What Parents of Down Syndrome Kids Get About Sarah Palin That Others Don’t

Some of you don't have a problem aborting a viable fetus so it's understandable you would feel nothing but disgust for a child with a disability.

Fetuses aren't children.

And while children with disabilities deserve our compassion, we also need to practice a little common sense to not bring them into the world to start with.

Which means you don't down a bottle of Jack Daniels every week when you're pregnant.

You don't keep having babies when you are 42.

And, yes, if your doctor tells you that, hey, this baby is going to have Tay-Sachs or Brittle Bone Syndrome or Down Syndrome or something that is going to make your life fairly miserable, then choosing to end the pregnancy isn't a bad thing to do.

And again, 91% of women who get this news abort. They are not bad people.
You are truly a sick, worthless, wanna-be-intellectual pretending to speak with authority.

It's fine to be excited that your DS child is "figuring" things out. And yes, it IS an accomplishment and something to be happy about. But "figuring things out" with an animal not meant to be used in such a way is my complaint. Like I said before..it is not Trig at fault here. It's his idiotic mother.

If Trig was hurting the dog, it would have immediately let out a yelp and got up. It is apparent that the dog didn't care and wasn't be hurt, why the hell should you care? Were you just as upset when Ellen Degeneres showed a picture of her kid standing on a dog? PETA named her 'Woman of the Year" after that.

When Ellen DeGeneres Posted a Kid Standing on a Dog There Was No Liberal Outrage Truth Revolt
I hate Palin. She is an idiot for letting her kid stand on the dog.
I love Ellen. She is an idiot for letting her kid stand on the dog.

The dogs didn't seem to mind, why the hell should you?

Palin brought a child into the world with a terrible disease because of her religious fanaticism.

That's nothing to be impressed about.

DS is not a disease

Right, that's why it's called DOWN SYNDROME, not DOWN BLESSED GIFT FROM GOD AND DON'T YOU DARE JUDGE ME!!!!

The proximate cause of this disease is religious fanaticism and not listening to common sense that you stop making babies when your biological clock runs down.
Hey these guys with Down Syndrome went on to have lucrative careers in Showbiz.

Chris Burke
chris%20burke.jpg

List of people with Down syndrome - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

It's fine to be excited that your DS child is "figuring" things out. And yes, it IS an accomplishment and something to be happy about. But "figuring things out" with an animal not meant to be used in such a way is my complaint. Like I said before..it is not Trig at fault here. It's his idiotic mother.

If Trig was hurting the dog, it would have immediately let out a yelp and got up. It is apparent that the dog didn't care and wasn't be hurt, why the hell should you care? Were you just as upset when Ellen Degeneres showed a picture of her kid standing on a dog? PETA named her 'Woman of the Year" after that.

When Ellen DeGeneres Posted a Kid Standing on a Dog There Was No Liberal Outrage Truth Revolt

The dogs didn't seem to mind, why the hell should you?
Because I do mind, that's why. Fuck off with yourself, asshole.

Time really struggles not to show their biases against Mrs. Palin in this article. but all in all a good article. I hope some of you feel shame for the ugly you unleashed on Palin over that picture.

SNIP:
Jan. 8, 2015

Steve Friess is a freelance writer.
For parents of a child with Down syndrome, their children figuring out a solution to any problem is a tremendous triumph

My sister stood around the corner and deliberately out of sight, curious to see what her then-14-month-old son, Chaim, was up to. He sat on the kitchen floor, legs spread around the dog’s dish. With a devilish smile, Chaim looked around a couple of times before plunging his bare hands into the bowl and extending it as an offering to his closest friend, Sammy, the family’s poodle mix.
My sister, Sheryl, couldn’t have been more delighted. No, she wasn’t fond of Chaim boy-handling the Alpo. But the idea that Chaim knew he was doing something wrong and took precautions to avoid being caught showed logic and reasoning skills that she hadn’t before seen or anticipated. After all, before a baby with Down syndrome is born, doctors warn the expectant parents that a dire, sad, dependent life may lie ahead.
“I remember thinking, ‘Boy, there’s a lot more going on in his brain than I thought,’” says my sister, Sheryl Zellis. “When you see a child sneaking to do something, it kind of heartens you.”
down-syndrome-dog-swing-2.jpg

Steve Friess
This is the side of those controversial images—the ones that former GOP vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin posted of her son, Trig, standing on his dog—that my sister and other parents of children like Trig and Chaim say is overlooked. Even Palin, confronted :rolleyes-41:by Savannah Guthrie on Today this week, understood that standing on small animals is generally not a good habit. But for a woman hoping that her 6-year-old will exceed the low expectations placed on him by both doctors and the rest of society, the fact that Trig figured out a solution to any problem is a tremendous triumph.

ALL of it here:
Down Syndrome Parents Rally Behind Sarah Palin s Dog Photo

What's going to happen when the 20 year old 300lb Trig Palin stands on his dog?

If could just keep those with Down's Syndrome and kill the liberals. People with Down's enjoy life, they laugh, they love. They feel joy and sorrow. Most of them function well enough to hold down a job.

Despite all this humanity, liberals still want to kill them.

If could just keep those with Down's Syndrome and kill the liberals. People with Down's enjoy life, they laugh, they love. They feel joy and sorrow. Most of them function well enough to hold down a job.

