What the left doesn't get about conservatives.......from someone who used to be a left wing nut...

Its easy to be conservative. No thinking allowed or needed. You just become a drone and parrot of Rush and Drumpf. In order to be liberal you actually have to put forth effort to think and utilize the full gamut of intelligence bestowed on the human race. I'm not surprised some people give up and fall into stupidity as a conservative. Its like falling asleep and everyone enjoys a good sleep.

So all your intelligence results in tent cities all across the West Coast? I hardly call it being asleep to disavow a philosophy that has never worked in the history of mankind. People can succeed if they are allowed. Crushing the middle class will not lift a single person out of poverty. Your utopia is not based in reality. If you gutted the military and took every last dollar of the 'rich' people, you still do not come close to funding your vision. Eventually, people will have to care for themselves, which is just natural. The government should step aside and quit making it more difficult for people to care for themselves.
" So all your intelligence results in tent cities all across the West Coast? "

Not sure whats wrong with tent cities? They are transitional housing.

" I hardly call it being asleep to disavow a philosophy that has never worked in the history of mankind. "

Its called being conservative. They are unable to adapt to change and too timid to try because someone told them it would never work. Some call those type of people losers. My parents always told me that people that say something is impossible are just projecting their fears of failure.

"People can succeed if they are allowed."

True. The problem is that racism reduces those numbers drastically for the race the system is set up to put obstacles in front of. The idea that people are supposed to pull themselves up by their boot straps when they dont even have boots or they just have one boot is ridiculous and a thinly veiled lie.

"If you gutted the military and took every last dollar of the 'rich' people, you still do not come close to funding your vision. "

Not sure what you think my vision is but yeah this would do very nicely towards funding my vision.

In my brief conversations with you, you have supported tent cities, women with 6 kids by 5 dads, government sponserd theft, and using racism as an excuse why a whole group of people can't succeed. I'm not sure who told you those were productive ideas, but I don't think they will serve you well.
The conservative never gets the plight of the American Black born out of slavery. He’s had 100s of years of lost wealth and family break up by slave owners, that it has long been a cultural way of life. Everytime you whine about the black man with 6 kids by 4 wives remember this. It’s the result of slave owner mentality to keep the workers plentiful while breaking up families and moving and selling them around. You slave owners made much of their culture.

Then why is it that when American blacks were only one generation out of slavery, the Census showed that black couples married at a slightly higher rate than white couples did? How do you explain the following statistics:

• In the 1890s, there were four public high schools in Washington D.C.; one black, the M Street School/Dunbar High School, and three white. In 1899, Dunbar averaged higher standardized test scores than students in two of the three white schools. From 1870 to 1955 Dunbar repeatedly equaled or exceeding performance on national standardized tests.

• As late as 1910 more than two-thirds of the black population of Chicago lived in neighborhoods where most residents were white.

• In 1950, 72 percent of all black men and 81 percent of black women had been married.

• Every census from 1890 to 1950 showed that black labor force participation rates were higher than those of whites.

• Prior to the 1960’s the unemployment rate for black 16 and 17-year olds was under 10 percent.

• Before 1960, the number of teenage pregnancies had been decreasing; both poverty and dependency were declining, and black income was rising in both absolute and relative terms to white income.

• In 1965, 76.4 percent of black children were born to married women.
- credit to Dr. Thomas Sowell and AmericanThinker.com

All you've really managed to tell us is that YOU are a racist who thinks all black people are ignorant, helpless inferiors, but you think it's okay because you're a benevolent bigot who has made up a nice, simplistic story to excuse the faults you think they have.

It's pretty ironic, though, you lecturing us about not understanding "the black experience" when YOUR understanding of it is apparently based on watching "Roots" a dozen times.

Its easy to be conservative. No thinking allowed or needed. You just become a drone and parrot of Rush and Drumpf. In order to be liberal you actually have to put forth effort to think and utilize the full gamut of intelligence bestowed on the human race. I'm not surprised some people give up and fall into stupidity as a conservative. Its like falling asleep and everyone enjoys a good sleep.

So all your intelligence results in tent cities all across the West Coast? I hardly call it being asleep to disavow a philosophy that has never worked in the history of mankind. People can succeed if they are allowed. Crushing the middle class will not lift a single person out of poverty. Your utopia is not based in reality. If you gutted the military and took every last dollar of the 'rich' people, you still do not come close to funding your vision. Eventually, people will have to care for themselves, which is just natural. The government should step aside and quit making it more difficult for people to care for themselves.

" I hardly call it being asleep to disavow a philosophy that has never worked in the history of mankind. "

Its called being conservative. They are unable to adapt to change and too timid to try because someone told them it would never work. Some call those type of people losers. My parents always told me that people that say something is impossible are just projecting their fears of failure.

True. The problem is that racism reduces those numbers drastically for the race the system is set up to put obstacles in front of. The idea that people are supposed to pull themselves up by their boot straps when they dont even have boots or they just have one boot is ridiculous and a thinly veiled lie.

