What makes arguing with liberals so frustrating #1

Neither of which are agreeable to conservatives.
Bush's ideology was misinterpreted by liberals in stating he governed conservative.
Untrue. On domestic and fiscal policy, Bush 43 was a right leaning populist.
Many of his spending policies were quite liberal.
Where Bush differed from other right leaning moderates was his military and foreign policy. On those issues Bush was indeed conservative.

Nation-building, open borders and ports aren't a conservative defense policy.

Nothing about Bush or any of the republicans in power during his administration, was conservative.
Then why do liberals express such vitriol over Bush's presidency?
Or for that matter, the man himself?

Some do, some don't.

Liberals in the republican party supported Bush going by that policy liberals in the democract party support the policy now that Obama is doing it.

This, of course, is total bulshit.

Government is the only defense a citizen has against powerful corporations which have been shown again and again to steal, cheat, and lie to the point of polluting the planet and destroying the world economy. Why? Because the government is ELECTED BY THE PEOPLE.

And the conservatives want to let the unelected corporations run wild....

Gets pretty scary sometimes when you get the full view of the liberal brain.

Government is the only defense a citizen has against powerful corporations?

No, a citizen can simply take his business somewhere else and the corporation loses power as it loses money. Don't like how Mcdonald's gets their meat? Go to Wendy's. Don't like how Wal Mart treats their employees? Go to Meijer.

No, we don't have to be saved by the almighty, all-knowing, all-loving Father Government.

Dude stop trying.

if someone can't go two words without posting something that is factually incorrect like Chris has here, you're never going to get through to them. They just plain don't get it.

Chris and many liberals like him simply don't understand how the relationships between consumers and business relate to each other, how the actions of one effects the other, etc. That is crystal clear by making the completely stupid and completely false statement that government is the only means of protecting the people against corporations. That is unequivocally false. The PEOPLE are supposed to defend the people against corporations acting in a way that is undesirable. If you don't like what a company does you don't give them your business. It's that simple. Bringing us to your second false statement, that corps have shown again and again that they cheat, steal and lie. Again, unequivically false. That simply is not the reality in how the majority of corporations operate. Why? Because being the stupid liberal you are and because you again don't understand the relationship between consumer and business. The only thing you would be right about is that a business acts primarily in its own financial best interest. What you are too stupid to figure out apparently is that everything you accuse 'evil corp. america' of doing are things that are in fact NOT in a corporatins financial best interest.

Corporations destroyed the world economy in 2008.

Corporations spilled 2 million barrels of oil in the Gulf of Mexico.

Corporations created a garbage patch in the Pacific Ocean twice the size of Texas.

Corporations created a hole in the ozone bigger than Antarctica.

Nothing about Bush or any of the republicans in power during his administration, was conservative.
Then why do liberals express such vitriol over Bush's presidency?
Or for that matter, the man himself?

Some do, some don't.

Liberals in the republican party supported Bush going by that policy liberals in the democract party support the policy now that Obama is doing it.
To clarify...USMB posters.

No, a citizen can simply take his business somewhere else and the corporation loses power as it loses money. Don't like how Mcdonald's gets their meat? Go to Wendy's. Don't like how Wal Mart treats their employees? Go to Meijer.

No, we don't have to be saved by the almighty, all-knowing, all-loving Father Government.

Dude stop trying.

if someone can't go two words without posting something that is factually incorrect like Chris has here, you're never going to get through to them. They just plain don't get it.

Chris and many liberals like him simply don't understand how the relationships between consumers and business relate to each other, how the actions of one effects the other, etc. That is crystal clear by making the completely stupid and completely false statement that government is the only means of protecting the people against corporations. That is unequivocally false. The PEOPLE are supposed to defend the people against corporations acting in a way that is undesirable. If you don't like what a company does you don't give them your business. It's that simple. Bringing us to your second false statement, that corps have shown again and again that they cheat, steal and lie. Again, unequivically false. That simply is not the reality in how the majority of corporations operate. Why? Because being the stupid liberal you are and because you again don't understand the relationship between consumer and business. The only thing you would be right about is that a business acts primarily in its own financial best interest. What you are too stupid to figure out apparently is that everything you accuse 'evil corp. america' of doing are things that are in fact NOT in a corporatins financial best interest.

