What motivates you to vote Democrat?

an avg of $1600 a year... but that depends on your take home pay to begin with.... & a lot of deductions are gone. it kinda screws the middle class in the long run.....

What deductions have the middle class lost?

To reconcile all this, the legislation proposed eliminating or capping many deductions that people currently take. To make these concessions more palatable to the public, the bill increases the current “standard deduction” to taxpayers—which for 2018 is sixty-five hundred dollars per person and thirteen thousand dollars per couple—to around twelve thousand dollars per person and twenty-four thousand dollars per couple. While this increased standard deduction sounds good, it is not enough to make up for all of the other kinds of deductions that are being lost (or capped), including those for mortgage interest, local taxes, medical expenses, and personal exemptions. Republicans are effectively giving many taxpayers a tax break while taking it away at the same time.

The Republican Tax Plan Contains More Middle-Class Pain Than Even Its Critics Are Saying

That's one person's opinion. People keep bringing up the mortgage deduction despite the fact it only affects people with homes valued at more than $750k. I find it amusing that Democrats are concerned about people who can afford homes four times the national average.

As I pointed out in another thread, my wife and I are due to come out around $4k - $5k ahead this year.
It is more than the mortgage deduction

It is state and local taxes that have been capped

Yes, I am very aware of that, and if you have the income level to be able to exceed that $10,000 cap do you really think you are the average middle class American or perhaps you're a bit more well of and can stand to pay your fair share? That's what you people always say you want. I guess that's only when it's not you, huh?

And yet again, as we've discussed before, you are the one who all these years has voted for those politicians in your state who hiked up your income and property taxes, so whose fault is that? You're getting what you voted for, so why are you complaining? Perhaps you should reevaluate who you support at election time.

Yes, I am very aware of that, and if you have the income level to be able to exceed that $10,000 cap do you really think you are the average middle class American or perhaps you're a bit more well of and can stand to pay your fair share? That's what you people always say you want. I guess that's only when it's not you, huh?

And yet again, as we've discussed before, you are the one who all these years has voted for those politicians in your state who hiked up your income and property taxes, so whose fault is that? You're getting what you voted for, so why are you complaining? Perhaps you should reevaluate who you support at election time.

I live in NJ
It is not difficult to exceed $10 k with state taxes and real estate taxes
Most homeowners do

Republicans are turning against those states who provide services to their residents..........all to fund a tax cut for billionaires

Probably the Republicans motivate me to vote Democrat. Not all of them. I would probably have picked Kasich over Hillary, although anyone would have been better than Trump, even Jeb Bush.

Sometimes I've been pissed off at both at voted Libertarian or independent, even write in. But it's a waste to do that in a presidential election, unless there is no one I am voting against that I definitely wouldn't want to win.

Be totally transparent and honest....remember you are protected by total anonymity here?
I'll be transparent and honest. But first I'd like to comment on some of the previous posts. There are some without a comprehensive knowledge of PoliticalScience. These folks project hard baked attitudes about Democrats and Liberals that must have been developed by some perverse fandom to talk radio and the partisan propaganda that is the stock and trade of the 'pundits' plying their talking points.

These unfortunate fellow citizens revel in the division, the tribalism that has poisoned our national political discourse. As they have no knowledge of Political Science they fail to realize that our republic is born of and relies upon compromise. Their warped attitudes throw sand into the gears of governance. They actively seek to destroy our system by partisan authoritarianism. Their misinformed disparagement of any fellow citizen who disagrees with them not only coarseness our discourse but causes unnecessary and possibly irreparable harm to our nation.

Now, why I vote a Democrat ticket is primarily history. I voted against Richard Nixon in 1972 and I have been voting against Republican policy ever since. I I vote for great education, environmental protection, workplace safety, expansion of rights to minorities and women and workers.

I vote for a government where all Americans can come together for a greater good, not a privatized system extending greater benefit to the haves while repressing the have nots. I vote for great roads and ports and city services. I vote for fairness for all and not giving those who already have advantages greater advantage.

That's what motivates me to vote Democrat.

Lots of word games have been played in this thread...it’s actually quite entertaining to hear all the not so clever ways to frame and package the same old shit....I mean, your wordplay is pretty damn slick but just beneath the first layer of warm and fuzzy lies the same shit.
To sum it up:

“I vote for the party that promises to steal the most from our most productive to fund the most free shit for our lowest grade.”
That's a crude reduction to be sure. If you want the essence I would say I vote for the ticket that wants to make everything better for everyone, not the party that wants to make everything's no better for those who are already better.

The other position might be reduced to this: "I vote for what is good for me. As for the less fortunate, I look to Dickensian England as a paradigm. I just don't care if there I see poverty, hunger and ignorance in this country, just so long as I am not called upon to do anything about it."

Probably the Republicans motivate me to vote Democrat. Not all of them. I would probably have picked Kasich over Hillary, although anyone would have been better than Trump, even Jeb Bush.

Sometimes I've been pissed off at both at voted Libertarian or independent, even write in. But it's a waste to do that in a presidential election, unless there is no one I am voting against that I definitely wouldn't want to win.
Well when you start seeing less taxes taken out of your income tax, you make sure you donate back to the IRS and towards the debt that Obama increased 9.5 trillion. That way you can make President Trump look good, but then you wont feel guilty spending it, thus stimulating the economy, making President Trump look good? Dang, it seems the President has done something that no matter what you do, he is going to look good. bwaahhhhaaahhhhaa, he is a genius.....

