What policies should be implemented to address racism in the country?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could put a 100% federal tax on every home purchase by a non-black and give the money to a black person I suppose. Beyond that IDK. I think King was right in tilting toward poverty over race right before he got whacked.
But that is racism itself. Doing for one race something you don't do for another based on skin color is, in fact, racist.

But that is racism itself. Doing for one race something you don't do for another based on skin color is, in fact, racist.
Is giving Americans preferential treatment over non Americans bigotry? Is not letting men compete in female sports sexism? This black and white thinking you have doesn't exist in the real world.

I would agree with you that White Americans are markedly standing in the way of racial progress and always have, but I'm not foolish enough to believe this issue is precluded to them. Demographics wise, Hispanics are going to be a huge percent, and they are as racist as whites(and may even start identifying as white). It's also possible that Asians could be a huge demographic in a few centuries, and we know how racist they are as a group. So you'll need to have some sort of black box that can keep the various contingencies in check.
I am part Asian/Afro-Caribbean living in South Florida in close proximity to all sorts of Hispanic populations and related to quite a few by marriage. From my view prejudice and racism is more common in the older generations, less so in the younger ones who like me, tend to be products of multi-racial unions. It's actually quite interesting and pretty damn funny. White racists in the efforts to segregate themselves from minorities ended up forcing minority populations together in denser urban environments and the result was that the last Census showed that the mixed race demographic was the fastest growing demographic in America and the white population for the first time actually shrunk as a share of the overall population. There's also been a large increase in mixed race births between minorities and whites. Overall this is unlikely to be a trend that can be stopped at this point. We are heading towards a racially ambiguous future.

The other fortune/unfortunate (depending on how you're looking at it) result of this segregation, not only of neighborhoods, but opportunity and wealth, is that these immigrants, unlike the immigrants in the early part of last century, who were largely welcomed despite enduring discrimination early on and were allowed to grow wealth and pass down inheritance and obtain home ownership, have none of the same reverence and love for America. They are more willing to look critically at America's past and move towards reparing the damage done because unlike immigrants from Europe they originate from countries that America is more likely to have exploited. Fleeing Europeans looked to America as refuge while migrating immigrants out of South America and the Caribbean are doing so out of necessity created by the excesses of American capitalism.

Last edited:

What policies should be implemented to address racism in the country?​

As usual, "policies" will only embed, engender and re-enforce precisely what is sought to avoid.
Education and literature are the only genuine, quality methods of eliciting the best from folks in matters of societal living.

What policies should be implemented to address racism in the country?​

The address begins with: “ThomasSowellsFro”

Is giving Americans preferential treatment over non Americans bigotry? Is not letting men compete in female sports sexism? This black and white thinking you have doesn't exist in the real world.
In America, Americans are not 2ndclass, that’s the American way.
Can’t handle it-Move.

So you are okay with treating people differently based on their skin color. Guess what that is called? RACISM! Until you view yourself honestly this stuff will not stop.

I am part Asian/Afro-Caribbean living in South Florida in close proximity to all sorts of Hispanic populations and related to quite a few by marriage. From my view prejudice and racism is more common in the older generations, less so in the younger ones who like me, tend to be products of multi-racial unions. It's actually quite interesting and pretty damn funny. White racists in the efforts to segregate themselves from minorities ended up forcing minority populations together in denser urban environments and the result was that the last Census showed that the mixed race demographic was the fastest growing demographic in America and the white population for the first time actually shrunk as a share of the overall population. There's also been a large increase in mixed race births between minorities and whites. Overall this is unlikely to be a trend that can be stopped at this point. We are heading towards a racially ambiguous future.

The other fortune/unfortunate (depending on how you're looking at it) result of this segregation, not only of neighborhoods, but opportunity and wealth, is that these immigrants, unlike the immigrants in the early part of last century, who were largely welcomed despite enduring discrimination early on and were allowed to grow wealth and pass down inheritance and obtain home ownership, have none of the same reverence and love for America. They are more willing to look critically at America's past and move towards reparing the damage done because unlike immigrants from Europe they originate from countries that America is more likely to have exploited. Fleeing Europeans looked to America as refuge while migrating immigrants out of South America and the Caribbean are doing so out of necessity created American capitalism.
You bang drum over past and offer zero for present

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back