Corporations created a garbage patch in the Pacific Ocean twice the size of Texas.

Corporations built the computer and the wire lines that allow people such as yourself to post nonsense.
Guess they aren't all that bad, eh Chrissy.

Neither of which are agreeable to conservatives.
Bush's ideology was misinterpreted by liberals in stating he governed conservative.
Untrue. On domestic and fiscal policy, Bush 43 was a right leaning populist.
Many of his spending policies were quite liberal.
Where Bush differed from other right leaning moderates was his military and foreign policy. On those issues Bush was indeed conservative.

Now here you are being extreme. I agree that President Bush's policies on entitlements, energy, immigration, environment, and education were not conservative positions and I opposed many of his policiies there and some other things too.

It is not true that he was not conservative in anything, however. His tax poliicy quickly pulled us out of what could have been a devastating recession following 9/11. He publiically called for reform and reining in of Fannie and Freddie at least 27 different times over his two terms and was openly opposed by the Democrats in doing so when they took power in 2007. Before the housing bubble burst, we had strong growth, full employment, and were on a solid track back to a balanced budget. I don't think any Democrat would have been as competent in tightening security and preventing another mass murder terrorist attack.

I have no problem with hanging our elected leaders for their crimes. But I do insist that they be hanged for the crimes they commit and not for those they don't commit.

Even with the Bush tax cuts taxes were still way too high across the board for me to call them conservative, especially when you cut taxes while simultaneously skyrocketing spending.

But i stick to the fact that doing unfunded nation-building, and leaving ports and borders wide open is the exact opposite of conservative.

Dude stop trying.

Corporations built the computer and the wire lines that allow people such as yourself to post nonsense.
Guess they aren't all that bad, eh Chrissy.

Corporations and government are great when they are properly regulated.

We are accomplishing great things in this country.

Dude stop trying.

I'm glad you listed all those negatives about corporations, because come to think of it, I can't think of any negatives about government.

I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT, GOVERNMENT CAN SAVE US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bow3:

Dude stop trying.

I'm glad you listed all those negatives about corporations, because come to think of it, I can't think of any negatives about government.

Glad you see the light.

Governments are elected by the people.

Corporations are not.

Glad you see the light.

Corporations are not.

Whether or not a corporation is successful, is chosen by the people.

I wish there'd be a day that you would learn this, but I'm not optimistic.

Basically because.....

Live Chat with the Autorantic Virtual Moonbat!

LOL. Here's my brief exchange with the Moonbat:

To chat with the Autorantic Virtual Moonbat, just type anything (or nothing) in the field below, and click "ENTER."

In several ways I think Obama has been bad for America

"America"!? Shocking!!!! You just don't get it, do you? Down with corruption and imperialism!!

But hasn't Obama allowed or promoted corruption and imperialism?

Why do you say imperialism? As a worker, I see I am French! Down with division!!

But, Obama has been the most divisive president in my memory.

President!!!? U.S. get out of Sri Lanka! Drop dead!!

So yeah, that's how a lot of these message board threads go. :)

Glad you see the light.

Corporations are not.
Yes. Freshman Reps and Senators go wide eyed with rolled sleeves to Capitol Hill where their enthusiasm is quickly diminished after that 'talking to" by senior Members.
The realization being in Washington there is far more politics than government.
Shockingly similar to how large corporations operate.
So.....What the hell are you trying to say?

Basically because.....

Live Chat with the Autorantic Virtual Moonbat!

LOL. Here's my brief exchange with the Moonbat:

To chat with the Autorantic Virtual Moonbat, just type anything (or nothing) in the field below, and click "ENTER."

In several ways I think Obama has been bad for America

"America"!? Shocking!!!! You just don't get it, do you? Down with corruption and imperialism!!

But hasn't Obama allowed or promoted corruption and imperialism?

Why do you say imperialism? As a worker, I see I am French! Down with division!!

But, Obama has been the most divisive president in my memory.

