What "rights" does nature give us?

It's your folks that keep bringing it up.

Yes, we keep bringing it up because people like you want to keep trying to tear down our founding principles.

400 years later, and you guys still want to get people to give up their individualism, inalienable rights and liberties, to join your cult of "The Hive Mind".
You really need to tweak your argument if you want people to be swayed. This "your rights don't exist" ploy is a loser.

Some founding principles need and needed to be torn down.

We no longer subject people to slavery.
Women can vote.
White Christian Landed Gentry are no longer the only folks that can participate in government.

None of those things came to be based on the removal of natural rights. Instead, they came off (forcefully, as per usual) of removing social stigmas. These issues you have are with mans hypocritical ways, not the inalienable, natural rights we are ALL born with.

And your christian comment is simply just false. Like, really, really false.

You are confusing the argument.

It's not that I don't think rights exist.

It's that I do not think they are natural or innate.

So let's hear your concept of rights then. If they're not natural then where do they originate from, who controls them? If it's survival of the fittest or the more mighty, we just go back to existing exactly like human kind did for thousands of years prior to the constitution. All of your little minority groups wouldn't stand a chance, you wouldn't have a leg to stand on. The irony is that you attack exactly that which upholds the very things you hold dear, and you don't even realize or understand that.

You're wrong about that.

I do fine in this society..and would do just fine in a society where strength and brawn rule the roost.

In any case, rights are defined by societies..which are human constructs..not natural ones or ones that are defined by supernatural beings.

Actually, according to you posts, you do not do fine in this society.

I recall you telling us in a post how your bar failed and you blamed it on outside forces....no fault of your own.

Yet other bars last for decades...even single bars owned by single people for those decades.

So no, you do not do fine in this society. So as opposed to adapting, you prefer to change it.

You need to come to terms with the motivating factors of your political positions.

To deny them does you no good.

Why would you have a problem with slavery when you don't believe rights actually exist?

Horseshit.

You claim that rights are pretended, and as such the rest is entirely arbitrary.

Would not a majority vote that all Chinese women become sex slaves to the rest of us make it a right? Afterall, you think rights are just a fairy tale construct of man.

Check your history.

In almost all societies, women are pretty much property.

Until very recently.

With all this talk about "natural" rights..I was wondering. What are they?

:eusa_eh:

None, if forces of nature are at play. If anything, we are merely prisoners in the life cycle that evolved on this planet, randomly.

But as humans formed social networks, rules developed in hopes of keeping order, while not pissing off individuals to an extent that they'd revolt or leave the group.

Thus all rights are the creation of humans, exclusively.

Horseshit.

You claim that rights are pretended, and as such the rest is entirely arbitrary.

Would not a majority vote that all Chinese women become sex slaves to the rest of us make it a right? Afterall, you think rights are just a fairy tale construct of man.

Check your history.

Until very recently.

Why did you ignore the question?

So let's hear your concept of rights then. If they're not natural then where do they originate from, who controls them? If it's survival of the fittest or the more mighty, we just go back to existing exactly like human kind did for thousands of years prior to the constitution. All of your little minority groups wouldn't stand a chance, you wouldn't have a leg to stand on. The irony is that you attack exactly that which upholds the very things you hold dear, and you don't even realize or understand that.

You're wrong about that.

I do fine in this society..and would do just fine in a society where strength and brawn rule the roost.

In any case, rights are defined by societies..which are human constructs..not natural ones or ones that are defined by supernatural beings.

I recall you telling us in a post how your bar failed and you blamed it on outside forces....no fault of your own.

Yet other bars last for decades...even single bars owned by single people for those decades.

So no, you do not do fine in this society. So as opposed to adapting, you prefer to change it.

You need to come to terms with the motivating factors of your political positions.

50% of new businesses close.

Check it out.

And I am doing fine.

Got a new car, new job, I own a manhattan coop which I rent and I rent a huge apartment in Brooklyn.

You're wrong about that.

I think you hit a root nerve here. These types live in a state of being petrified of the world. And seek to make it, however proposterous the idea, a safe, equal and perfect place (at least in their personal view).

Horseshit.

Check your history.

Until very recently.

Why did you ignore the question?

Because it's silly.

Women, were at one point, basically property.

So what you postulate, has already happened.

Same with Blacks.

History has already answered your questions.

You're wrong about that.

So, whoever has the ability to seize and maintain power defines everyone's rights?

Bingo.

You're wrong about that.

So, whoever has the ability to seize and maintain power defines everyone's rights?

Bingo.

(watch this)

Is the Declaration of Independence a Founding Document?

You're wrong about that.

I think you hit a root nerve here. These types live in a state of being petrified of the world. And seek to make it, however proposterous the idea, a safe, equal and perfect place (at least in their personal view).

Not "petrified" at all.

Quite the contrary.

It's a simple question.

Which, by the way, you couldn't answer.

simple answer......the rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness....

None of those rights exist in nature.

You live by cunning, speed, strength and agility.

Eat or be eaten.

Only if you compare humans to all other animals on the basest level.

Sooner or later you're going to have to agree that human beings are quite different from all other animals.

I prefer the term inalienable rights over natural rights.

You're wrong about that.

Bingo.

You guys are such loyal subjects. What time is your boot licking shift?
I got tied to the back of a cart again and was whipped out of town for speaking openly about freedom of conscience again.

:badgrin:

With all this talk about "natural" rights..I was wondering. What are they?

:eusa_eh:

None, if forces of nature are at play. If anything, we are merely prisoners in the life cycle that evolved on this planet, randomly.

But as humans formed social networks, rules developed in hopes of keeping order, while not pissing off individuals to an extent that they'd revolt or leave the group.

Thus all rights are the creation of humans, exclusively.

:clap2:

Forum List

Back