What time is it, from a biblical perspective?

Obviously 2020 has been the craziest, weirdest, most chaotic year... at least in my lifetime. So a lot of people are asking, "What's going to happen next?" Where is all this heading?

In the bible, namely in the New Testament, we're told to be awake and aware of the times we're living in. We're not supposed to date-set or try to make predictions, but just have an awareness of "what time it is" in the grand scheme of things, so that we can be prepared for whatever is coming.

I made a short video for a good friend of mine. She wanted something to show at her church, to share her thoughts on the times we're living in. She is speaking Spanish in this video, but there are English subtitles. The other part of the video has both English and Spanish subtitles.

This might seem a little out-of-date now, because I made this BEFORE all the George Floyd chaos, riots, etc. But I'll share it anyway.

Btw, to the atheists or nonbelievers here, I'm not posting this to debate God or Christianity. If you want to debate those topics, there are probably 10,000 threads you can choose from.

Here's the video. For believers or those interested in the topic of where the world is heading, please share your thoughts!

There is a lot of misunderstanding with regards to scripture as most of the meanings and concepts have strayed from the original understandings...The concept of time in Hebrew is actually a very simple one and. was usually associated with the word Yom which usually depicted as festivals such as Yom Kippur so it was the time of season for Yom Kippur etc etc. Yom had other meanings but one of them was Age but it was usually depicted or used in association with someone being or getting old an example of this can be found in Joshua 23 where he is coming to the end of his life. That could be where the end of age originated but the deeper meaning might mean the end of dying or death funny thing is other cultures teach a conguerer of death such as “ Shiva” and Jews sit Shiva for 7 days when someone has passed which is probably a big clue. Remember gd is the gd of life not death... Maybe we are in the time( Yom) when death will be finally conquered course some may claim it is not to be taken literally but figuratively but those scriptures using Yom as age ie coming to the end of ones life or just plain old speak differently...

OP is talking about the "time of the end" foretold in Daniel - e.g.:

Daniel 12:1-4
“During that time Miʹcha·el*+ will stand up,* the great prince+ who is standing in behalf of your people.* And there will occur a time of distress such as has not occurred since there came to be a nation until that time. And during that time your people will escape,+ everyone who is found written down in the book.+ 2 And many of those asleep in the dust of the earth will wake up, some to everlasting life and others to reproach and to everlasting contempt.

3 “And those having insight will shine as brightly as the expanse of heaven, and those bringing the many to righteousness like the stars, forever and ever.

4 “As for you, Daniel, keep the words secret, and seal up the book until the time of the end.+ Many will rove about,* and the true knowledge will become abundant.”+

Daniel 12:9,10
Then he said: “Go, Daniel, because the words are to be kept secret and sealed up until the time of the end.+ 10 Many will cleanse themselves and whiten themselves and will be refined.+ And the wicked ones will act wickedly, and none of the wicked will understand; but those having insight will understand.+

Then she should be more specific in what she asked she used the concept of ” Time” which I explained as simply and straightforward as I couldand according to Daniel 9 it can’t be calculated as to when that event might occur and it could be postponed but quite frankly we have gone over Daniel plenty of times in the past some of which can be looked up on this board...

Obviously 2020 has been the craziest, weirdest, most chaotic year... at least in my lifetime. So a lot of people are asking, "What's going to happen next?" Where is all this heading?

In the bible, namely in the New Testament, we're told to be awake and aware of the times we're living in. We're not supposed to date-set or try to make predictions, but just have an awareness of "what time it is" in the grand scheme of things, so that we can be prepared for whatever is coming.

I made a short video for a good friend of mine. She wanted something to show at her church, to share her thoughts on the times we're living in. She is speaking Spanish in this video, but there are English subtitles. The other part of the video has both English and Spanish subtitles.

This might seem a little out-of-date now, because I made this BEFORE all the George Floyd chaos, riots, etc. But I'll share it anyway.

Btw, to the atheists or nonbelievers here, I'm not posting this to debate God or Christianity. If you want to debate those topics, there are probably 10,000 threads you can choose from.

Here's the video. For believers or those interested in the topic of where the world is heading, please share your thoughts!

