🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What one do you think could support human life?

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
kepler_hall_of_fame_jan2015_profile-full.jpg

My guess
442b is the most likely.
186f is the second most likely
62e is the third...
List of potentially habitable exoplanets - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

I can't wait until the jim web and other very large space and land based telescopes can tell us more about these planets.

Think of it...
-Unlimited resources
-possible other homes that allow us to spread out

My guess
442b is the most likely.
62e is the third...

I can't wait until the jim web and other very large space and land based telescopes can tell us more about these planets.

Think of it...
-Unlimited resources

Humans are going to have a hard time living on a planet that is much bigger than earth because the gravity would be much stronger. Just imagine trying lug your big ole body around if it weighed twice as much as it does now.

Perhaps we should learn how not to fuck up the planet we are on before going somewhere else and fucking that planet up too.
We won't be around long enough to fuck it up. Anything we do is temporary. Modern humans have only been around less than a quarter million years, while the planet itself has been around 4.5 billion years. We'll either evolve into a superior species, or we'll eventually die out. Either way the planet will go on and will continue to go through changes just as it always has.
This fear that humans will destroy or severely alter the planet is nothing but hysteria.
Get over yourselves people !

Perhaps we should learn how not to fuck up the planet we are on before going somewhere else and fucking that planet up too.

I think what you're saying is just using the resources to have a complex civilization = fucking up a planet.

So should we kill ourselves?
That would be a better alternative than killing every other life form on the planet instead.

We won't be around long enough to fuck it up. Anything we do is temporary. Modern humans have only been around less than a quarter million years, while the planet itself has been around 4.5 billion years. We'll either evolve into a superior species, or we'll eventually die out. Either way the planet will go on and will continue to go through changes just as it always has.
This fear that humans will destroy or severely alter the planet is nothing but hysteria.
Say that to all the species we have already wiped out. Of course the earth will recover but we shouldnt mess it up for other life forms.

Earth will screw itself over, but not in my life. Also a recurring theme in most major religions is the end of the world, or a rapture like event happening right here on Earth. That said, Mars is probably the best bet for colonization, as the other planets are out of our price range.

We should ask Avatar...he is gonna get his very own planet in the afterlife

I think what you're saying is just using the resources to have a complex civilization = fucking up a planet.

Actually yes. And hopefully if anyone lives on those planets they will be smart enough to blow our ships out of the sky when they show up. But to answer the question. No one can possibly know which one much less venture a guess.

I remember reading about colonization of other planets when I was a kid in the '50's. Thought the idea was neat. Now, with more knowledge, I don't think that is that possible. If there is life on the planet, if the planet is earthlike, then almost certainly life will be there, then some of the proteans that it will have evolved will be a lot differant than that we have evolved here. And the first person to breath the unsteralized and filtered air of that planet would most likely die of a massive allergy reaction.

That's basically the liberal position on humanity: it needs to be exterminated.

I remember reading about colonization of other planets when I was a kid in the '50's. Thought the idea was neat. Now, with more knowledge, I don't think that is that possible. If there is life on the planet, if the planet is earthlike, then almost certainly life will be there, then some of the proteans that it will have evolved will be a lot differant than that we have evolved here. And the first person to breath the unsteralized and filtered air of that planet would most likely die of a massive allergy reaction.
I think I saw that movie. Wasn't it "Conquest of the Mars Women"?

My guess
442b is the most likely.
62e is the third...

Think of it...
-Unlimited resources

Before you start salivating, you should consider the impossibility of overcoming the immense distances involved.

Say that to all the species we have already wiped out. Of course the earth will recover but we shouldnt mess it up for other life forms.

Life forms come and go, if we get to the point where we are out competing too many other life forms, nature will step in and place us all on a road of adjustment.
The odds are tremendous that life is flourishing throughout the cosmos, and our little planet here, and our "moment" on it, is nothing more than a grain of sand on a constellation sized beach.
I would highly recommend enjoying your absolutely pathetically short life, and leave the lifeforms for nature to decide which ones survive longer than others.

Forum List

Back