What was a reason for God to sacrifice His Son?

So god is going to roast me if I don't follow the church. Sheesh, next they'll want money. :biggrin:

No, you'll send yourself to Hell through your own choices. Don't try to fob responsibility for your life fuck-ups onto God.
Can you prove that hell actually exists?
Sure. Go lock yourself in a totally dark room for three days with no contact with anyone but yourself.

Then come back and tell me that wasn't hell.
So the hell described in the bible doesn't exist? (which is what Ceci is talking about.)

Who knows? It's not like anyone who's gone has come back to give a report.

I believe there is an eternal existence as a part of "the dark side of the Force", if you will, the aspect of the universe that is not in alignment with and separated from God. Christians call that Hell; others call it other things. I believe they all come out to the same thing, ultimately.
You obviously don't and sound more like you're just guessing.

So you can't prove squat. Got it.

I hope so. I've explained this to you several times before. People who are at all interested in seeking God must first stop clinging to land and objects and take wing into what is beyond the five senses. I have come to realize, just like air travel, this spiritual journey is not for all. Taz, you have given all indications it is not for you. If aeronautics were not for you, I doubt you would waste your life standing in front of NASA trying to convince others it is not for them, either.

We have something you don't. We won't be giving it up, any more than a pilot or astronaut will give up what they have. Go live your life. There is no place for you here. Why not find something you are passionate about and pursue that.
I'm passionate about finding some truth in the whole god thing. So far I've only found delusion, fantasy and wishful thing. Oh, and a whole lot of made up nonsense.

No, you aren't. You're passionate about hating Christianity, and about derailing and shutting down any and all discussions about it and preventing anyone from ever having a chance to consider it seriously and thoughtfully.
You're just pissed because I confront your beliefs and make you think hard about them. Now where is my eye of newt that you promised me? :biggrin;

You're just pissed because I confront your beliefs and make you think hard about them. Now where is my eye of newt that you promised me?

Taz, it is not Cecilie who comes across as someone who has not thought hard about her beliefs. Wouldn't it be more accurate to say it is you who have given little thought to her beliefs, but simply dismiss them?

Doesn't matter when the Gospels were written. They were inspired by the Holy Spirit.

Really seems Paul had no idea about Jesus. Holy Spirit didn't come till the death of Jesus, explain this. PS: I take it you did not know this facts.
Have you ever read the book of Acts?

Which was wrote by the same pen as Luke, so the books say, somewhere about 80- 90 Ad.
Yes, and both Luke and Acts are inspired by the Holy Spirit. Why can't you acknowledge that fact?

I doubt that. It was wrote my men, and Acts is historical to the point it explains about Pauls and his journeys and letters. Paul spent most of his time in now known as Turkey and Greece, and some time in Palestine, not much. Romans was probably one of his last letters and he was planning on going to Spain and trying to make money for his trip. (so it's said)
Since you doubt Scripture, there's really no purpose in continuing.

And yet you believe in fairness; common decency. Where ever did you get such a foolish idea?
The nothing fair or decent in the bible, it's a book full of hate, killings and threats.

It's a book about humanity. How do you talk about humanity WITHOUT talking about hatred and killing?

There's a difference between "threats" and "warnings". If I tell you that jaywalking on the freeway will get you hit by a car, am I threatening to hit you with a car myself, or am I simply warning you about the consequences of a bad choice?
We're not talking about humanity but about god, who kills and threatens.

If I don't do certain things, I'm threatened with roasting. To turn around and say that I have a free choice or not to roast is hardly a choice, it's another threat disguised as a choice.
You don't believe in God. So you don't believe you will be threatened with roasting, now do you?

You conflate the question of does God exist with who is God. You argue that since God can't be who Judaeo-Christianity reveals him to be then he can't possibly exist. That's disingenuous. They are two separate questions and logically cannot be evaluated out of sequence.

Furthermore, you reveal your intentions when you habitually misrepresent the beliefs of Judaeo-Christianity.
I say god has not been proven to exist, and has not be proven to not be possible to exist. You stand corrected.

