What was a reason for God to sacrifice His Son?

No, you'll send yourself to Hell through your own choices. Don't try to fob responsibility for your life fuck-ups onto God.
Can you prove that hell actually exists?
Sure. Go lock yourself in a totally dark room for three days with no contact with anyone but yourself.

Then come back and tell me that wasn't hell.
So the hell described in the bible doesn't exist? (which is what Ceci is talking about.)

Who knows? It's not like anyone who's gone has come back to give a report.

I believe there is an eternal existence as a part of "the dark side of the Force", if you will, the aspect of the universe that is not in alignment with and separated from God. Christians call that Hell; others call it other things. I believe they all come out to the same thing, ultimately.
You obviously don't and sound more like you're just guessing.

You sound like someone who was going to shit on whatever he heard, because he isn't here for anything else.

So you can't prove squat. Got it.

I hope so. I've explained this to you several times before. People who are at all interested in seeking God must first stop clinging to land and objects and take wing into what is beyond the five senses. I have come to realize, just like air travel, this spiritual journey is not for all. Taz, you have given all indications it is not for you. If aeronautics were not for you, I doubt you would waste your life standing in front of NASA trying to convince others it is not for them, either.

We have something you don't. We won't be giving it up, any more than a pilot or astronaut will give up what they have. Go live your life. There is no place for you here. Why not find something you are passionate about and pursue that.
I'm passionate about finding some truth in the whole god thing. So far I've only found delusion, fantasy and wishful thing. Oh, and a whole lot of made up nonsense.

No, you aren't. You're passionate about hating Christianity, and about derailing and shutting down any and all discussions about it and preventing anyone from ever having a chance to consider it seriously and thoughtfully.
You're just pissed because I confront your beliefs and make you think hard about them. Now where is my eye of newt that you promised me? :biggrin;

You don't make anyone think about any beliefs. Your entire schtick is to PREVENT that by making your deep-as-a-mud-puddle personal attacks and shit-shoveling the only conversation.

I've never promised you anything except to call you out for what you are: a pathological religiophobe bigot. Seek help, and get a life.

Um, may I ask what is God's written word?

The 66 books of the bible.
So god wrote those?

God inspired the original writings. Once the religion that came out of Rome translated--they translated to fit in false council teachings. Every trinity translation on earth is altered and error filled.
So it's not god's word, god just inspire some guy to write that.
Pretty much. And they were given latitude in doing so.

Of course, you need to recognize the context of those times for it to make sense which is something you never do.
So why should I believe some guy who wrote “god said this... did that...”?

So you can't prove squat. Got it.

I hope so. I've explained this to you several times before. People who are at all interested in seeking God must first stop clinging to land and objects and take wing into what is beyond the five senses. I have come to realize, just like air travel, this spiritual journey is not for all. Taz, you have given all indications it is not for you. If aeronautics were not for you, I doubt you would waste your life standing in front of NASA trying to convince others it is not for them, either.

We have something you don't. We won't be giving it up, any more than a pilot or astronaut will give up what they have. Go live your life. There is no place for you here. Why not find something you are passionate about and pursue that.
I'm passionate about finding some truth in the whole god thing. So far I've only found delusion, fantasy and wishful thing. Oh, and a whole lot of made up nonsense.

No, you aren't. You're passionate about hating Christianity, and about derailing and shutting down any and all discussions about it and preventing anyone from ever having a chance to consider it seriously and thoughtfully.
You're just pissed because I confront your beliefs and make you think hard about them. Now where is my eye of newt that you promised me? :biggrin;

You don't make anyone think about any beliefs. Your entire schtick is to PREVENT that by making your deep-as-a-mud-puddle personal attacks and shit-shoveling the only conversation.

I've never promised you anything except to call you out for what you are: a pathological religiophobe bigot. Seek help, and get a life.
See? I hit a nerve and you go mental. Happens every time, and you know, it’s you who usually butts in to comment, and then you get upset. Next time, just stay out if it and you won’t be upset, since you can’t handle discussing this topic calmly.

So why should I believe some guy who wrote “god said this... did that...”?

People are either interested in experiencing God for themselves, or they are not. Do you fall into the latter category?

Sure. Go lock yourself in a totally dark room for three days with no contact with anyone but yourself.