There is a lot of misunderstanding with regards to scripture as most of the meanings and concepts have strayed from the original understandings...The concept of time in Hebrew is actually a very simple one and. was usually associated with the word Yom which usually depicted as festivals such as Yom Kippur so it was the time of season for Yom Kippur etc etc. Yom had other meanings but one of them was Age but it was usually depicted or used in association with someone being or getting old an example of this can be found in Joshua 23 where he is coming to the end of his life. That could be where the end of age originated but the deeper meaning might mean the end of dying or death funny thing is other cultures teach a conguerer of death such as “ Shiva” and Jews sit Shiva for 7 days when someone has passed which is probably a big clue. Remember gd is the gd of life not death... Maybe we are in the time( Yom) when death will be finally conquered course some may claim it is not to be taken literally but figuratively but those scriptures using Yom as age ie coming to the end of ones life or just plain old speak differently...

“During that time Miʹcha·el*+ will stand up,* the great prince+ who is standing in behalf of your people.* And there will occur a time of distress such as has not occurred since there came to be a nation until that time. And during that time your people will escape,+ everyone who is found written down in the book.+ 2 And many of those asleep in the dust of the earth will wake up, some to everlasting life and others to reproach and to everlasting contempt.

3 “And those having insight will shine as brightly as the expanse of heaven, and those bringing the many to righteousness like the stars, forever and ever.

4 “As for you, Daniel, keep the words secret, and seal up the book until the time of the end.+ Many will rove about,* and the true knowledge will become abundant.”+

Then he said: “Go, Daniel, because the words are to be kept secret and sealed up until the time of the end.+ 10 Many will cleanse themselves and whiten themselves and will be refined.+ And the wicked ones will act wickedly, and none of the wicked will understand; but those having insight will understand.+

Then she should be more specific in what she asked she used the concept of ” Time” which I explained as simply and straightforward as I couldand according to Daniel 9 it can’t be calculated as to when that event might occur and it could be postponed but quite frankly we have gone over Daniel plenty of times in the past some of which can be looked up on this board...

Actually, the calculation of the 70 weeks of years (= 490 years) is not that difficult (Daniel 9:24-27) except for the wicked (Daniel 12:9.10)_ - no offense meant btw. Even the beginning of the next coming of the Messiah (Daniel 4:16,17; Revelation 11:15) can be pinpointed. OP, however, is referring to the last day of the last days! We do not know the day and hour Armageddon will begin - but we do know God will destroy those who are ruining the earth (both physically and morally) - Revelation 11:18.

See also 2 Peter 3:8,9 (Psalms 90:4) as to God's concept of time and also why God has waited longer that we might think.

Actually, the calculation of the 70 weeks of years (= 490 years) is not that difficult (Daniel 9:24-27) except for the wicked (Daniel 12:9.10)_ - no offense meant btw. Even the beginning of the next coming of the Messiah (Daniel 4:16,17; Revelation 11:15) can be pinpointed. OP, however, is referring to the last day of the last days! We do not know the day and hour Armageddon will begin - but we do know God will destroy those who are ruining the earth (both physically and morally) - Revelation 11:18.

See also 2 Peter 3:8,9 (Psalms 90:4) as to God's concept of time and also why God has waited longer that we might think.

This is the problem..Misunderstandings of original Hebrew concepts... Can’t solve that problem u nTIL we have a place to use as a platform to teach people properly such as a rebuilt temple on Mt Moriah which means to teach.Cant reach and teach that many on these forums they are to limited some get it but most do not....There is no Armegeddon... There is a place in northern Israel called Megiddo I have been there ... It is always the place in the north that every army that wished to invade Israel had to pass through..How it was twisted to become the concept of Armageddon is fascinating... As for the wicked it too is a simple concept no offence meant either...

Thanks for your thoughts. Most of the passages I (and others) usually look at in regard to the last days are in the New Testament. Although from a Christian perspective it all ties in together, the old and new.

You mentioned that some believe there will be a time when death is finally conquered... is that what Judaism teaches? I'm just curious about the Jewish perspective on eschatology.

This is the problem..Misunderstandings of original Hebrew concepts... Can’t solve that problem u nTIL we have a place to use as a platform to teach people properly such as a rebuilt temple on Mt Moriah which means to teach.Cant reach and teach that many on these forums they are to limited some get it but most do not....There is no Armegeddon... There is a place in northern Israel called Megiddo I have been there ... It is always the place in the north that every army that wished to invade Israel had to pass through..How it was twisted to become the concept of Armageddon is fascinating... As for the wicked it too is a simple concept no offence meant either...

