What Should Children Be Told About Marriage Equality?

Divorce is culturally acceptable now, far more than in the past.

No one should be forced to remain in a bad marriage.

No one can be forced to accept gay marriage if their beliefs so prohibit. Only laws can be changed by votes, and signing.

No one can be forced to accept gay marriage if their beliefs so prohibit. Only laws can be changed by votes, and signing.

I am not really worried about whether people accept gay marriage or not. I am concerned that our gov't discriminates against gays where marriage benefits are concerned.

Give gays the same benefits that straights get when they marry. After that, I am not worried whether people accept them or not.

You'll never have true "Marriage-Equality" until anyone can marry anyone or anything they want.

This same-sex marriage is just a sham. The people who support it aren't trying to make everyone equal. Only the the folks that support them. It doesn't address the people that believe in plural marriage, marriage between relatives, marriage between a man and children, marriage between a man and his 57' Chevy or his Zero-Turn Radius Lawnmower.

Last edited:
You'll never have true "Marriage-Equality" until anyone can marry anyone or anything they want.

This same-sex marriage is just a sham. The people who support it aren't trying to make everyone equal. Only the the folks that support them. It doesn't address the people that believe in plural marriage, marriage between relatives, marriage between a man and children, marriage between a man and his 57' Chevy or his Zero-Turn Radius Lawnmower.

The supporters of marriage equality are in favor of marriage between consenting adults. Those who claim it will lead to people marrying their dog or their car are always conveniently ignoring that fact.

Plural marriages are no biggie, imo. But unless you allow children to make legal consent, or figure out how to gain consent from a '57 Chevy or a lawnmower, your claims are nonsense.

Mass Murder is equivalent to marriage equality?

The programming of the far right social con's agenda to devalue humanity is failing apart.

The haters are frothing.
People who hold (rightfully) that homosexuality is perverse, unclean, unnatural and sinful are not haters.

And they are not frothing.

All delusional pontifications to the contrary notwithstanding.

Last edited:
You tell children that families have mommies and daddies. Even if mommy and daddy are not together they both love their children very much. Some men and women are deranged. They have two women or two men pretending to be the same as real families. These people are just pretending. They cannot be trusted. Never let yourself be alone with them. Run away.

Ha ha this is actually charming and cute in its simplicity, because I can forgive the issues.
However for people who are still deeply hurt and have not forgiven rejection,
this can be painful and i am sorry for laughing if others are not laughing with me.

[MENTION=33658]Katzndogz[/MENTION] what I tell people is that
spiritually people are born with soulmates
whom we may be connected to in this lifetime or beyond lifetimes.

If we make peace with all people in our lives,
then the ones who stand out above all the rest as our special primary soulmates
we will know, and that's what husband-wife relations and marriages are based on.

Some people may be born as male personalities in female bodies
or female in male bodies, or incarnated as soulmates but as the same gender,
or separated by age. So we cannot judge by appearances, but understand
each person or couple must work through their own karma and experiences in life.

If we judge or if we act unfaithful to our spiritual relationships with each other,
the unforgiven conflicts cause problems in this lifetime or the next. but if we forgive and resolve conflicts, then everything works out. If we don't forgive, the same problems from one generation can repeat in another, and that is why some people suffer in relationships until all these things are forgiven and quit repeating. We are supposed to learn to love and forgive unconditionally so that we restore good faith relations and peace in the world.

Winterborn said:
The supporters of marriage equality are in favor of marriage between consenting adults. Those who claim it will lead to people marrying their dog or their car are always conveniently ignoring that fact.

Plural marriages are no biggie, imo. But unless you allow children to make legal consent, or figure out how to gain consent from a '57 Chevy or a lawnmower, your claims are nonsense.
[MENTION=33912]WinterBorn[/MENTION]
What about two brothers who want to get married?

Last edited:

What if aliens landed because...

Mars%2BNeeds%2BWomen.jpg

Winterborn said:

The main problem with sibling marriages is the drastic increase in the chances for birth defects. But as the anti-gay crowd is so fond of pointing out, gays can't have kids. I would think two brothers marrying would be gross, but really none of my business. Consenting adults.

The main problem with sibling marriages is the drastic increase in the chances for birth defects. But as the anti-gay crowd is so fond of pointing out, gays can't have kids. I would think two brothers marrying would be gross, but really none of my business. Consenting adults.

Do you believe that children and their civil rights should be a part of the retooling-marriage discussion?

If not, why not?

Do you believe that children and their civil rights should be a part of the retooling-marriage discussion?

If not, why not?

I believe the rights of children should always be in the forefront of discussions involving relationships that include children.

I believe the rights of children should always be in the forefront of discussions involving relationships that include children.

Good, then visit this thread, read the OP, view the pictures in it and vote: http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...-forced-to-adopt-orphans-to-these-people.html

Then come back here and tell us how you voted and why?

I would leave it as an option but not forced.
It is up to the discretion of the people involved.

If people want an agency that takes in kids and adopts them out to gay couples,
and others do not, then set up and run separate agencies. There is plenty of need
so why not have more organizations in place to handle the demand?

The state level can just be in charge of the process AFTER the decision is made
by the families, through whichever agency to match a child to a parent or couple.

I prefer for birth parents to have a say in deciding which family to adopt their child to.
as with divorce it is in the best interests of the child to have consensus and not conflict.

whatever it takes to make a smooth transition and maintain supportive relations for each child, that is what matters. if people have issues, resolve them and don't project them onto the children. set up separate systems if you can't agree, and match people/children to the families of their choice, and let other people with other values do the same. Respect each other and that is the best environment and support for children to have.

Winterborn said:

Thanks for being consistent.
Most ppl aren't but contradict themselves (defending their views at the expense of others)
and that is why they miff each other off pushing a selective agenda that
justifies some things while totally negating others.

If the laws can be written neutrally, where everyone agrees they can get the marriages they want under them and not impose anything by law that goes too far,
then it could all be resolved between consenting adults.

Conflicts over the law are caused by unfair biases that push one side at the exclusion of the other.

Not everyone is as neutral as you are, so the wording of the laws aren't coming out neutral either.

Last edited:

Good, then visit this thread, read the OP, view the pictures in it and vote: http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...-forced-to-adopt-orphans-to-these-people.html

Then come back here and tell us how you voted and why?

I am sure you could find pictures of people at Mardi Gras behaving in a similar manner.

Exactly what is it about the guy in the first picture that you think should revoke his ability to ever adopt children? And is risque behavior the sole criteria?

Also, if members of a straight couple do the same thing, will they be forbidden adoptions? Will straight men who attend strip clubs and fund such debauchery be allowed to adopt?

Liberals are so negative. Always assuming the worst.

I beg to differ. In this thread it seems as tough those with the more liberal views are the more optimistic. It is those who oppose then that insist the worst will happen and are so negative about homosexuals.

Forum List

Back