To be fair. we are only talking about Joey. and he's a special case all on his own.

Yes, you see, what I was saying about emotional responses to a technical problem?

Hey, what if we were talking about Fetal Alcohol Syndrome instead of Down Syndrome?

You know what, I don't see a lot of you Conservatives taking adult DS sufferers into your homes when they get too big for their elderly parents to handle.

Nope. YOu expect the government to take care of them. WHich is why you had these horrible group homes before legal abortion.

You're an imbecile. Such is the state of your intellectual deficiency, that you lack the minimal means to sustain yourself in a state of freedom.

By all rights you should be removed from any means to speak publicly, to interact with free people. You should be interned into an asylum and held there for the rest of your natural life.

Maybe you need to look at problems logically and not emotionally. Just saying.

I did look at the problem logically. The difference between the construct of my reasoning and the your 'logic' is that mine rests upon a sound foundation providing for valid conclusions.

You feel that because a child has an abnormality that he should have been stripped of his life.

The problem is that you're not sufficiently heeled intellectually, to understand that the value of human existence is no measured as you need to measure it.

And that's truly all there is to our little discussion. You're manifestly evil... and in my opinion an irredeemable waste of skin. The world would be better off replacing you with 5000 Trigs. Because Trig doesn't call for the murder of innocent people, neither does he pretend to be intelligent. He simply is what he is and he's happy about being such.

Simple stuff.

I love Palin and could not possibly care less about Ellen... but Idiots entertain the HELL out of me.

To be fair. we are only talking about Joey. and he's a special case all on his own.

Yes...Joey might be the darkest example of EVIL on this forum. I truly believe he is absolutely pure evil on the level of a Charles Manson, a Jeffery Dahmer, or an Adam Lanza.

Yes...Joey might be the darkest example of EVIL on this forum. I truly believe he is absolutely pure evil on the level of a Charles Manson, a Jeffery Dahmer, or an Adam Lanza.

Dah... What Leftist isn't? Give power to any 5 year old and you'll get evil every single time.

Last edited:
You know what, I don't see a lot of you Conservatives taking adult DS sufferers into your homes when they get too big for their elderly parents to handle.

Nope. YOu expect the government to take care of them. WHich is why you had these horrible group homes before legal abortion.

You have down's syndrome confused with the severely autistic who cannot care for themselves at all.

I had a young man with Down's Syndrome working for me. He did a good job at limited tasks. He was so proud of himself for doing things well. He would help anyone. One of the marks of down's syndrome is that the deficiencies in their brain makes them kindly and cheerful.

My worker lived in an independent living home. He needed guidance so he couldn't live alone. If left to his own devices he'd eat nothing but candy bars and shower once a month. He needed reminders. But to say he was too big for elderly parents to take care of makes no sense. Do you imagine they are bed ridden? They cannot feed themselves and wear diapers. That's not at all true.

You are an exhibition of ignorance so profound that a person who has down's is more intelligent than you are.

Palin brought a child into the world with a terrible disease because of her religious fanaticism.

That's nothing to be impressed about.

DS is not a disease

Right, that's why it's called DOWN SYNDROME, not DOWN BLESSED GIFT FROM GOD AND DON'T YOU DARE JUDGE ME!!!!

The proximate cause of this disease is religious fanaticism and not listening to common sense that you stop making babies when your biological clock runs down.
the great majority of DS kids are from mothers under 35 Joe....

No, they don't.

mwh496962.fig1.gif
these people disagree.....
FAQ and Facts about Down Syndrome - Global Down Syndrome Foundation

2. Down syndrome probability increases with advanced age in mothers. However, since younger women have more babies,80% of newborns with Down syndrome in the US are born to mothers under 35 years old.

and these people....
Down Syndrome Facts - National Down Syndrome Society
National Association for Down Syndrome
Down Syndrome Birth Defects NCBDDD CDC

these 4 sources all say the same thing Joe....80% under age 35.....

You're an imbecile. Such is the state of your intellectual deficiency, that you lack the minimal means to sustain yourself in a state of freedom.

By all rights you should be removed from any means to speak publicly, to interact with free people. You should be interned into an asylum and held there for the rest of your natural life.

Maybe you need to look at problems logically and not emotionally. Just saying.

At 6, Trig can't communicate with his mother a simple request. What's he going to be like when he's 21 and not cute anymore? When he's 40 and suffering from the following symptoms.

Those with Down syndrome nearly always have physical and intellectual disabilities.[13] As adults, their mental abilities are typically similar to those of an 8- or 9-year-old.[3] They also typically have poor immune function[14] and generally reach developmental milestones at a later age.[10] They have an increased risk of a number of other health problems, including congenital heart disease, leukemia, thyroid disorders, and mental illness, among others.[11]
you have info from 30 years ago Joe....things have improved in the Medical World.....read the links i supplied from people who actually know because they work with DS kids.....
  • People with Down syndrome have an increased risk for certain medical conditions such as congenital heart defects, respiratory and hearing problems, Alzheimer's disease, childhood leukemia, and thyroid conditions. Many of these conditions are now treatable, so most people with Down syndrome lead healthy lives.
  • Life expectancy for people with Down syndrome has increased dramatically in recent decades - from 25 in 1983 to 60 today....

Forum List

Back