So only those who believe in god can get roasted?
Saying you are agnostic does not make you agnostic.

Do you mean metaphorically roasted? No one knows who will be and who won't be left to themselves.

So you can't prove squat. Got it.

I hope so. I've explained this to you several times before. People who are at all interested in seeking God must first stop clinging to land and objects and take wing into what is beyond the five senses. I have come to realize, just like air travel, this spiritual journey is not for all. Taz, you have given all indications it is not for you. If aeronautics were not for you, I doubt you would waste your life standing in front of NASA trying to convince others it is not for them, either.

We have something you don't. We won't be giving it up, any more than a pilot or astronaut will give up what they have. Go live your life. There is no place for you here. Why not find something you are passionate about and pursue that.
I'm passionate about finding some truth in the whole god thing. So far I've only found delusion, fantasy and wishful thing. Oh, and a whole lot of made up nonsense.
No. You are not. You are passionate about subordinating religion. It's why you post under two different accounts.

The Catholic Church teaches there is a hell (just not Dante's version of it). Unfortunately, the outlet publishing this story isn't all that credible, especially in the way it covers the Pope. Possibly, it could be Pope Francis personal belief there is no hell because he seemed to be focused on a couple of scripture passages.

The first mentions that the chaff is burned away and only what is good survives. The second is where Jesus mentions not to fear those who can only kill the body, but fear him who can destroy both body and soul in hell. The Pope's thinking seemed to be what others have said before him: While hell is eternal, once destroyed, the soul is gone forever. (i.e., no one spends an eternity in fire, they are completely destroyed.)
So god is going to roast me if I don't follow the church. Sheesh, next they'll want money. :biggrin:

No, you'll send yourself to Hell through your own choices. Don't try to fob responsibility for your life fuck-ups onto God.
Sure. Go lock yourself in a totally dark room for three days with no contact with anyone but yourself.

So the hell described in the bible doesn't exist? (which is what Ceci is talking about.)
Go lock yourself in a totally dark room for three days with no contact with anyone but yourself and then come back and tell me that hell doesn't exist.

First, put away the Little Golden Book accounts and step out of the sandbox. Second, learn the differences between science and philosophy. Third, leave the farm as there is no need to build straw men.
See? More obfuscation, nonsense with some gibberish thrown in, but no truth about god.

Show me where, TN.

Go sin no more is the bottom line. Like these sins found at 1Corinthians 6:9-11, Galations 5:19-21--along with the false god worship on earth and pagan practices off the table of demons= 99% on earth do these things daily. Because 99% of all religion is false including 99% of all religion claiming to be Christian.
The blind guides tell those who do those sins--you are saved or born again in the false Christian religions. And they believe those teachers over Gods written word. Not a wise path to walk.
Who says it's god's written word?

Much has proven true, Revelation has been occurring for over a century.
Like what? The flood hasn’t been proven to be true. And the Big Bang wasn’t the moment light appeared.

Archeologists dug many sights mentioned in ot . They found very wicked civilizations--they commented--We don't know why God waited so long to destroy them.
C'mon, that's nonsense, real archeologists don't wonder why god did something to what they are digging up. Get real.

Go sin no more is the bottom line. Like these sins found at 1Corinthians 6:9-11, Galations 5:19-21--along with the false god worship on earth and pagan practices off the table of demons= 99% on earth do these things daily. Because 99% of all religion is false including 99% of all religion claiming to be Christian.
The blind guides tell those who do those sins--you are saved or born again in the false Christian religions. And they believe those teachers over Gods written word. Not a wise path to walk.
Salvation works from the inside out. Our Spirit is born again, not our flesh. We continue to sin, but if we are really saved and keep following Jesus, we will become more like him. It's a process.
So what happens to my soul if i don't follow jesus?

The lake of fire= the 2nd death--death everlasting--not eternal suffering. Gods justice scales make that an impossible reality.
So god is going to roast me for eternity? What a nice guy!

Its impossible, I told you for eternal suffering to be a reality-- Teachers of darkness teach it.
Who is a teacher of darkness?

Show me where, TN.

Um, may I ask what is God's written word?

