What SCOTUS has Done That Does the Ds the most Damage?

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
The PSU decision, the gerrymandering decision or Kennedy retiring? Admittedly they are all going to hurt the Ds bigly and there are at least four synergies with three big body blows but this struck me as a relatively clean and fun thread to start. Kumite

One takes a large chunk of their funding, two prevents advantageous voting districts and three takes the SCOTUS out of their grasp for at least a generation.

I'll take door #3.

One takes a large chunk of their funding, two prevents advantageous voting districts and three takes the SCOTUS out of their grasp for at least a generation.

I'll take door #3.
A well reasoned argument but with the settled law doctrine the Ds will need a solid base to make a comeback after the tax cuts. They no longer have such a base. NLY was recommended to me on this board but most of its lending and equity investment is in NY and greater NY's real estate market is in slow motion collapse. Otherwise it is a great issue. The left coast has become a literal open sewer. The industrial mid-west is regaining some of its lost industrial base with more to come but without working class voters the Ds don't have a base there either.

Forum List

Back