What school subjects did you really HATE?

I HATED ....

• English

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • other languages

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • lessons in my mother language

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Math

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Arts

• Science

• History

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • others

• none

• P.E.

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Music

• Geography

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Physics

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Chemistry

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Religion

• Total voters
I was one of those that was forced to be right-handed. And the article is correct I do suffer from those conditions mentioned. I don't blame my parents or teachers it was the thinking at that time that being lefty w

Bias against left-handed people - Wikipedia

en.wikipedia.org
en.wikipedia.org
Same I used to write with both hands and they forced me to pick one and I chose my left.

It wasn't any particular subject I hated in school in the '70's.
It was the monotonous, repetitive, soul killing sheer boredom.
I was a clock watcher and spent most of my time looking out the window and anticipating the end of the day.
Got through it and graduated on time with average grades, but definitely could have done better if the process was better at engaging young restless boys.

Lol.
I remember my first computer class.
It was a teletype that connected by land line to the University of Minnesota mainframe and took five minutes to run a simple addition program. You feed in your program with punchcards.

Thought it was the coolest thing evah!
:laugh:

I was better at sports than academics as a kid. I had dyslexia and wrote all my numbers and letters backward. My Teacher was really mean to me about it and also about writing with both hands. lol

Yes, I use both hands for everything except writing. I only write with my left hand.
If you can write with your right hand, in my opinion, you should've picked that hand for your writing. The thing that I hate about being left-handed is all of the times that my hand got ink and pencil led all over it.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

If you can write with your right hand, in my opinion, you should've picked that hand for your writing. The thing that I hate about being left-handed is all of the times that my hand got ink and pencil led all over it.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Well, my sister was left-handed I just thought it would be neat for us to both be left-handed. :dunno:

God bless you always!!!

Holly
I remember some kid making fun of me for picking my left hand too. They sat next to me so they witnessed the Teacher being angry with me using both hands. Later when I made my choice the kid was disgusted with me and said, " Now you have to use special scissors" LOL :lol: That's hilarious how upsetting people got over it.

I actually learned more about English by taking foreign languages, than I did in English classes.

I can believe that. Just as many math teachers only teach the bolt and nut mechanics of math without gioving the meaning of numbers, most english teachers only focus on the rules rather than the reasons, causes and origins. One workaround I've learned when dealing with words as I have as a published author is to look up the origins of the root of the words. Usually in a good text at the very beginning, they will break the word down into its root entomological parts then give examples of earlier uses and the nature of the origin of the word. It turns out that many of the words we commonly use today are bastardizations of old Spanish, english, french, German, Greek or Latin words--- even Sumerian.

For instance, the common word "star," like a star in the sky, a point of light, a Hollywood star, etc., ultimately derives from the Proto-Indo-European root "h₂stḗr" also meaning star, but is further analyzable as h₂eh₁s- ("to burn", also the source of the word "ash") + -tēr (agentive suffix). Compare with Latin stella, Greek aster, and German stern. Some scholars believe the word is a borrowing from Akkadian "istar" (venus), however some doubt that suggestion. The word Star is cognate (shares the same root) with the following words: asterisk, asteroid, astral, and constellation.

Gives one a great more interest, depth and valuation to language.

I remember some kid making fun of me for picking my left hand too. They sat next to me so they witnessed the Teacher being angry with me using both hands. Later when I made my choice the kid was disgusted with me and said, " Now you have to use special scissors" LOL :lol: That's hilarious how upsetting people got over it.
That is one thing that I never had any issue with. I had no problem using right-handed scissors with my left hand. I still use them with my left hand to this day. :) :) :)

God bless you always!!!

Holly

That is one thing that I never had any issue with. I had no problem using right-handed scissors with my left hand. I still use them with my left hand to this day. :) :) :)

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Same here I never had a problem with it. But the kid who sat next to me thought I would and was invested in being mad about it. lol

Some of you folks are dating yourselves......

yet this serves a purpose , for those millennials that can grasp it

~S~

I hated French Class.

I liked Spanish, though.

To this day I can't stand to listen to the French language. Also Canadians...

Forum List

Back