What legal standing does Barr have to NOT release Mueller's report to Congress?

None.
Thanks for revealing yourself as the world's biggest moron. He's the AG. He's the only one who has standing. The law specifies that he determines what is done with the report.

Funny how Republicans were crying that Obama wasn’t transparent. And now you have a republican president who wants to hold back important information from the American people and Republicans are all cheering. These people are the party of nuts. They don’t care about America. Who even knows what they care about?
I see you are fully ignorant of the truth.

With the appropriate caveat to members of Congress that names and methods of classified investigations NOT be revealed to the general public, what is the legal standing for Barr to not release the report? (of course, with the exception that Barr IS a Trump stooge appointed SPECIFICALLY to protect his cult leader.)

So, I ask again.....since Mueller's report was authorized by republicans and fully funded by all of us tax payers, what is the LEGAL PRECEDENT for the report to not be FULLY disclosed?

There are several laws protecting Grand Jury testimony, for one. Then you have sources and methods protections....

Since the report clears Trump and makes anti-Trumpers look like fools, they will release the report with as much revealed as they are legally allowed to reveal.

As noted above, the Special Counsel did not find that the Trump campaign, or anyone associated with it, conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in these efforts, despite multiple offers from Russian-affiliated individuals to assist the Trump campaign."

With the appropriate caveat to members of Congress that names and methods of classified investigations NOT be revealed to the general public, what is the legal standing for Barr to not release the report? (of course, with the exception that Barr IS a Trump stooge appointed SPECIFICALLY to protect his cult leader.)

So, I ask again.....since Mueller's report was authorized by republicans and fully funded by all of us tax payers, what is the LEGAL PRECEDENT for the report to not be FULLY disclosed?

Seriously? The report very likely contains names of American operatives, people who are in sensitive positions providing valuable espionage on the Russians. It probably also is a blueprint on how we gather information on our enemies. Do you really want to trust that to 535 people, most of which have no security clearance? You’ve been reading to many of DEANTARD’s post.

Since the report clears Trump

See, you eternal moron.........You join the Trump cult when you state "the report clears...."

WHAT FUCKING REPORT?????...................Not the Mueller 22 months report, dimwit.......it is the stooge Barr's synopsis of what Trump hired and told him to "summarize"..........

You morons are beyond on the IQ scale of what Trump called, "the poorly educated [my base]"....

Seriously? The report very likely contains names of American operatives, people who are in sensitive positions providing valuable espionage on the Russians. It probably also is a blueprint on how we gather information on our enemies.

Either you're an idiot.....or you can't comprehend what you read.......I wrote from the BEGINNING.....

"With the appropriate caveat to members of Congress that names and methods of classified investigations NOT be revealed to the general public.."

Seriously? The report very likely contains names of American operatives, people who are in sensitive positions providing valuable espionage on the Russians. It probably also is a blueprint on how we gather information on our enemies.

Either you're an idiot.....or you can't comprehend what you read.......I wrote from the BEGINNING.....

"With the appropriate caveat to members of Congress that names and methods of classified investigations NOT be revealed to the general public.."

I read that- And that is why I said I don’t trust 535 people without security clearances to keep a pledge. Yep, you’ve been taking lessons from DEANTARD on how to post and respond to post.

Since the report clears Trump
See, you eternal moron.........You join the Trump cult when you state "the report clears...."
WHAT FUCKING REPORT?????...................Not the Mueller 22 months report, dimwit.......it is the stooge Barr's synopsis of what Trump hired and told him to "summarize"..........
You morons are beyond on the IQ scale of what Trump called, "the poorly educated [my base]"....
Why do you need ti lie to make a point?

By August 2017, Mueller had removed the lead investigator, Agent Peter Strzok over the rabidly anti-Trump texts he’d exchanged with Lisa Page, a top FBI lawyer who served as McCabe’s counsel. Page herself had resigned in May. Meanwhile, the FBI reassigned its top counsel, James Baker (who later resigned); and the bureau’s inspection division referred McCabe to the Justice Department’s inspector general for leaking investigative information and then lying about it (and McCabe was later fired and referred to the Justice Department for possible prosecution).

This means that by autumn 2017 when it would have been time to go back to the court and reaffirm the dossier’s allegations of a Trump-Russia espionage conspiracy, the major FBI officials involved in placing those unverified allegations before the court had been sidelined. Clearly up to speed after four months of running the investigation, Mueller decided not to renew these allegations.

Once the fourth warrant lapsed in September, investigators made no new claims of a Trump-Russia conspiracy to the court. The collusion case was the Clinton campaign’s Steele dossier, and by autumn 2017, the investigators now in charge of the Trump-Russia investigation were unwilling to stand behind it.

In order to get the FISA warrants, the Justice Department and the FBI had had to allege that there was probable cause to believe former Trump adviser Carter Page was an agent of Russia. Under FISA law, that requires alleging that he was knowingly involved in clandestine activity on behalf of Russia, and that this clandestine activity involved probable violations of American criminal law – offenses such as espionage. Yet, despite the fact that this representation was made four times in sworn “verified” applications, Mueller never charged Page with a crime – not espionage, not false statements, nothing.

When Special Counsel Mueller closed his investigation last week, he almost certainly knew for about a year and a half that there was no collusion case. Indeed, the indictments that he did bring appeared to preclude the possibility that the Trump campaign conspired with the Kremlin.

Andrew McCarthy: How long has Mueller known there was no Trump-Russia collusion?

Some how a 3 page report on hundreds of pages of findings deserves some of the negative response it got? Barr must have agreed with that as he is now going to put out a longer one after all the lash back.

Sure.....Trump fucked you over in 2016....and obviously you liked it and want for him to do it to you AGAIN.
How will we ever survive record high employment and a stronger economy?

Democrats doubled Trump's campaign spending, had 98% of the MSM in their pocket and used the government to spy on Trump's campaign and still lost.

Trump only fucked over those that hate America and hate our Liberty.

Here's a KEY provision regarding the regulations governing the Special Counsel's report

At the conclusion of a special counsel’s investigation, section 600.9(a)(3) requires the Attorney General to provide to the chairs and ranking minority members of the House and Senate Judiciary Committees, “to the extent consistent with applicable law, a description and explanation of instances (if any)” in which the Attorney General overruled a proposed action by a special counsel.

The purpose of this report......, is “to help ensure congressional and public confidence in the integrity of the process.” 64 Fed. Reg. 37041.

I believe he did that with the 4-page report. He didn't overrule the SC on anything..

btw...the last thing the dems want is the full report to be released. They want it redacted so they can say, the true information
is being hidden. Not that anybody will buy into that.

Nice spin........Hannity would be proud.

What part was spin?

None.
Thanks for revealing yourself as the world's biggest moron. He's the AG. He's the only one who has standing. The law specifies that he determines what is done with the report.
If congress subpoenas the report, they will get it.
lldpbmffwap21.jpg

It's called the law....do you guys use Google at all? holy fuck you guys just read the talking points...….fucking sheep

Special prosecutor - Wikipedia

Here's what happens at the end:

"At the conclusion of the Special Counsel's work, he or she shall provide the Attorney General with a confidential report explaining the prosecution or declination decisions reached by the Special Counsel."

I dont see public, congress or anyone but the AG in that sentance

Post #137......read it and weep

None.
If congress subpoenas the report, they will get it.
lldpbmffwap21.jpg
That was done under the "Special Prosecutor" law, not the special counsel law.

Forum List

Back