What time is it, from a biblical perspective?

buttercup

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2010
Obviously 2020 has been the craziest, weirdest, most chaotic year... at least in my lifetime. So a lot of people are asking, "What's going to happen next?" Where is all this heading?

In the bible, namely in the New Testament, we're told to be awake and aware of the times we're living in. We're not supposed to date-set or try to make predictions, but just have an awareness of "what time it is" in the grand scheme of things, so that we can be prepared for whatever is coming.

I made a short video for a good friend of mine. She wanted something to show at her church, to share her thoughts on the times we're living in. She is speaking Spanish in this video, but there are English subtitles. The other part of the video has both English and Spanish subtitles.

This might seem a little out-of-date now, because I made this BEFORE all the George Floyd chaos, riots, etc. But I'll share it anyway.

Btw, to the atheists or nonbelievers here, I'm not posting this to debate God or Christianity. If you want to debate those topics, there are probably 10,000 threads you can choose from.

Here's the video. For believers or those interested in the topic of where the world is heading, please share your thoughts!

Obviously 2020 has been the craziest, weirdest, most chaotic year... at least in my lifetime. So a lot of people are asking, "What's going to happen next?" Where is all this heading?

In the bible, namely in the New Testament, we're told to be awake and aware of the times we're living in. We're not supposed to date-set or try to make predictions, but just have an awareness of "what time it is" in the grand scheme of things, so that we can be prepared for whatever is coming.

I made a short video for a good friend of mine. She wanted something to show at her church, to share her thoughts on the times we're living in. She is speaking Spanish in this video, but there are English subtitles. The other part of the video has both English and Spanish subtitles.

This might seem a little out-of-date now, because I made this BEFORE all the George Floyd chaos, riots, etc. But I'll share it anyway.

Btw, to the atheists or nonbelievers here, I'm not posting this to debate God or Christianity. If you want to debate those topics, there are probably 10,000 threads you can choose from.

Here's the video. For believers or those interested in the topic of where the world is heading, please share your thoughts!

No man will know the time...

He then goes on to tell them to watch the times and events happening.
My 2 cents? Birth Pangs. It's coming

Exactly. I love the analogy of birth pangs, because we can know that as these events become more prevalent and closer together, we're getting closer and closer.

Of course there are certain things that need to happen, which are like signposts, and once those things happen it will become much more clear, not only for believers but for everyone.

Now.
That's the present.

Of course, but I think you understood that I meant in relation to the grand scheme of things. Some might say we're at 11 o'clock, others might say we're at 2 o'clock. And still others might not care either way. :dunno: Personally I think we're much closer than people think. But to be clear, I'm not talking about the end of the world, but the end of this age.

I am reminded of this passage...

2nd Timothy 3:1-7

1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Now.
That's the present.

Of course, but I think you understood that I meant in relation to the grand scheme of things. Some might say we're at 11 o'clock, others might say we're at 2 o'clock. And still others might not care either way. :dunno: Personally I think we're much closer than people think. But to be clear, I'm not talking about the end of the world, but the end of this age.

If its really that close people should be purifying and refining their own minds, keep awake, otherwise when Jesus shows up in another disturbing disguise along with those myriads and myriads of angels and saints, they will think he is either just another criminal of no account or someone who has completely lost their mind.

And so since no one knows the exact time when all these things will come to pass now is always the right time to apply your own mind to understand the hidden meaning of the divine commands according to the revelation of his teaching and do it.

Last edited:
I am reminded of this passage...

2nd Timothy 3:1-7

1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Yeah, that's a really good passage and I definitely think we're living in "perilous" times. For a number of reasons. Gosh, there's so much that can be said on that, but I don't have a lot of time right now, so maybe I'll get back to this later. Thanks for posting that!

After the Resurrection in the New Testament, Rosalia, the Pentacostal Baptism of the Holy Spirit during Shavuot.

No man will know the time...
And yet they knew: "Therefore we know that it is the last hour," said John.

“No one knows,” said Jesus in about the year 30. When Jesus uttered those words, no one knew, not even he. Fast forward thirty-five, maybe forty years, about a generation; people knew. Things had been happening: the crucifixion and resurrection; Pentecost and the outpouring of the Spirit; mounting tensions in Judea between the Romans and the Jews.

Now.
That's the present.

If its really that close people should be purifying and refining their own minds, keep awake, otherwise when Jesus shows up in another disturbing disguise along with those myriads and myriads of angels and saints, they will think he is either just another criminal of no account or someone who has completely lost their mind.

I'm not sure why you said "another disturbing disguise." From a biblical perspective, the next time around it's going to be as obvious as can possibly be.

Yeah, that's a really good passage and I definitely think we're living in "perilous" times. For a number of reasons. Gosh, there's so much that can be said on that, but I don't have a lot of time right now,

The 2 things that strike me the hardest are...

- dispisers of those that are good
and
- Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Forum List

Back