What the Ukraine is teaching us about Republiicans

what it proves is that some in the GOP want WW3 to happen because they are too fucking stupid.

Funny how Putin didn't try any of this crap when GW was POTUS. Obama though...Putin walks the hell all over him.

ignorance or lying. which one your doing? See 2008 Georgia

Here is a 2008 Georgia article of interest. The problem started in July, 2008 when Georgia decided to start negotiations to join NATO.

In response to the war, Russia faced strong criticism from the US, the United Kingdom, Poland, Romania, Sweden and the Baltic states.

European Union — An independent report, commissioned by the Council of the European Union stated that the war was started by the Georgian attack "that was not justified by international law". The report said the commission found no evidence for Georgia's claims of being invaded by Russia prior to launching an attack on South Ossetia. It confirmed that units of Russian regular troops, mercenaries, and volunteers had entered South Ossetia before the Georgian attack. The report said that Russia had a right to intervene in defense of its peacekeepers, but that the Russian reaction to the Georgian attack was disproportionate. The Abkhaz and Russian attack on the Kodori Gorge was deemed to be illegal. No evidence of an attempted genocide by Georgia against Ossetians, as claimed by Russia, was found. Instead, the report confirmed that Ossetian militia ethnically cleansed Georgians during and after the conflict, and noted that Russia failed to stop them.

United States — U.S. president George W. Bush's statement to Russia was: "Bullying and intimidation are not acceptable ways to conduct foreign policy in the 21st century." "Russia has invaded a sovereign neighboring state and threatens a democratic government elected by its people," said Mr. Bush. "Such an action is unacceptable in the 21st century." The US Embassy in Georgia, describing the Matthew Bryza press-conference, called the war an "incursion by one of the world's strongest powers to destroy the democratically elected government of a smaller neighbor".

Initially the Bush Administration considered a military response to defend Georgia,
but such an intervention was ruled out due to the inevitable conflict it would lead to
with Russia. Instead, Bush opted for a softer option by sending humanitarian
supplies to Georgia by military, rather than civilian, aircraft.

Russo-Georgian war - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All I know is Obama wants to support this clown like he supports Al Qaeda in Syria

They appear similar though... kind of

-Geaux

Ukraine.jpg

ObamaHitler.jpg

Foooooour

-Geaux

Obama, Biden stick to vacation schedules despite Ukraine crisis

The White House brushed off concerns Friday that, with the crisis in Crimea intensifying, now might not be the best time for President Obama -- and his vice president -- to go on vacation.

The travel schedules of both the president and Vice President Biden have come under scrutiny, given the rapidly changing situation in Ukraine. Obama, already in Florida to talk about education, was planning to spend some family time this weekend in Key Largo, Fla., where he arrived late in the day. Biden, meanwhile, will be in the Virgin Islands.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...to-vacation-schedules-despite-ukraine-crisis/

You folks are nuts. Do you actually wish that the US would attack Russia? :lmao:

FYI, the US doesn't attack nuclear nations, that's why Iran and others want or have nukes.

Has anyone on either side of this said they want to attack Russia? Of course not, WTF is wrong with you?
That's what's implied by the picture. Now you know.

bullshit, those quotes advocated being aware of what Russia was doing, not starting a war with them.

Wars start when america is weak and our enemies are emboldened---like today.

Has anyone on either side of this said they want to attack Russia? Of course not, WTF is wrong with you?
That's what's implied by the picture. Now you know.

bullshit, those quotes advocated being aware of what Russia was doing, not starting a war with them.

Wars start when america is weak and our enemies are emboldened---like today.
And when Democrats need a good diversion....

I LAUGH WHEN PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT FOREIGN AID.

Check out where most of those "aid" goes and get back to me.

Most of it goes to US businesses and never leaves the USA.

SOME very small part of it sometimes helps THE people of these lands.

Usually any that goes to a foreign land goes to our TOOLS running those lands for our MASTERS.

That is why despite the fact that both rank and file DEMS and rank and faile REPB both HATE FOREIGN AIDE, both parties still "give it".

Last edited:
I LAUGH WHEN PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT FOREIGN AID.

Check out where most of those "aid" goes and get back to me.

Most of it goes to US businesses and never leaves the USA.

SOME very small part of it sometimes helps THE people of these lands.

Usually any that goes to a foreign land goes to our TOOLS running those lands for our MASTERS.

That is why despite the fact that both rank and file DEMS and rank and faile REPB both HATE FOREIGN AIDE, both parties still "give it".
it prevents "blowback". Something Repub basers :tinfoil: are clueless about.

So when is Pootie Poot invading Ukraine clingers?

what do republicans believe the president, or any president, could have done to prevent the situation in the ukraine?

we were never going to use military force to stop it and every other option is on the table.

what more do you believe could be or should be done?

Sometimes, republicans can be just as stupid as democrats.

Everyone expects Democrats to help people. Republicans only want to help foreign people, and of course, the "needy" rich.

No one in his right mind believes that Democrats are out to help people, and no one in his right mind expects or wants anything from the government beyond its essential duties to promote and protect the fundamental rights and the national sovereignty of the people.

The premise of your complaint demonstrates that you're a womanish bootlick; the object of your complaint demonstrates that you're a morally pretentious, womanish bootlick.

Last edited:
Ummmm, GEORGIA attacked first nimrod. Do read some history before making a fool of yourself.

A key factor in that conflict is that Georgia moved first. Ukraine has been careful so far not to give the Russians any excuse to open fire.

Comparing the Crimea conflict with the Georgia-Russia situation of 2008 - The Washington Post

had been functioning for 15 years outside Georgian control, their de facto independence guaranteed by Russian peacekeeping troops.

Which is true, but had been going on since the breakup of the Soviet Union....you fail.
so had this

what do republicans believe the president, or any president, could have done to prevent the situation in the ukraine?

we were never going to use military force to stop it and every other option is on the table.

what more do you believe could be or should be done?

Nuke Russia.

Republican leader was wearing magic underwear, can't blame anyone else for that.

I see you're off to a good start here. Welcome, there are a couple of empty seats still available on the USMB short bus. Rderp will be happy to share a seat with you

Hey, don't blame me for the Reps being led by a guy in magic underwear. I had nothing to do with. And YOU voted for magic underwear. :lol:

Confirmed for troll hack. YOU have no idea who I voted for.

I see you're off to a good start here. Welcome, there are a couple of empty seats still available on the USMB short bus. Rderp will be happy to share a seat with you

Hey, don't blame me for the Reps being led by a guy in magic underwear. I had nothing to do with. And YOU voted for magic underwear. :lol:

Confirmed for troll hack. YOU have no idea who I voted for.

You seem like a magic underwear kind of a guy. :D

Which is true, but had been going on since the breakup of the Soviet Union....you fail.
so had this

And yet they waited till a weak POTUS was in office. Wonder why:eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

you saying Russia wanted the Ukrainian President to flee to Russia? The Russians planned the Ukranian President's ouster in advance so that they could then move in only after Obama was in office? :eusa_eh: Westwall :rofl: You also said nothing like this would happen on Shrub's watch but there was that small matter of Russia forcibly occupying south Ossetia in 2008. :eusa_think: :laugh:

Last edited:
1924645_10152074639021840_182474364_n.jpg

The Democrats have been backing war too, by the way. Not a very stellar track record. So what does that Ukraine conflict tell us about Democrats? They're hypocritical.

They aren't really hypocritical. It's all where you make the value judgments. Russians are white and Christian. There's the difference. Libya, Syria, Egypt, democrat support went to muslims killing Christians. Send an army of muslims into Ukraine and watch democrats change sides.

Forum List

Back