What makes Christie such a liberal?

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
Why is Christie widely considered by many republicans to be a no-good liberal?

I'm not disagreeing mind you, I'm merely asking the question because I don't know enough about his politics to endorse or rebut the notion.

But given what little I do know about him, I can say with a high degree of confidence that I'd vote for him over either Clinton or Biden.

Can anyone cite some concrete examples of his record as Governor of New Jersey that indicate he's a liberal in (over-sized) conservative clothing?

I'm not disagreeing mind you, I'm merely asking the question because I don't know enough about his politics to endorse or rebut the notion.

dem·a·gogue
ˈdeməˌgäg/
noun
noun: demagogue; plural noun: demagogues

a political leader who seeks support by appealing to popular desires and prejudices rather than by using rational argument.
synonyms: rabble-rouser, agitator, political agitator, soapbox orator, firebrand, fomenter, provocateu

• Banned

dem·a·gogue
ˈdeməˌgäg/
noun

a political leader who seeks support by appealing to popular desires and prejudices rather than by using rational argument.
synonyms: rabble-rouser, agitator, political agitator, soapbox orator, firebrand, fomenter, provocateu

liberals don't hold a monopoly on demagoguery, and no amount of bold red font is going to change that.

dem·a·gogue
ˈdeməˌgäg/
noun

liberals don't hold a monopoly on demagoguery, and no amount of bold red font is going to change that.

I did not say that demagoguery is purely a "liberal" characteristic. I merely indicated that Christie is the mother of all demagogues.

But given what little I do know about him, I can say with a high degree of confidence that I'd vote for him over either Clinton or Biden.

Can anyone cite some concrete examples of his record as Governor of New Jersey that indicate he's a liberal in (over-sized) conservative clothing?

His support of feel good gun control measures, and thus his passing disdain for the 2nd amendment.

Thats my main gripe with him. For the social conservatives, however the issue is he is a social progressive. That makes him suspect even with his fiscal bonifides.

To me he is not perfect, but better than any democratic progressive statist idiot out there, and he can remove some of the socially conservative issues by showing federalist tendencies.

Will the National GOP learn from Virginia?

Yes, indeed they will.

They need to fully adopt the Wolf in sheep's clothing technique.

Pretend to be a Republican while actually adopting the democrats' platform.

ALeqM5jKFFNvBTzgSOQNvmUPyHh-WRqXyg

Exhibit A

^ Posts this in another thread

And this is the best he can come up with when asked for concrete examples:

dem·a·gogue
ˈdeməˌgäg/
noun

It's pretty difficult to take a guy like that seriously.

Oh Manifold...Republicans say stuff they cant prove or explain all the time man. That's why they blame blacks for taking all the jobs with affirmative action while saying that there are no jobs and blacks are too lazy to work.

Its as if they have two brains that don't add up to a half a human brain

Oh Manifold...Republicans say stuff they cant prove or explain all the time man. That's why they blame blacks for taking all the jobs with affirmative action while saying that there are no jobs and blacks are too lazy to work.

I thought marty's answer was pretty reasonable.

Will the National GOP learn from Virginia?

Yes, indeed they will.

They need to fully adopt the Wolf in sheep's clothing technique.

Pretend to be a Republican while actually adopting the democrats' platform.

ALeqM5jKFFNvBTzgSOQNvmUPyHh-WRqXyg

Exhibit A

^ Posts this in another thread

And this is the best he can come up with when asked for concrete examples:

dem·a·gogue
ˈdeməˌgäg/
noun

It's pretty difficult to take a guy like that seriously.

"Concrete examples"?!?!?

You have access to the internet, you have the ability to listen to his speeches and closely monitor his behavior but nevertheless want me to identify concrete examples.

Why don't you identify the issues which separate him from a democrat?

You have access to the internet, you have the ability to listen to his speeches and closely monitor his behavior but nevertheless want me to identify concrete examples.

You should've just said you can't in the first place, and saved us both a little time.

Christie is an obamalover and has shown that he is willing to compromise with democrats. That's enough to lose my vote.

Meh, Marty can have his moments

Thank you. Christie is a Republican in NJ because he realizes he can't give away the farm and raise taxes willy-nilly to please government employee unions and to fund the project de jour because we need to feel like people "care." Just wait until DiBlasio gets his paws on the budgetary process along with the rubber stamp NYC Council and you will see the difference between a NE Republican and NE Democrats.

That being said Christie would be a blue dog bascially anywhere not a democratic stronghold, and probably not even that due to his stance on gun control.

Forum List

Back