What Nationalities Can You Talk About in America?

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
Are there protected classes/nationalities? If so, why?

I mean, it Trump says something about the Germans/Germany, would he have gotten fired from NBC and get pulled from Macy's etc. as is happening now?

Would the German Americans go bonkers and protest?

You can talk about any nationality you want but that doesnt mean you will never have to experience what someone elses opinion is about it.

Hang around people who wont make a fuss or wait till you're alone if you want to be free from a reaction

I'm German American,
Irish American
Scots American.
and English American.

and none of us can stand him

It's not necessarily about Trump "per se" but it seems like there are protected classes that you "dare not" say anything about - I'm wondering why....

It's not necessarily about Trump "per se" but it seems like there are protected classes that you "dare not" say anything about - I'm wondering why....

As " John Doe " citizen make a comment not many will notice the Mexican, Polish, German, Russian, Chinese or other ethic comments but Trump is in the public eye, and knows better.

He can hold a racist and bigoted view all he want, but to utter what he utter was out of line in my opinion. Also the sad fact is those like Trump wouldn't know the difference between someone from Mexico, El Salvador or Colombia and only see the skin color and hear the Spanish accent and think all of them are from Mexico.

I am not saying Mexico does not have criminals but Trump need to realize there is a difference between Mexican, Tejano, Chicano, Salvadoreno and so on because I have seen more crime within the Salvadoreno community than the Mexican community and yes they live amongst each other most of the time and discriminate against each other.

So Trump need to educate himself before making his comments because he does come off as a ignorant ass and arrogant ass to me, and yes I am like the pot calling the kettle black...

I mean, it Trump says something about the Germans/Germany, would he have gotten fired from NBC and get pulled from Macy's etc. as is happening now?

You'll have to ask the PC Police, they're in charge of that stuff.

I keep asking for a website we can check every morning so that we can avoid "offending" anyone and having them try to destroy us, but no luck so far.

Watch what you say, and definitely watch to whom you say it, or else.

After all, this is America.

As " John Doe " citizen make a comment not many will notice the Mexican, Polish, German, Russian, Chinese or other ethic comments but Trump is in the public eye, and knows better.

He can hold a racist and bigoted view all he want, but to utter what he utter was out of line in my opinion. Also the sad fact is those like Trump wouldn't know the difference between someone from Mexico, El Salvador or Colombia and only see the skin color and hear the Spanish accent and think all of them are from Mexico.

I am not saying Mexico does not have criminals but Trump need to realize there is a difference between Mexican, Tejano, Chicano, Salvadoreno and so on because I have seen more crime within the Salvadoreno community than the Mexican community and yes they live amongst each other most of the time and discriminate against each other.

So Trump need to educate himself before making his comments because he does come off as a ignorant ass and arrogant ass to me, and yes I am like the pot calling the kettle black...[/QUOTE]

So Trump need to educate himself before making his comments because he does come off as a ignorant ass and arrogant ass to me, and yes I am like the pot calling the kettle black...
Guess you missed in Trump's speech, "It's coming from more than Mexico. It's coming from all over South and Latin America."

Say whatever the fuck you want, and have the balls to face your employer if you said it while representing their company.

Theres no laws against free speech, despite what the drama queens say.

Is people reacting to an opinion a new thing for you?
Nope!

Having those people choose to issue "consequences" is a relatively recent development, though.

I would never think to trying to harm you if you said something I didn't like.

It's a shame you wouldn't return the courtesy.

Nope!

Having those people choose to issue "consequences" is a relatively recent development, though.

There has always been consequences. The phrase "actions have consequences" has been around for a while. Ever heard of it?

If I called your mother the C word you mean you would pat me on the back? Of course you wouldnt, but in your mind you'd rationalize why reacting or harming someone is justified.

But when they talk about minorities you jump to the other side. Why? Because it doesnt offend you personally

Nope!

There has always been consequences. The phrase "actions have consequences" has been around for a while. Ever heard of it?

If I called your mother the C word you mean you would pat me on the back? Of course you wouldnt, but in your mind you'd rationalize why reacting or harming someone is justified.

But when they talk about minorities you jump to the other side. Why? Because it doesnt offend you personally
So in your mind, "harming" you is the same as not "patting you on the back". Wow.

And thank you for illustrating my point.

What does it feel like to be "offended", by the way?

What part do you really have any problem figuring out.

Here is what Trump said

"When Mexico sends its people," Trump said during his presidential announcement, "they're not sending the best...... They're rapists and some, I assume, are good people, but I speak to border guards and they're telling us what we're getting."

What nationality or ethnic group would not be offended if we switched out Mexico for say China- or Poland- or Cuba?

Nope!

So in your mind, "harming" you is the same as not "patting you on the back". Wow.

You're smarter than this. Or maybe not.

I'm sure you know, so someone calls your mother names and you (because you dont want to harm) will either smile, congratulate, be silent or let bygones be bygones?

Thats a lie, and thats why you skipped it. Of course your actions will be "justified" while you pretend everyone elses is not. Thats how excuses work

All nationalities, all races, all religions are protected classes. A protected class simply means that it is illegal to discriminate on the basis of that characteristic.

Nope!

I'm sure you know, so someone calls your mother names and you (because you dont want to harm) will either smile, congratulate, be silent or let bygones be bygones?

Thats a lie, and thats why you skipped it. Of course your actions will be "justified" while you pretend everyone elses is not. Thats how excuses work
What, precisely, would you have me do if someone called my mom a nasty name?

I had a conversation about this yesterday with my 17 year old daughter. When someone says something mean or nasty, I think more about the person who said it and their own issues than what they actually said.

My daughter understood. You don't. What a shock.

I keep asking for a website we can check every morning so that we can avoid "offending" anyone and having them try to destroy us, but no luck so far.

You would need a website to tell you that it would be offensive to falsely claim that all 11 million illegals are drug dealers and/or rapists?

You would need a website to tell you that it would be offensive to falsely claim that all 11 million illegals are drug dealers and/or rapists?
Oooh, nice straw man.

So that's the only word or phrase that "offends"?

Try again.

Nope!

What, precisely, would you have me do if someone called my mom a nasty name?

I had a conversation about this yesterday with my 17 year old daughter. When someone says something mean or nasty, I think more about the person who said it and their own issues than what they actually said.

My daughter understood. You don't. What a shock.

Would you continue to do business with; to pay money to someone who said nasty things to your 17 year old daughter?

Oooh, nice straw man.

So that's the only word or phrase that "offends"?

Try again.

That is what is being discussed; Trump being fired by NBC because they did not want to be associated with his racist and false views.

Forum List

Back