Be totally transparent and honest....remember you are protected by total anonymity here?
What motivates me is after a hard week of picking multiple genders, wearing frilly dresses into the ladies rooms, seeing billions and billions and billions of immigrants get crushed by the racist Trump, and then seeing all the klansmen Trump has working for him, that's why. Sob....ummm....sigh....oh.....not.

There are different kinds of Democrat voters.
One kind is the lazy and unproductive who wants what others have but doesn't want to work for it so he votes for the party that promises to confiscate the wealth of others for his benefit.

oh no worries--- the (R) tax scam that just passed just doubled the inheritance tax cprotection ap, going from $11,000,000,000 to $22,000,000,000 that the unwashed masses can't get their hands on.....LOL...........
Thank you for the confirmation. LOL

that you were duped? you're welcome. btw, enjoy the extra $10-$20 per week going into your pocket for the next few years.... that is until it isn't anymore.............lol...............
You're butthurt because Trump's policies don't benefit the lazy and unproductive. The Kenyan isn't president anymore, you're gonna have to get a job now. :itsok:

uh-huh. my mortgage is paid off, i haven't paid interest on my credit cards in years & my 3 vehicles have no loans on them albeit my 'newest' car is a 2007. my life is quite comfy but that doesn't mean i don't have empathy for those less fortunate. that makes me a 'liberal' to you, right?
I would wager you don't own a home, can't get a credit card, drive somebody else's car, and don't give a shit about the truly needy while you swipe your EBT card.

oh no worries--- the (R) tax scam that just passed just doubled the inheritance tax cprotection ap, going from $11,000,000,000 to $22,000,000,000 that the unwashed masses can't get their hands on.....LOL...........
Thank you for the confirmation. LOL

that you were duped? you're welcome. btw, enjoy the extra $10-$20 per week going into your pocket for the next few years.... that is until it isn't anymore.............lol...............
You're butthurt because Trump's policies don't benefit the lazy and unproductive. The Kenyan isn't president anymore, you're gonna have to get a job now. :itsok:

uh-huh. my mortgage is paid off, i haven't paid interest on my credit cards in years & my 3 vehicles have no loans on them albeit my 'newest' car is a 2007. my life is quite comfy but that doesn't mean i don't have empathy for those less fortunate. that makes me a 'liberal' to you, right?
I would wager you don't own a home, can't get a credit card, drive somebody else's car, and don't give a shit about the truly needy while you swipe your EBT card.

Come on man...you know all LefTards are extremely high quality, wealthy positive contributors....they don't need your cash....they're just so fucking noble they'll fight to death to steal your money for "someone else".

There's the black voter who has been brainwashed into thinking Whitey is the source of all his problems. Democrats set him up for failure by convincing him the deck is stacked against him and the only way he will survive is for government to intervene at every turn. He doesn't realize he's still in chains to the same party that owned his ancestors, created the KKK, and passed the Jim Crow laws to keep him poor and uneducated.

No political party ever created the KKK. We've done this.

But since you mention it you know what the Klan did own?

The city council of Anaheim. As Republicans. Do what you want with that but it's your back yard.

And slavery goes back thousands of years, literally, while the Democratic Party goes back to 1834. Those who owned slaves would have been Federalists, Whigs, Know Nothings, Democratic-Republicans, and that group that outnumbers all of them --- no party at all. You didn't need a political party to own a slave.

And apparently you don't need to own a history book to post here.

Last edited:
What motivates me to vote Democratic?

My sacred oath to defend the US Constitution from all enemies, foreign and domestic.

Enemies of the Constitution hate me for that. I get it. I accept their hatred as a badge of honor.

What motivates me to vote Democratic?

My sacred oath to defend the US Constitution from all enemies, foreign and domestic.

Enemies of the Constitution hate me for that. I get it. I accept their hatred as a badge of honor.
You've been shitting on that oath for as long as you've been participating in this forum.

There's the black voter who has been brainwashed into thinking Whitey is the source of all his problems. Democrats set him up for failure by convincing him the deck is stacked against him and the only way he will survive is for government to intervene at every turn. He doesn't realize he's still in chains to the same party that owned his ancestors, created the KKK, and passed the Jim Crow laws to keep him poor and uneducated.

No political party ever created the KKK. We've done this.

But since you mention it you know what the Klan did own?

The city council of Anaheim. As Republicans. Do what you want with that but it's your back yard.

And slavery goes back thousands of years, literally, while the Democratic Party goes back to 1834. Those who owned slaves would have been Federalists, Whigs, Know Nothings, Democratic-Republicans, and that group that outnumbers all of them --- no party at all. You didn't need a political party to own a slave.

And apparently you don't need to own a history book to post here.
There were no Republicans until the Abolitionists rose up against slavery (that was practiced by DEMOCRATS). I know you want desperately to change history but you own that history of slavery, Jim Crow laws, the KKK, and now slavery through welfare. But keep trying to rewrite history, it's not going to work for you.

The racism of the right and their bigotry. Like most minorities I'm conservative but I cant let the GOP reign free, they are too radical.

Obama phones?
Actually the free cell phone program started in 2008 while Bush was president.

And there's no doubt that countless people voted for Obama because jerks like you have convinced them that Obama gave them a free cell phone.

Congratulations for getting Obama re-elected, asshole.

The GOP or so called cons...chose to be hostile to minorities, and that's what alienated most of minorities.
The racism of the right and their bigotry. Like most minorities I'm conservative but I cant let the GOP reign free, they are too radical.
Are you serious? Most minorities conservative??? LOL
Trust me I live in LA tons of minorities. They all share conservative values but do vote for the democrats because they feel their policies are pro minorities, immigration and so forth...tons that I know (Catholics, Muslims, jews) they simply vote anti GOP.

Forum List

Back