"If you gutted the military and took every last dollar of the 'rich' people, you still do not come close to funding your vision. "

Not sure what you think my vision is but yeah this would do very nicely towards funding my vision.

In my brief conversations with you, you have supported tent cities, women with 6 kids by 5 dads, government sponserd theft, and using racism as an excuse why a whole group of people can't succeed. I'm not sure who told you those were productive ideas, but I don't think they will serve you well.
The conservative never gets the plight of the American Black born out of slavery. He’s had 100s of years of lost wealth and family break up by slave owners, that it has long been a cultural way of life. Everytime you whine about the black man with 6 kids by 4 wives remember this. It’s the result of slave owner mentality to keep the workers plentiful while breaking up families and moving and selling them around. You slave owners made much of their culture.

The conservative never gets the plight of the American Black born out of slavery. He’s had 100s of years of lost wealth

Wow! Those are some long living blacks I'm supposed to feel sorry for, eh?
I think you misunderstood what "born out" of means. In the context it was used it didnt mean literal birth.

I think you misunderstood what "born out" of means.

I'm not mocking "born out", I'm mocking "100s of years of lost wealth".

Personally, I'm mocking his entire pompous leftist post. "The plight of the American black", my chubby ass.

The conservative never gets the plight of the American Black born out of slavery. He’s had 100s of years of lost wealth

I think you misunderstood what "born out" of means. In the context it was used it didnt mean literal birth.

You dont consider 200-400 years as more than 100 years? Youre not making any sense.

Have you lost "100s of years of wealth"? Please expound.

I'd like him to explain why it is, if he's convinced black Americans today can't possibly get ahead financially because of "100s of years of lost wealth because of slavery", that just under half of black people in America are actually middle class. There are even wealthy and successful black people who, presumably, also descended from former slaves, and I don't just mean athletes and celebrities, either.

Wrong....up to the 1960s the Black family was intact and was actually becoming more and more wealthy.... actual facts show they were prospering......and then Lyndon Johnson, the racist from the democrat party pushed the "Great Society." The Great society programs destroyed the Black family and now 75% of Black children are raised in homes without fathers.......

There were more intact Black families under slavery than there are now...so you just don't know what you are talking about......ask Walter Williams, the economist or Thomas Sowell.....they both explain how you don't know the issue........

I think he should go tell those two gentlemen that they can't possibly get ahead in life because "slave owner mentality" and "lost wealth from slavery" prevents them from doing so. He seems like he's long overdue for someone to laugh in his face and tell him he's a lazy, ignorant putz.

Leftists only know what they're told know about conservatives and their feelings take over from there. If they only realized the dems and the media tell them this nonsense just for votes this country could begin to heal its divide.

donald trump "the only good democrat is a dead democrat"
rush limbaugh "leave only some liberals left alive"
ann coulter "we shoot shoot a few liberals so the rest will know it can happen to them"
newt gingrich "we must change the laws of the land to reflect our religious beliefs and see to it that they can never be changed again"

I've been threatened with lynching and a shot in the head simply because I disagree with your opinions and beliefs.....

right wing conservatives are ignorant, hate filled, deranged, vile, loathsome, human scum....

I did NOT learn that from "my leaders
I did NOT learn that from MSM

I learned that from reading the statements and opinions of conservatives.....

and the person who threatened to lynch me and put a bullet in my head thinks this is funny!

correction: the RIGHT WING CONSERVATIVE CHRISTIAN TRUMP SUPPORTER thinks this is funny.

proving what pieces of shit they are

And the person who makes excuses for leftists ACTUALLY HURTING PEOPLE AND DESTROYING PROPERTY is still pissing and whining about how bad his political enemies are for saying things he doesn't like.

Proving that you're a HYPOCRITICAL piece of shit, which is why the lack of your approval matters to no one whatsoever.

You dont consider 200-400 years as more than 100 years? Youre not making any sense.

Have you lost "100s of years of wealth"? Please expound.

I'd like him to explain why it is, if he's convinced black Americans today can't possibly get ahead financially because of "100s of years of lost wealth because of slavery", that just under half of black people in America are actually middle class. There are even wealthy and successful black people who, presumably, also descended from former slaves, and I don't just mean athletes and celebrities, either.
Its not that they cant get ahead. Its that they cant get that headstart that whites were gifted. Getting that inheritance that was owed our ancestors puts on on a level playing field all other things being equal like zero racism.

Then why is it that when American blacks were only one generation out of slavery, the Census showed that black couples married at a slightly higher rate than white couples did? How do you explain the following statistics:

• In the 1890s, there were four public high schools in Washington D.C.; one black, the M Street School/Dunbar High School, and three white. In 1899, Dunbar averaged higher standardized test scores than students in two of the three white schools. From 1870 to 1955 Dunbar repeatedly equaled or exceeding performance on national standardized tests.

• As late as 1910 more than two-thirds of the black population of Chicago lived in neighborhoods where most residents were white.

• In 1950, 72 percent of all black men and 81 percent of black women had been married.

