What Parents of Down Syndrome Kids Get About Sarah Palin That Others Don’t

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
Time really struggles not to show their biases against Mrs. Palin in this article. but all in all a good article. I hope some of you feel shame for the ugly you unleashed on Palin over that picture.

SNIP:
Jan. 8, 2015

Steve Friess is a freelance writer.
For parents of a child with Down syndrome, their children figuring out a solution to any problem is a tremendous triumph

My sister stood around the corner and deliberately out of sight, curious to see what her then-14-month-old son, Chaim, was up to. He sat on the kitchen floor, legs spread around the dog’s dish. With a devilish smile, Chaim looked around a couple of times before plunging his bare hands into the bowl and extending it as an offering to his closest friend, Sammy, the family’s poodle mix.
My sister, Sheryl, couldn’t have been more delighted. No, she wasn’t fond of Chaim boy-handling the Alpo. But the idea that Chaim knew he was doing something wrong and took precautions to avoid being caught showed logic and reasoning skills that she hadn’t before seen or anticipated. After all, before a baby with Down syndrome is born, doctors warn the expectant parents that a dire, sad, dependent life may lie ahead.
“I remember thinking, ‘Boy, there’s a lot more going on in his brain than I thought,’” says my sister, Sheryl Zellis. “When you see a child sneaking to do something, it kind of heartens you.”
down-syndrome-dog-swing-2.jpg

Steve Friess
This is the side of those controversial images—the ones that former GOP vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin posted of her son, Trig, standing on his dog—that my sister and other parents of children like Trig and Chaim say is overlooked. Even Palin, confronted :rolleyes-41:by Savannah Guthrie on Today this week, understood that standing on small animals is generally not a good habit. But for a woman hoping that her 6-year-old will exceed the low expectations placed on him by both doctors and the rest of society, the fact that Trig figured out a solution to any problem is a tremendous triumph.

ALL of it here:
Down Syndrome Parents Rally Behind Sarah Palin s Dog Photo

So posting about her children is suddenly okay with Stephanie who, like Palin, is using children to further her agenda.

Too bad $arah turned her back on them.

Remembering when $he spoke to the NRA for free but charged a couple hundred K$ to speak to a group of parents of Down children.

Funny that RWs would suddenly care about a Down child when they usually post against the welfare, safety and health of children. They're not fetuses, you know.

Lots and lots of hypocrisy from Stephanie and $arah.

Palin brought a child into the world with a terrible disease because of her religious fanaticism.

That's nothing to be impressed about.

man you are one miserable human being. that's all and nothing more

91% of women who get diagnosed with a Down Syndrome pregnancy choose to abort. Are they all miserable human beings?

Kill the kid, huh?

You've impressed me.

fetuses aren't kids.

Okay, let's look at what we are talking about here. Trig is 6 years old. He can't master skills that a 2 year old knows how to do. Has his mother really done him any favors ignoring the common sense advice to NOT still be having babies in your 40's?

Understand this about liberals. Disabled children have no accomplishments because to the liberal they should all be dead.

Understand this about liberals. Disabled children have no accomplishments because to the liberal they should all be dead.

I don't think stepping on a dog because you can't tell your mother you want to be picked up is an "accomplishment">

So posting about her children is suddenly okay with Stephanie who, like Palin, is using children to further her agenda.

Too bad $arah turned her back on them.

Remembering when $he spoke to the NRA for free but charged a couple hundred K$ to speak to a group of parents of Down children.

Funny that RWs would suddenly care about a Down child when they usually post against the welfare, safety and health of children. They're not fetuses, you know.

Lots and lots of hypocrisy from Stephanie and $arah.
coming from a guy who had no problem when his pal called the kid a drooler and said he and kids like him should be put out of their misery.....talk about hypocrisy ludd....you should be fucking ashamed of yourself for even suggesting that you give a dam about kids like this or saying Steph is a hypocrite.....she unlike you, said something about that asshole when he said it.....and yes you were in the thread and read what he said.....

Palin brought a child into the world with a terrible disease because of her religious fanaticism.

This is what progressives are really like. If it is different kill it. Selfish bastards

This is what progressives are really like. If it is different kill it. Selfish bastards

No, it's not being different. It's being so disabled you have no quality of life.

If you have a 7 year old that pretty much can't tell his mother he wants to be picked up, that's a pretty crappy quality of life.

And it was 100% avoidable.

No, it's not being different. It's being so disabled you have no quality of life.

If you have a 7 year old that pretty much can't tell his mother he wants to be picked up, that's a pretty crappy quality of life.

Just how disabled do you think Trig is?

It's fine to be excited that your DS child is "figuring" things out. And yes, it IS an accomplishment and something to be happy about. But "figuring things out" with an animal not meant to be used in such a way is my complaint. Like I said before..it is not Trig at fault here. It's his idiotic mother.

Just how disabled do you think Trig is?

Obviously, pretty disabled if he couldn't tell his mother to pick him up.

Not very disabled if he knew to step on the dog to get up higher. But mommy was busy taking pics instead of saying, "What a great kid you are Trig! But don't step on the dog, you might hurt his back".

Any dog will move if they are being hurt. the same if someone stepped on our foot.

But good postings Gracie and gracious.

Forum List

Back