What makes you think God wants less for his children than you for yours?

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2012

Most Christians think that God created man to be subservient to him. We are to love honor and most of all obey and serve his wants and needs forever as his heavenly children. In other words, God is always at the top and man is always below.

As above so below. At end times, God’s law is to prevail on earth.

As a son, I strained to do as well and even better than my father. It happened naturally and thus I think most people do the same.

As a parent myself, I want my children to do as well as I have and then bust any record of mine and do better. That to me would be the ideal. That eventually places my children above me, --- where they belong. This is natural and desirable yet God would have the reverse with his children.

Are you ready to follow your God and have your children subservient to you forever?
Do you think that to be the natural order of things?

I would not force my children beneath me and reject a God who would have me beneath him forever.

I remember what Jesus asked in the bible. Have ye forgotten that ye are Gods?

My answer is no. What is yours?

Regards
DL

You wouldn't require your children to listen to your counsel while they are young?

You wouldn't require your children to listen to your counsel while they are young?

Absolutely.

I am talking to adults though. I hope.

Strange that I speak of how they should end and you speak of how they should begin.

Is their end not the important part?

Regards
DL

God has no equal.....never has and never will, other than Jesus Christ himself, and that is because he is God.

Psalm 40:5 (NASB) Many, O LORD my God, are the wonders which You have done, And Your thoughts toward us; There is none to compare with You. If I would declare and speak of them, They would be too numerous to count.

When I hear people speak of being equal or greater than God, I cant help but think of these verses.

Isaiah 14:12-15 (KJV)
How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

The serpent himself used the desire to be as gods to tempt Adam and Eve

Genesis 3:3-7 (KJV)
But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die. And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat. And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

Most Christians think that God created man to be subservient to him. We are to love honor and most of all obey and serve his wants and needs forever as his heavenly children. In other words, God is always at the top and man is always below.

As a son, I strained to do as well and even better than my father. It happened naturally and thus I think most people do the same.

As a parent myself, I want my children to do as well as I have and then bust any record of mine and do better. That to me would be the ideal. That eventually places my children above me, --- where they belong. This is natural and desirable yet God would have the reverse with his children.

Are you ready to follow your God and have your children subservient to you forever?

I would not force my children beneath me and reject a God who would have me beneath him forever.

Regards
DL
This is quite possibly the best point about religion I have yet read. No matter how anyone will argue with you to defend their master.

God has no equal.....never has and never will, other than Jesus Christ himself, and that is because he is God.
To Christians, god is exactly like a stick: my dogs love to compete to get the stick. there are sticks all over the place here in the woods, but the one I pick up instantly becomes THE stick that is the one that must be worshiped. they go CRAZY about that stick running around with it, but as soon as I pick up ANOTHER stick, the previous stick becomes USELESS to them, they drop it like thrash instantly and go after the one in my hand that I just threw. Same with the almighty dollar that their Christian leaders such as Obama, Bush, Tony Blair and others in EU worship. the rest is sugar coated hypocrisy.

Psalm 40:5 (NASB) Many, O LORD my God, are the wonders which You have done, And Your thoughts toward us; There is none to compare with You. If I would declare and speak of them, They would be too numerous to count.

When I hear people speak of being equal or greater than God, I cant help but think of these verses.

Isaiah 14:12-15 (KJV)
How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

The serpent himself used the desire to be as gods to tempt Adam and Eve

Genesis 3:3-7 (KJV)
But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die. And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat. And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

What do those quotes tell you?

Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Regards
DL

Psalm 40:5 (NASB) Many, O LORD my God, are the wonders which You have done, And Your thoughts toward us; There is none to compare with You. .

Can you tell us who God and the first commandment is referring to in terms of putting some other God before yours?

Which Gods was God referring to and why do you disagree with God and say there are no other Gods?

Regards
DL

Psalm 40:5 (NASB) Many, O LORD my God, are the wonders which You have done, And Your thoughts toward us; There is none to compare with You. .

