie.
Hmm.....
I'm sorry you do not like the fact the AG cannot legally change regs on a whim.
It remains a fact, and there's nothing you can do about it.

He's dragging his feet. He'll release a report so redacted that it will no doubt be subpoenaed. At which time it will be months before congress gets it. Just as planned.

Somewhere else, I wrote that the [stooge] Barr report may turn out to be the equivalent of someone's report on Dickens' Tale of Two Cities, simply writing...."Dickens novel is about that it was "the best of times'"

Derp.....

RegInfo.gov - Reg Map

LOL..

He is releasing it......but there are rules to follow.....Are you this stupid? Just because it's about Trump doesn't mean we ignore all regulations........God you people are blinded by partisan hate......the left is full of commies and Nazis that think they are the only people on Earth with value.....holy shit you people are psychotic

We'll see what ultimately gets released.
Subpoena vote on wednesday.
It shouldn't take that long.
400 pages ÷ 10 people thats only 40 pages each. I could do that in an evening.

He's dragging his feet. He'll release a report so redacted that it will no doubt be subpoenaed. At which time it will be months before congress gets it. Just as planned.

Somewhere else, I wrote that the [stooge] Barr report may turn out to be the equivalent of someone's report on Dickens' Tale of Two Cities, simply writing...."Dickens novel is about that it was "the best of times'"

I knew you couldn't.

LOL..sure.

You posted no law.

Speak to the guy who wrote the special counsel regulation.

Look dumbfuck you are being a fucking tool and a troll. I posted several things including how regulations are made.......I shit on you with facts.....you just believe democrats should get everything they want and should have to follow laws and regulations.....well I have new for you they do, so go fuck your partisan self and you're not getting that report today......so go fucking bitch somewhere else..........you don't control it......you're a fucking leftwing psycho

t takes a special kind of stupid to believe that both AG Bar and Rosenstein are lying about what the report says.

It takes a special kind of stupid to trust a synopsis from someone (Barr) who just months ago wrote a long memo stating that, in his opinion.........NO president should ever be indicted while in office and that Trump was being picked on......(poor baby)

If Barr asked the DOJ Inspector General whether he should RECUSE himself, want to guess what the anser would be?

Of course then Trump would also say, "if Barr wanted to recuse himself I would NEVER have hired him....after all, the AG MUST do MY personal bidding....".

LOL..sure.
You posted no law.
This is a lie.
Hmm.....

They can although I think Sessions may have tried to stop that. Look up guidance documents.

Forum List

Back