What makes a President great?

A president can never be great if they refuse to acknowledge that they are public servants. On this point Trump is an abject failure. In his role as king of the republicans he has failed to show one genuine moment of humility.
Or integrity or ethical conscience.
Eisenhower is my choice for the wall.
I grew up in TVA land. Roosevelt was a godlike figure to my parents who had been raised penniless share-cropppers and ended up educated and reasonably well off. They saw the transformation of the south first hand and knew who had did it.

Roosevelt....yeah his face would probably be up there next to his cousin if Rushmore was made a little later.

Jo
FDR was a commie, racist, power hungry, prick.

So what made him great or are you saying he was no great? Looks like that's what you're saying.

Jo

A president can never be great if they refuse to acknowledge that they are public servants. On this point Trump is an abject failure. In his role as king of the republicans he has failed to show one genuine moment of humility.
Or integrity or ethical conscience.
Eisenhower is my choice for the wall.
I grew up in TVA land. Roosevelt was a godlike figure to my parents who had been raised penniless share-cropppers and ended up educated and reasonably well off. They saw the transformation of the south first hand and knew who had did it.

Roosevelt....yeah his face would probably be up there next to his cousin if Rushmore was made a little later.

Jo
FDR was a commie, racist, power hungry, prick.

He did more for the south than any confederate traitor ever did.

Back in the day, middle school girls would pass handwritten notes about the boys they thought were cute.

Now they use Twitter.

Just like our “president”.

Interesting question. Qualities?
1). Kind and polite, always willing to be open to harsh criticism....willingly
2) Military service a very good thing
3) Dignifying... Inspiring....articulate
4) Experienced in foreign affairs
5). Understands that 90 percent of the population works incredibly hard just to barely hang on....barely.

The only campaign promise that Trump did was his tax bill. Pretty much everything else was executive orders or fortunate timing (SCOTUS appointments). N. Korea still has nukes and isn't going to get rid of them anytime soon.

There is no wall, we still have troops in Afghanistan and he has really hurt our standing with our allies in the world.
Trump nominated Gorusch to SP, right wing goons controlled Congress & the Trumptards acted like Trump was the Second Coming after the swearing in. But after all, they were desperate to see Trump & The Repubes accomplish SOMETHING.

The only campaign promise that Trump did was his tax bill. Pretty much everything else was executive orders or fortunate timing (SCOTUS appointments). N. Korea still has nukes and isn't going to get rid of them anytime soon.

There is no wall, we still have troops in Afghanistan and he has really hurt our standing with our allies in the world.

We don't have allies except for Isreal. We have parasites. Troops are in Afghanistan because of Congress, and we do have a wall despite Congress. He never said could disarm NK only put pressure on them. Wrong on all counts.

Jo

We don't have allies other than Israel? Wow..............you are weapons grade stupid if you think that. And, Trump said that as president, he was going to get the troops out of Afghanistan, but we recently had troops killed over there. No, we don't have a wall, because no new wall has been built, and what has been worked on was just for updates.

As far as Trump never saying he could disarm N.Korea, well............remember this tweet?

Just landed - a long trip, but everybody can now feel much safer than the day I took office. There is no longer a Nuclear Threat from North Korea. Meeting with Kim Jong Un was an interesting and very positive experience. North Korea has great potential for the future!

Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 13, 2018

Let's start with NK....
Where does he say he can disarm them?
Now that we know you deal in lies let's look at your other sour grapes offerings.
What Allies are you talking about? Show me one that doesn't benefit from free military protection....otherwise known as Parasites.

Is there something wrong with an update?
And if we're having difficulty getting started
On new construction...why is that? So your going to call that a broken promise? The fact that the Dems have totally waged war on new construction means that Trump broke his promise? You go with that and see what it gets you in 2020.

Jo

If you look at all the surveys on the subject it is a combination of the greatest activism/growing government and number of people killed in and by the military.

Washington being the exception.

What makes a great President??

What he does during his term as POTUS.

Not what he says, but what he does.

Trump nominated Gorusch to SP, right wing goons controlled Congress & the Trumptards acted like Trump was the Second Coming after the swearing in. But after all, they were desperate to see Trump & The Repubes accomplish SOMETHING.

When I see uneducated children posting this kind of crap it encourages me to realize that Trump was indeed the right choice. The smallness of the mentality that cherry picks the facts is measured not only by simplistic, turrets-like noises that transfer into keystrokes but also by the willingness to see evil in anything that disagrees with it.
The republicans are Trump's biggest enemies and most avid haters, followed closely of course by chimpanzee like beings that call themselves democratic legislators.

Freud was correct when he observed that given more than two choices the infantile mind collapses into a hysteria of fight or flight confrontation and then instinctively settles on the easiest conflict to digest.

JO

Back in the day, middle school girls would pass handwritten notes about the boys they thought were cute.

Now they use Twitter.

Just like our “president”.

The Wittier thing at first offended me. Then I realized that was because we have grown used to being held at arms length by any and all who ascend to that office. Trump has redesigned the communication patterns from Oval office to smallest and most insignificant constituent. His election campaign committee's use of test messaging is far and away the most pervasive and far reaching technique to date for getting in touch with potential doners, and supporters. This is a good thing...it will be used by all Presidents that follow him...including the Twitter activity. People will now expect to hear from the CIC pretty much on a daily basis....I think they have a right to that.

JO

What makes a great President??

What he does during his term as POTUS.

Not what he says, but what he does.

Yep.... That's exactly what I was thinking too. Lots of people say lots of things that never happen.
It's the ones that do that cause the world to change not the ones who blow smoke.

JO

If you look at all the surveys on the subject it is a combination of the greatest activism/growing government and number of people killed in and by the military.

Washington being the exception.

I have heard it said more than once that WAR TIME leaders are always the most popular.

JO

We don't have allies except for Isreal. We have parasites. Troops are in Afghanistan because of Congress, and we do have a wall despite Congress. He never said could disarm NK only put pressure on them. Wrong on all counts.

Jo

We don't have allies other than Israel? Wow..............you are weapons grade stupid if you think that. And, Trump said that as president, he was going to get the troops out of Afghanistan, but we recently had troops killed over there. No, we don't have a wall, because no new wall has been built, and what has been worked on was just for updates.

As far as Trump never saying he could disarm N.Korea, well............remember this tweet?

Just landed - a long trip, but everybody can now feel much safer than the day I took office. There is no longer a Nuclear Threat from North Korea. Meeting with Kim Jong Un was an interesting and very positive experience. North Korea has great potential for the future!

Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 13, 2018

Let's start with NK....
Where does he say he can disarm them?
Now that we know you deal in lies let's look at your other sour grapes offerings.
What Allies are you talking about? Show me one that doesn't benefit from free military protection....otherwise known as Parasites.

Is there something wrong with an update?
And if we're having difficulty getting started
On new construction...why is that? So your going to call that a broken promise? The fact that the Dems have totally waged war on new construction means that Trump broke his promise? You go with that and see what it gets you in 2020.

Jo

When Trump left the first summit with N. Korea, he tweeted that there is no longer a nuclear threat from N. Korea. I even put the tweet in the last post of mine you quoted.

And yeah, if you tell me that you are going to build a wall, that means building new wall in new places, not just updating stuff.

Forum List

Back