The 66 books of the bible.
So god wrote those?

God inspired the original writings. Once the religion that came out of Rome translated--they translated to fit in false council teachings. Every trinity translation on earth is altered and error filled.
So it's not god's word, god just inspire some guy to write that.

But some guys just made the whole thing up, like the flood. Noah couldn't have gotten kangaroos on his ark and back again, it would defy reality.

Noah had God on his side. When David as a young man confronted Goliath said--You come with Sword, Shield and Javelin, I come in the Name of YHWH(Jehovah), and killed Goliath.
So god poofed the roos over? Why not just not drown the animals?

You just assume that occurred. Don't forget God only rested creating. Who says he didn't create new species after the flood as well? They find new species today.
So after the flood, god poofed some new animals into being all over the world.

No one knows the exact happenings.
So you don't know. Got it.

You're just pissed because I confront your beliefs and make you think hard about them. Now where is my eye of newt that you promised me?

Taz, it is not Cecilie who comes across as someone who has not thought hard about her beliefs. Wouldn't it be more accurate to say it is you who have given little thought to her beliefs, but simply dismiss them?
No, I question her on them, and that's makes her uncomfortable, so she lashes out.

The nothing fair or decent in the bible, it's a book full of hate, killings and threats.

It's a book about humanity. How do you talk about humanity WITHOUT talking about hatred and killing?

There's a difference between "threats" and "warnings". If I tell you that jaywalking on the freeway will get you hit by a car, am I threatening to hit you with a car myself, or am I simply warning you about the consequences of a bad choice?

If I don't do certain things, I'm threatened with roasting. To turn around and say that I have a free choice or not to roast is hardly a choice, it's another threat disguised as a choice.
You don't believe in God. So you don't believe you will be threatened with roasting, now do you?

You conflate the question of does God exist with who is God. You argue that since God can't be who Judaeo-Christianity reveals him to be then he can't possibly exist. That's disingenuous. They are two separate questions and logically cannot be evaluated out of sequence.

Furthermore, you reveal your intentions when you habitually misrepresent the beliefs of Judaeo-Christianity.
I say god has not been proven to exist, and has not be proven to not be possible to exist. You stand corrected.

Do you mean metaphorically roasted? No one knows who will be and who won't be left to themselves.
Left to themselves? You mean there's no roasting in hell? Is anything real in the bible?

Go lock yourself in a totally dark room for three days with no contact with anyone but yourself and then come back and tell me that hell doesn't exist.
Does the room have to be burning like in the bible?

Um, may I ask what is God's written word?

The 66 books of the bible.
So god wrote those?

God inspired the original writings. Once the religion that came out of Rome translated--they translated to fit in false council teachings. Every trinity translation on earth is altered and error filled.
So it's not god's word, god just inspire some guy to write that.
Pretty much. And they were given latitude in doing so.

Of course, you need to recognize the context of those times for it to make sense which is something you never do.

Salvation works from the inside out. Our Spirit is born again, not our flesh. We continue to sin, but if we are really saved and keep following Jesus, we will become more like him. It's a process.
So what happens to my soul if i don't follow jesus?

The lake of fire= the 2nd death--death everlasting--not eternal suffering. Gods justice scales make that an impossible reality.
So god is going to roast me for eternity? What a nice guy!

Its impossible, I told you for eternal suffering to be a reality-- Teachers of darkness teach it.
Who is a teacher of darkness?
You?

Left to themselves? You mean there's no roasting in hell? Is anything real in the bible?
Yes, left to themselves. Like I have told you before, go lock yourself in a totally dark room for three days with no light or any contact with anyone but yourself and then you will know exactly what hell is like.

Yes, it is all real. The Bible is full of wisdom on how to live life and how not to live life. I can't help it if you read it to confirm your bias.

Does the room have to be burning like in the bible?
No. Just dark and by yourself. You can even bring food and water. After three days you will know exactly what hell is like. Give it a try and get back to me.

No, I question her on them, and that's makes her uncomfortable, so she lashes out.
I don't mind what you are doing. God is using you.

Forum List

Back