No offense taken. What Revelation 16:16 refers to as Armageddon is actually the great and fear inspiring day of Jehovah foretold in the Hebrew Scriptures - for example:

Jeremiah 25:31-33
‘A noise will resound to the ends of the earth,
For Jehovah has a controversy with the nations.
He will personally pass judgment on all humans.*+
And he will put the wicked to the sword,’ declares Jehovah.

32 This is what Jehovah of armies says:
‘Look! A calamity is spreading from nation to nation,+
And a great tempest will be unleashed from the remotest parts of the earth.+
33 “‘And those slain by Jehovah in that day will be from one end of the earth clear to the other end of the earth. They will not be mourned, nor will they be gathered up or buried. They will become like manure on the surface of the ground.’

There are many cross references both in the Hebrew Scriptures and Christian Greek Scriptures.

Thanks for your thoughts. Most of the passages I (and others) usually look at in regard to the last days are in the New Testament. Although from a Christian perspective it all ties in together, the old and new.

You mentioned that some believe there will be a time when death is finally conquered... is that what Judaism teaches? I'm just curious about the Jewish perspective on eschatology.

There is a physical process to that which is only possible in our times or near future... Did you ever watch the fifth element where they reconstruct the woman’s body completely from head to toe using her DNA.. If not you should rent it and see how it was done... In the future we will be able to do this in a similar fashion then something like Isaiah 26:19 will be able to be accomplished. Jews teach that the Lutz bone which is at the base of your spine will have the DNA material that they can use to replicate your body...The bone is practically indestructible or so we are told...Maybe in the future you can have the choice of keeping your memories or having a clean slate and starting fresh ... If any complain the world is to crowded .. That might be true today but maybe not 500 years from now or a thousand by then it might be unpopulated ...

I am also curious about what Shimon believes on that. Revelation 21:4 "death will be no more" is consistent with this Hebrew Scripture prophecy:

Hosea 13:14 (KJV)
I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death: O death, I will be thy plagues; O grave, I will be thy destruction: repentance shall be hid from mine eyes.

Compare Daniel 12:2; Job 14:13-15 (also compare Jeremiah 31:15-16 with 1 Corinthians 15:26).

Time for me to fall asleep (I meant actual sleep - cp. John chapter 11 for the sleep of Daniel 12:2).

Pleasant dreams you all!

No offense taken. What Revelation 16:16 refers to as Armageddon is actually the great and fear inspiring day of Jehovah foretold in the Hebrew Scriptures - for example:

Jeremiah 25:31-33
‘A noise will resound to the ends of the earth,
For Jehovah has a controversy with the nations.
He will personally pass judgment on all humans.*+
And he will put the wicked to the sword,’ declares Jehovah.

32 This is what Jehovah of armies says:
‘Look! A calamity is spreading from nation to nation,+
And a great tempest will be unleashed from the remotest parts of the earth.+
33 “‘And those slain by Jehovah in that day will be from one end of the earth clear to the other end of the earth. They will not be mourned, nor will they be gathered up or buried. They will become like manure on the surface of the ground.’

There are many cross references both in the Hebrew Scriptures and Christian Greek Scriptures.

You should try using the Hebrew Scriptures that are untainted go to a chabad site And see if the same words are used you might be surprised regardless Sword and sWORD are interchangeable .. Those people may be “ slain” by the proper words and concepts that slay their false teachings that they have swallowed from really bad teachers that should be fired for filling people’s heads with nonsense..These people will feel really ( shitty like manure) once they find out how they were duped not that they are physically killed...Course sorry if I sound like a Broken record that can’t happen unless we have a proper platform to teach these original concepts to others...Then the “ slain” will be many all across the world as each mistaken concept is removed by a great light( truth and knowledge) removing the gross darkness( lies and folly)...

Time to gird the loins, baby. And go for what ya know. Fight the evil if you know good.

King CYRUS is often called the prince of the people (like in Greece) for liberating them from Babylon. Battling sometimes refers to the heart and mind, like the battle with Jacob.
So Dan 10 shows it was Michael "battling" this Persian King.
In Hebrew it says:
in Dan 10:20 where it says in regards to Michael:
*"Knowest thou 'wherefore' I come unto thee (the time to come) And now will
*Hashev Lacham Sar Parac"
(HaShev fights the prince of Persia).