President!!!? U.S. get out of Sri Lanka! Drop dead!!

So yeah, that's how a lot of these message board threads go. :)
That chat is hilarious. Sadly, this is often the type response one may get from the typical lib/progressive.

liberals argue with there feelings, conservatives argue with facts and logic, you will never get a liberal to change how they feel, so it pretty much voids the facts to them.

liberals argue with there feelings, conservatives argue with facts and logic, you will never get a liberal to change how they feel, so it pretty much voids the facts to them.

You're an idiot.

God, why you guys make me call you names?

Dude stop trying.

Which proves what exactly? It really is an all or nothing thing with you people isn't it? Those incidents are not representative of all corporations or even a majority of them or even a large minority. You think BP wanted that spill to occur. You think losing that much oil was in their financial best interest? I wish we could promise idiots like you bad things would never happen. That's what you retard libs seem to want out of life. You basically want government to gauruntee to baby you and make sure nothing bad ever happens to you and if it does well string 'em all up right? NEWSFLASH DIPSHIT: You are not entitled to a risk free existence. Bad things happen to corporations to. that doesnt' make them evil or provide a good reason to vilify them.

You're an idiot.

Unfortunately it's true. Look at your policies for a second. Everything you do is about making you and others FEEL good. Paying for everyone's health care sounds like the compassionate thing to do. Giving people money to buy food FEELS like the compassionate thing to do.

The reality is liberals are selfish, enablers and hypocrites. They think they help people by paying for the stuff which really only enables the behavior that put people in the bad positin they're in to begin with. All you're really trying to do is keep yourself from feeling guilty about someone elses suffering. You give them money because it make YOU FEEL better, not because it helps them. And you are hypocrites because you demand other people's money to do the helping instead of simply doing it yourselves.

Last edited:
Now here you are being extreme. I agree that President Bush's policies on entitlements, energy, immigration, environment, and education were not conservative positions and I opposed many of his policiies there and some other things too.

It is not true that he was not conservative in anything, however. His tax poliicy quickly pulled us out of what could have been a devastating recession following 9/11. He publiically called for reform and reining in of Fannie and Freddie at least 27 different times over his two terms and was openly opposed by the Democrats in doing so when they took power in 2007. Before the housing bubble burst, we had strong growth, full employment, and were on a solid track back to a balanced budget. I don't think any Democrat would have been as competent in tightening security and preventing another mass murder terrorist attack.

I have no problem with hanging our elected leaders for their crimes. But I do insist that they be hanged for the crimes they commit and not for those they don't commit.

Bush was a social conservative, an economic moderate and very liberal on foreign policy.

Drock is very liberal on social issues and very conservative economically and with foreign policy.

I am also very conservative with economics and foreign policy, and moderately liberal on social issues.

This made Bush a problem, there were very few issues that I agreed with him on. I want to protect OUR border, not Iraq's.

You're an idiot.

Unfortunately it's true. Look at your policies for a second. Everything you do is about making you and others FEEL good. Paying for everyone's health care sounds like the compassionate thing to do. Giving people money to buy food FEELS like the compassionate thing to do.

The reality is liberals are enablers and hypocrites. They think they help people by paying for the stuff which really only enables the behavior that put people in the bad positin they're in to begin with and they are hypocrites because they demand other people's money to do the helping instead of simply doing it themselves.

No, see... It's really not. If you want to discuss those specific policies I'm happy to do so... In another thread or privately.

The feeling may be an attract-er to the Democratic party for some people, but the policies are not feelings based, they're rooted in logic. Welfare programs have existed for thousands of years. When you help others, you help yourself. Bread and circus in Rome for example. If you give them enough to survive, they don't come lookin for what you've got, and it's cheaper than hiring the guns to control them, and with a better return for the aggregate.

Those labels in my opinion only stick tentatively, but if you're gonna try to stick them, Grunt has them backwards. Liberalism is based on logic, whereas conservatism is based more in tradition and religion as guiding principles.

That's just the way it is - Unlike Grunt I'm not trying to stick them as a perceived pejorative, I'm just stating what is.

Forum List

Back