• Every census from 1890 to 1950 showed that black labor force participation rates were higher than those of whites.

• Prior to the 1960’s the unemployment rate for black 16 and 17-year olds was under 10 percent.

• Before 1960, the number of teenage pregnancies had been decreasing; both poverty and dependency were declining, and black income was rising in both absolute and relative terms to white income.

• In 1965, 76.4 percent of black children were born to married women.
- credit to Dr. Thomas Sowell and AmericanThinker.com

All you've really managed to tell us is that YOU are a racist who thinks all black people are ignorant, helpless inferiors, but you think it's okay because you're a benevolent bigot who has made up a nice, simplistic story to excuse the faults you think they have.

It's pretty ironic, though, you lecturing us about not understanding "the black experience" when YOUR understanding of it is apparently based on watching "Roots" a dozen times.

So what changed the equation?

By the 1960s, American society was riddled with generations of “white guilt.” In reaction and repentance sparked by Dr. King’s nonviolent civil disobedience and the systemic introspection of social norms by whites, Americans overcompensated with sweeping entitlement programs under President Johnson’s “War on Poverty,” and by turning a blind eye to accountability on longstanding values and principled behavior within the African American community. While affirmative action and desegregation jump-started social change, the unintended consequences of shifting the cultural incentives upside down were ignored.

This caused what Democrat Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan called “defining deviancy downward.” And with Civil Rights Act of 1964 giving legal credence to making any sort of behavioral judgment toxic, the cultural glue that held together the African-American family was fundamentally changed.

This destabilization has created turbulent neighborhoods that have devastating costs to children ranging from poverty, educational deficiencies, violence, crime, drugs, and a culture of victimization and entitlement.

Basic developmental psychology tells us that boys and girls growing up without fathers and stable homes are overwhelmingly more likely to lack self-discipline and personal responsibility than children growing up with married parents. The economic, emotional, and spiritual guidance that two parent families provide are the cornerstones of effective family institutions. Without that stability, institutional collapse is eminent.

The statistics since 1960 support this analysis.

• Between 1960 and 1964, blacks were rising into professional and other high-level positions at a rate greater than the five years following passage of the Civil Rights Act.

• The 1960 census showed the first signs of a decline in black marriages, with acceleration in later years.

• Since the 1960s the black labor force participation rates have been lower than whites and unemployment rates for black 16 and 17 year olds has never dropped below 20 percent.

• In 1980, 31 percent of all black first-born children were born to teenage mothers.

• By 1992, 54 percent-of all black children were living only with their mothers.

• From 1990 to 1994, 77 percent of first births to black women were premarital.

• In the 1980s and 90s, an absolute majority of those black families with no husband present lived in poverty.

• By the 2000s, 75% of blacks with a high-school degree or some college were not married.

• In 2005, Black people accounted for 13% of the total U.S. population yet they were the victims of 49% of all the nation's murders; and 93% of black murder victims were killed by other black people.

• Less than half of black students graduated from high school in 2005.

• In 2009, 73% of black children were born to unmarried mothers.

• In 2012, blacks in New York constituted 78% of shooting suspects and 74% of all shooting victims even though they are less than 23% of the city’s population. Young black men in New York are 36 times more likely to be murdered than young white men.

• Today, black males between the ages of 14 and 17 commit homicide at ten times the rate of white and Hispanic males of the same age combined.

• In many urban areas, the black illegitimacy rate is well over 80 percent.

• The national unemployment rate for blacks is over 13%, nearly five points above the average for all Americans. And black teen unemployment is over 40 %.

The good news is that things can be turned around because a thriving nuclear family is at the heart of African-American tradition.

First, we must acknowledge that well-intentioned social have uprooted traditional cultural incentives and legitimized an entitlement attitude that is counterproductive and harms children.

Second, we must stop ignoring bad behavior and choices in the African-American community. Discriminating between proper and bad behavior as a legitimate judgment, it is not discrimination or bigotry. Basic psychology tells us when you are allowed to get away with and are rewarded for bad behavior; you reinforce and get more progressively worse behavior that harms children.

Third, there must be an admission that clinging to a counterproductive culture that is supposedly “authentic” in the name of group pride or to avoid self-reliance and personal responsibility is not only historically incorrect, it harms children. Thomas Sowell has shown that no group has ever successfully improved their circumstances by doing so.

Lastly, the African-American community, with or without the civil rights “establishment,” must acknowledge and demand that the family is, and will forever be, the originator and primary transmitter of social capital -- values and character traits -- that enable children, on becoming adults, to seize opportunities and become productive citizens. Toxic role models that guide children into a culture of destructive behaviors must be challenged.

In short, if the family structure is a primary predictor of an individual’s life chances, and if family disintegration is the principal cause of the transmission of poverty and despair in the black community over the last 50 years, then family integration will stabilize the institution and offer children hope.

For once and for all, we must reach out and “forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.” Walking on eggshells out of fear or guilt, being angry at the sins of the past, or throwing money at a problem that only the heart can solve must end.

Forum List

Back