Can you tell us who God and the first commandment is referring to in terms of putting some other God before yours?

Which Gods was God referring to and why do you disagree with God and say there are no other Gods?

Regards
DL
By gods, it is referring to either idols or evil spirits (satan)

Could be this...

Psalm 115:3-7 (KJV)
But our God is in the heavens: he hath done whatsoever he hath pleased. Their idols are silver and gold, the work of men's hands. They have mouths, but they speak not: eyes have they, but they see not: They have ears, but they hear not: noses have they, but they smell not: They have hands, but they handle not: feet have they, but they walk not: neither speak they through their throat.

or

2 Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Either way, God has no equal, not even a close second.

It is true that earthly judges in the Old Testament were called "elohims" but they were not gods in a divine or supernatural sense. They were judges and overseers of the people. They were gods in an authoritative sense, not in a mormon/word of faith, gonna rule our own planets one day, kind of sense.

Absolutely.

Strange that I speak of how they should end and you speak of how they should begin.

Regards
DL

God isn't talking to adults. He is talking to rebellious little children who think they know everything but havent begun to understand the world around them. That's why He gives us commandments and teaches us.

God isn't talking to adults. He is talking to rebellious little children who think they know everything but havent begun to understand the world around them. That's why He gives us commandments and teaches us.
And so I got it: god is not talking to you, the adult, he is talking to retards like me. And I believe this too.

And so I got it: god is not talking to you, the adult, he is talking to retards like me. And I believe this too.

You're a retard now? I don't believe that for a second.

You don't get it. We all are in a state of rebellion. We all fall short of the Glory of God. He is talking to all of us. We just need to start listening.

The question is do we listen to the wisdom of an all knowing Father, or do we ignore it and pretend we know better?

Regards
DL
By gods, it is referring to either idols or evil spirits (satan)

Could be this...

Psalm 115:3-7 (KJV)
But our God is in the heavens: he hath done whatsoever he hath pleased. Their idols are silver and gold, the work of men's hands. They have mouths, but they speak not: eyes have they, but they see not: They have ears, but they hear not: noses have they, but they smell not: They have hands, but they handle not: feet have they, but they walk not: neither speak they through their throat.

or

2 Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Either way, God has no equal, not even a close second.

It is true that earthly judges in the Old Testament were called "elohims" but they were not gods in a divine or supernatural sense. They were judges and overseers of the people. They were gods in an authoritative sense, not in a mormon/word of faith, gonna rule our own planets one day, kind of sense.

I see. Strange that you feel comfortable changing the words that your own God used.

I think that if God wanted you to thing of evil spirits or idols, he would have said just that. After all you do say there is no one above him so why would you put your words above his?

Because you will use any lie so as not to face the truth.

Regards
DL

Absolutely.

Regards
DL

Why does he create children's brains in adult bodies?

Intelligent design that eh.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

First of all, there is no god. Man made that up thousands of years ago to deal with his fears. Just in case mommy and daddy get eaten by a bear remember god is watching over you and so are we from the heavens. Wishful thinking.

And why should you always honor your mother and father? What if they were bastards to you? My parents were wonderful so we honor them. My dad came from Greece was a cook and my brother is a VP of a company living in Switzerland. No matter how much he makes he better always honor/respect dad. Dad was a good man.

My dad's parents were horrible to him. They taught him about god and no matter how bad they were to him he always honored them. He should have dropped them and god a long time ago. This is how parents were before the 1970's. They had kids to work the farm. Child slave labor. Some parents in other countries sell off their young daughters. I suspect Honor your parents is a lesson taught by elders to young kids to keep them in line.

Elephants teach their young respect too. If poachers kill off all the big adult elephants the teenage/younger elephants run amok and kill rhino's and hippo's for no reason. They need good parental guidance or it becomes lord of the flies.

You did not speak to what humans or Gods should want for their children.

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back