This also reveals the one responsible for the original gathering of dispersed Jews and 2nd temple to be built because
1 Ezra 1:1 it was the Lord (king of hosts) who stirred up the spirit of Cyrus, king of Persia. Giving him the vision and anointing (Isaiah 45) to give the decree in 538, liberating the Jews who were captive in Babylonia and allowing them to return to their homeland. Cyrus battle was not physical it was spiritually in concious through the messenger Dan describes as Michael.
Who in the next verse Dan10:21 best knows these truths.
So now by chapter 12 You bring up it's the guardian and mediator which stands up in the time of comunication of that knowledge. Described in those verses going to and fro like on the net and coded in those verses are the word computer.
So the time is in the digital age, that much you should know is obvious.
The scrolls showed us that the battle of
spiritual light (knowledge and truth) vs spiritual darkness (lies ignorance and folly) was one of our hearts and minds like the battle Jacob and Cyrus faced internally. It's the battle of ideology/precepts/philosophies which you continually see to this day, because we have no central source of clarity without the Mikdash.
So the OT & NT describes the time we are in of that battle, whereby MICHAEL (who best knows these truths)LEADS THE LEGIONS IN BATTLE AGAINST THE LAWLESS ONES.
Seen as judge & guardian protector of law agencies who are protectors of the law.
Scroll 1QM v, 1-2) States:
He (Michael)will not have much room to act as Royal Messiah while battling the Sons of Darkness. (too busy debunking poor ideology, precepts, myths, lies and ignorance=darkness) but then also adds:
“God himself is a supreme agent of salvation and after him in importance is Michael.”

70 weeks of years occured in the time of Antiochus who desecrated the temple, and 'an Anointed' king was King Onias.
(171-165 b.c.e.), ruler Antiochus IV (who had Onias killed) pillaged Jerusalem. Antiochus IV matches the "ruler to come"

You mention Rev 11 but it requires other verses to grasp that time spoken of:
end is near in their era:
I Cor. 10:11 , Heb. 1:2 , I Peter 1:20, I Peter 4:7 , I John 2:18 etc.
The apostles understood that THEY were living in the "end-times."
So obviously we can not be in them today!
Luke 21:24 & Romans 11:25 and history of that era show that
Revelation 11:1-3 occurred already in aprox 70 ad.

No man will know the time...

He then goes on to tell them to watch the times and events happening.
My 2 cents? Birth Pangs. It's coming

Exactly. I love the analogy of birth pangs, because we can know that as these events become more prevalent and closer together, we're getting closer and closer.

Of course there are certain things that need to happen, which are like signposts, and once those things happen it will become much more clear, not only for believers but for everyone.

Yes, many realize these are the last days (2 Timohty 3:1-5) and we certainly have seen things Jesus foretold for the time of the end in Matthew chapters 24.25' Mark 13; Luke 21.

Most of the things Jesus foretold for these last days were/are bad. But there is also something good Jesus foretold for the last days:

Matthew 24:14
And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations,+ and then the end will come.

Do you know what the good news (= gospel) of God's Kingdom is?
And then in short order, the gospel was preached in all the nations (Rom 1:8; 16:26; Col 1:5b-6, 23). Whether the twelve tribes or all the nations of Palestine or of the Roman Empire, we may not know, but the fact remains that the whole world, as the ancients perceived it, heard the gospel.

No man will know the time...
no man shall know the DAY or the HOUR....

BUT we will know the times, in the sense of the general vicinity.... by certain things that were prophesied would happen....
They did know the day and the hour. Not only did John and his contemporaries know, but Paul and his readers in Thessalonica, just a few years earlier, had an idea of it.

Now concerning the times and the seasons, brothers, you have no need to have anything written to you. For you yourselves are fully aware that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. While people are saying, “There is peace and security,” then sudden destruction will come upon them as labor pains come upon a pregnant woman, and they will not escape. But you are not in darkness, brothers, for that day to surprise you like a thief. (1 Thes 5:1-4)

Believers may not have known exactly when tribulation and judgment would occur after Jesus warned them, but they certainly had a sense of their imminence as Roman armies surrounded the capital. The Christians were not in darkness; the day did not surprise them. Paul reminded the Thessalonians of this, but he didn’t have to, for they obviously knew in short order that the day and the hour had come. God preserved the church in Jerusalem when the saints fled to the wilderness by the thousands, largely to the village of Pella. Because they expected the coming judgment they managed to escape it.

Not to be contrarian, but that's a biblical perspective, and my take on the time is that now is not a time to fret.

Enjoy your life; reap the blessings of the kingdom of God. That's why Jesus died.

Forum List

Back