What "rights" does nature give us?

Unjustly by an unjust government that does not mean he did not have the right just that it was forcibly denied him.

Inalienable rights exist but that does not mean they are inviolable by others.

The only true reason for government is to protect our ideal of inalienable rights.

It was the government that threw Mandela into jail.

So you are assuming that if a right can be violated that it does not exist.

And the actions of a corrupt government cannot be equated with the actions of all governments can it?

No.

I am saying rights are not natural or god given.

It's a pretty simple concept.

And when you folks yammer on about how bad our government is..and have to "right" to do so..

It should give you pause to think about exactly what you are railing against.

There is nothing ambivalent in the question

Nature is not "god", not founding fathers, not the Industrial Revolution, not Hitler, slavery, not any of the other long and winding roads the rw's have wandered down.

Its NATURE.

Whats so hard about that?

goalposts.jpg

You know exactly what this is about.. rights that government cannot take away without dissolving the government itself... but you want to play some little wording game... what next?? Creator does not imply god?? Or the term god does not mean God because of the lowercase letter??

Crawl back under your rock

And, here I thought it was about the OP

Nature is not god, God or gawd.

Why hide behind childish insults and name calling?
(That's rhetorical. I really don't mind if you make an assss of yourself.)

And the actions of a corrupt government cannot be equated with the actions of all governments can it?

No.

And when you folks yammer on about how bad our government is..and have to "right" to do so..

Yours is a tiny, tiny minority opinion. Freakish, actually.

Nearly 100% of Americans consider the Declaration of Independence to be a Founding document, and the laws of God and Nature's God referenced therein to be the basis of intrinsic rights enjoyed by all.

No.

Nearly 100% of Americans consider the Declaration of Independence to be a Founding document, and the laws of God and Nature's God referenced therein to be the basis of intrinsic rights enjoyed by all.

No they don't.

There aren't 100% of Americans that agree on anything.

To believe that is pretty foolish.

No.

I don't remember ever saying I have a right to do anything but your argument is obviously that there are no rights because they can be taken away at any time.

It comes down to philosophy at this point.

I for one choose to believe that people have inalienable rights and the only restriction on exercising those rights is whether or not by exercising them one violates another's rights.

For example, your right to swing you fist ends at my nose.

You seem to disagree.

It's quite entertaining to see conservatives who couldn't figure out by the first of November that Romney was losing the election now becoming experts on the meaning of life.

Very same folks, too.

:D

No, they are not the same folks.

Either way, the OP was deployed in an attempt to push beliefs. Sort of like the belief that life evolves randomly on earth. That's opinion. The same as it is to believe someones chosen god created life on earth.

Natural rights developed by the "progress" of man in his social environment is a concept designed to make every man a king instead of a subject to one. That men are equal. Even if man is hypocritical and does not always see every man as equal at the same time, and we have had to work on those social problems through history.

Abortion is a natural right, but a government not in compliance with the laws of nature might well deny that natural right.

Is the Declaration of Independence a Founding Document?

Natural rights, if they exist, would not have been invented by a small group of men in the 18th century.

Abortion is a natural right by the laws of nature that predate all modern fabrications of government.

It's quite entertaining to see conservatives who couldn't figure out by the first of November that Romney was losing the election now becoming experts on the meaning of life.

Very same folks, too.

Either way, the OP was deployed in an attempt to push beliefs. Sort of like the belief that life evolves randomly on earth. That's opinion. The same as it is to believe someones chosen god created life on earth.

Natural rights developed by the "progress" of man in his social environment is a concept designed to make every man a king instead of a subject to one. That men are equal. Even if man is hypocritical and does not always see every man as equal at the same time, and we have had to work on those social problems through history.

That's not opinion.

It's science.

Religion has a different perspective.

And the two don't agree.

Abortion is a natural right, but a government not in compliance with the laws of nature might well deny that natural right.

Natural rights, if they exist, would not have been invented by a small group of men in the 18th century.

Abortion is a natural right by the laws of nature that predate all modern fabrications of government.

That's good, because it wasn't a small group of men in the 18th century. It was a legion of men on different continents in the 17th and 18th century.

No.

No they don't.

There aren't 100% of Americans that agree on anything.

To believe that is pretty foolish.

You are a freak. Perhaps 1 in 500 share your view.

We will value your opinion thusly.

LOL

of course two lefties would embrace the idea of randomness......which seems rather hypocritical when you look at the amazing order of the universe that man is discovering.....but then they might have to look at what created such Order and that could lead to a belief in God.....:eek:

even Einstein came to believe in God....

human rights are based in natural rights (inalienable rights, God-given rights) which are based in the natural laws of the Universe...

Wow.

Nature is "random".
"God" is a human construct.

BTW, Darwin never uttered the words, "survival of the fittest", AND, the phrase itself is nonsense. Its a tautology and as such, means absolutely nothing. The phrase has no meaning.

in a way nature can be random within the Order of things....

for example most people are born with a brain.....then their is the random exception....like you....:lol:

another example regarding natural rights....in the Order of things nature gave most people vocal chords.....to speak....isn't that a natural right....to speak one's mind.....?

Very same folks, too.

That's not opinion.

It's science.

And the two don't agree.

Science has theories, sure. Science has not figured out whether this is fact. It is theory.

Rhetoric....unless you can back it up.

What law(s) of nature makes abortion a natural right?

Now dont go on about how you can kill a fetus naturally....I know one can do that...that would make it a natural action..........but what makes it a natural RIGHT?

No.

I don't remember ever saying I have a right to do anything but your argument is obviously that there are no rights because they can be taken away at any time.

It comes down to philosophy at this point.

I for one choose to believe that people have inalienable rights and the only restriction on exercising those rights is whether or not by exercising them one violates another's rights.

For example, your right to swing you fist ends at my nose.

You seem to disagree.

Rights are constructs of society and government.

So yeah..they can be taken away.

Were you to go on to a desert island with another fellow..and he hits you in the face...your recourse would be to hit back or run.

That's not true in a society.

Very same folks, too.

That's not opinion.

It's science.

And the two don't agree.

Much of science is opinion...theory if I may.

As it pertains to the creation of the universe, all idewas are theory.

The Big Bang THEORY.

And besides.....ok....the Big Bang was the creation of the universe...ok...and what was it before the big bang? WHere did the big bang take place? What created the place that the big bang took place in?

Theory.

some mindless neanderthal believes that natural rights are related to nature and the animal kingdom. what can you expect from an unevolved ape

Nobody said anything about 'here'.
Regardless, my freedom of speech doesn't hinge upon the assent of dour, petty little looters like you...It is mine as a product of my independent mind.

Then you shouldn't hesitate to refuse to pay your taxes.
Ah, the bravado of the self-righteous bully.

That my rights have been infringed upon by thugs does not mean that they don't exist....Besides that, I'm perfectly free to lawfully avoid being taxed by not participating in the activity being taxed.

Forum List

Back