What legal standing does Barr have to NOT release Mueller's report to Congress?

Mr. Barr is required only to provide lawmakers with very basic facts. He would be operating within the guidelines of the regulation if he were to give Congress a bare-bones notification that Mr. Mueller had concluded his work.

Will the Mueller Report Be Made Public? Answers to 6 Key Questions

28 CFR § 600.8 - Notification and reports by the Special Counsel.

Wrong.

See above post.

Your link says "can and should" release.

The law (as I posted the link) says "AG doesn't have to release"

Yep....you're "correct".....This is exactly why Barr interviewed for the job by stating to Trump that he would protect the orange clown once appointed AG....and, sure enough.......

Let me repeat.......IT IS ALWAYS "BEST" in a democracy to hide investigation's findings from the general public, isn't that so?

LOL

Mr. Barr is required only to provide lawmakers with very basic facts. He would be operating within the guidelines of the regulation if he were to give Congress a bare-bones notification that Mr. Mueller had concluded his work.

Wrong.

See above post.

There is no law, dope. You posted the regulation. It says that quite clearly in your own link.
It's a DOJ regulation written by the author of my link.

Yep....you're "correct".....This is exactly why Barr interviewed for the job by stating to Trump that he would protect the orange clown once appointed AG....and, sure enough.......

Let me repeat.......IT IS ALWAYS "BEST" in a democracy to hide investigation's findings from the general public, isn't that so?

LOL

You do know that Barr sent a letter to the chairmen of the committees today explaining that he will have the report to them by mid-April and that he would be available for hearings in May. Also that the WH will NOT see or comment on the report before it is released. No one is hiding anything, the LAW prescribes what can be published, and what can't be published.

Wrong.

See above post.

If he doesn't release it, the Congress will simply start up their own investigations into the matter and drag it on for another 2 years.

With the appropriate caveat to members of Congress that names and methods of classified investigations NOT be revealed to the general public, what is the legal standing for Barr to not release the report? (of course, with the exception that Barr IS a Trump stooge appointed SPECIFICALLY to protect his cult leader.)

So, I ask again.....since Mueller's report was authorized by republicans and fully funded by all of us tax payers, what is the LEGAL PRECEDENT for the report to not be FULLY disclosed?

The law says it's a confidential report between the special counsel and the AG. That's all you commies need to know.

The law says it's a confidential report between the special counsel and the AG. That's all you commies need to know.

Don't you think that Purin should also be in the loop....after all, Vlad IS instrumental in prompting this report....LMAO

LOL

Summary, investigative conclusions are relied on in law most of the time and are provided for in the previously linked law.

With the appropriate caveat to members of Congress that names and methods of classified investigations NOT be revealed to the general public, what is the legal standing for Barr to not release the report? (of course, with the exception that Barr IS a Trump stooge appointed SPECIFICALLY to protect his cult leader.)

So, I ask again.....since Mueller's report was authorized by republicans and fully funded by all of us tax payers, what is the LEGAL PRECEDENT for the report to not be FULLY disclosed?

Who said he wasn't going to release it? Sounds to me like you're fighting a battle before it actually exists.

There is no law, dope. You posted the regulation. It says that quite clearly in your own link.
It's a DOJ regulation written by the author of my link.

regulation
noun
reg·u·la·tion | \ ˌre-gyə-ˈlā-shən

, ˌre-gə- also ˌrā-\
Definition of regulation
(Entry 1 of 2)

...a rule or order issued by an executive authority or regulatory agency of a government and having the force of law

Wrong.

See above post.

If he doesn't release it, the Congress will simply start up their own investigations into the matter and drag it on for another 2 years.

But since there's no reason to think he won't release it, your "if" is nothing more than an attempt to find something to be butt-chapped about pre-emptively.

Think - House - Government Oversight -> Subpoena power. They will get that report, one way or another. And they are starting their own investigations, and far broader in scope than the fairly limited Mueller anal probe - a scope roughly matching the breadth and depth of the corruption swamp that is Trump's habitat. This sure isn't going away, and whoever takes a senior position in this administration will seriously have to consider whether he wants that job, and very, very likely be served one day.

This is insane.

You are complaining about Barr not releasing a report THAT HE IS GOING TO RELEASE. How deranged can you get?

Then there is the basic fact that the question in the OP was answered on page two and you totally ignored it. You know what Trump needs to get reelected? More people like you - it is the ONLY thing that can make him appear remotely sane.

The law doesn't require it, dumbass. It's as simple as that.

There is no law regarding it's release.
There's nothing stopping it from being released in it's entirety.

Except political cuntery, that is.
Sure there are.

There are plenty of laws that protect people giving grand jury testimony and releasing information on ongoing investigations among other things. Just because you don't like the time it takes to implement those protections does not lessen Barr's obligation to them.

This is insane.

You are complaining about Barr not releasing a report THAT HE IS GOING TO RELEASE. How deranged can you get?

Let's bring some honesty back in this discourse:

a. Barr said that he would release the report only to congress.....and

b. Barr stated that the report would be "redacted".........in other words a slightly longer version of his SUBJECTIVE synopsis of what Trump hired him to divulge.....

Here's what needs to happen......The ENTIRE report (signed off by Mueller that it IS the entire report) should be turned over to majority and minority leaders of the 2 chambers.

Second, with FBI's help, the ONLY parts redacted are the names of our own informants and intelligence gathering methods.

Third, NO grand jury testimony hearings need to be taken out, with the approval of a neutral federal judge.

Finally, the ENTIRE report should be posted on a government website after the above is followed.....the process should take not more than 2 weeks.

You do realize that Barr and Mueller are best friends, and have been for 40 years. You know damn well that Barr knew there was nothing but bullshit in his so-called report long before it was publicized as such. If there was anything of consequence in this 300 pages/25 million dollars of waste, Barr wouldn't have contradicted his bud.

Third, NO grand jury testimony hearings need to be taken out, with the approval of a neutral federal judge.

I agree with everything in your posting, except the above. Imperiling grand jury proceedings spun off by Mueller doesn't look like a wise decision to me. Whatever these proceedings are, they should be allowed to reach their targets unimpeded, or, if the grand jury does not return indictments, the targets should not be saddled with having their names published.

Forum List

Back