So the hell described in the bible doesn't exist? (which is what Ceci is talking about.)

Who knows? It's not like anyone who's gone has come back to give a report.

I believe there is an eternal existence as a part of "the dark side of the Force", if you will, the aspect of the universe that is not in alignment with and separated from God. Christians call that Hell; others call it other things. I believe they all come out to the same thing, ultimately.
You obviously don't and sound more like you're just guessing.

You sound like someone who was going to shit on whatever he heard, because he isn't here for anything else.
So maybe you should re-read your post, it was a guess at best.

So what happens to my soul if i don't follow jesus?

The lake of fire= the 2nd death--death everlasting--not eternal suffering. Gods justice scales make that an impossible reality.
So god is going to roast me for eternity? What a nice guy!

Its impossible, I told you for eternal suffering to be a reality-- Teachers of darkness teach it.
Who is a teacher of darkness?
You?
I’m trying to figure out wtf he’s talking about. :biggrin:

We're not talking about humanity but about god, who kills and threatens.

If I don't do certain things, I'm threatened with roasting. To turn around and say that I have a free choice or not to roast is hardly a choice, it's another threat disguised as a choice.
You don't believe in God. So you don't believe you will be threatened with roasting, now do you?

You conflate the question of does God exist with who is God. You argue that since God can't be who Judaeo-Christianity reveals him to be then he can't possibly exist. That's disingenuous. They are two separate questions and logically cannot be evaluated out of sequence.

Furthermore, you reveal your intentions when you habitually misrepresent the beliefs of Judaeo-Christianity.
I say god has not been proven to exist, and has not be proven to not be possible to exist. You stand corrected.

So only those who believe in god can get roasted?
Saying you are agnostic does not make you agnostic.

Do you mean metaphorically roasted? No one knows who will be and who won't be left to themselves.
Left to themselves? You mean there's no roasting in hell? Is anything real in the bible?
Yes, left to themselves. Like I have told you before, go lock yourself in a totally dark room for three days with no light or any contact with anyone but yourself and then you will know exactly what hell is like.

Yes, it is all real. The Bible is full of wisdom on how to live life and how not to live life. I can't help it if you read it to confirm your bias.
It’s just that I’ve never met a bunch of people who don’t believe the stories in the bible are true, but still believe in the god of the bible. The two seem contradictory because if you don’t believe the stories about god in the bible then how can you believe that the god of the bible exists?

Go lock yourself in a totally dark room for three days with no contact with anyone but yourself and then come back and tell me that hell doesn't exist.
Does the room have to be burning like in the bible?
No. Just dark and by yourself. You can even bring food and water. After three days you will know exactly what hell is like. Give it a try and get back to me.
So that’s the only hell there is?

You're just pissed because I confront your beliefs and make you think hard about them. Now where is my eye of newt that you promised me?

Taz, it is not Cecilie who comes across as someone who has not thought hard about her beliefs. Wouldn't it be more accurate to say it is you who have given little thought to her beliefs, but simply dismiss them?
No, I question her on them, and that's makes her uncomfortable, so she lashes out.
I don't mind what you are doing. God is using you.
So god is using me without my consent or knowledge? That sounds pretty underhanded. Or is it like a hypnotist?

As far as I am aware, according to Christian beliefs after Adam's fall all humanity became sinful and doomed to perdition. Then Son of God was sent by Father to save mankind and give eternal live for those believing in Him.

‌Why was all this needed? Why didnt God simply send a prophet with instructions how people can save themselves? Why did God have a need to make sacrifice for himself?
It's quite simple...
View attachment 185645

Bingo.

What a weird and convoluted story it is. First god rapes an unmarried virgin and dumps her when she gets pregnant with god. A nice itinerant carpenter raises the Jesus who is also god.

Jesus (god) doesn't do much but hang out with his buds for about 30ish years and then god (who is Jesus) arranges for Jesus (god) to be tortured and killed but Jesus (who is god) is dead for only three days then comes back and that's how we got chocolate bunnies.

Now if I could just figure out who the holy ghost is.

It’s just that I’ve never met a bunch of people who don’t believe the stories in the bible are true, but still believe in the god of the bible. The two seem contradictory because if you don’t believe the stories about god in the bible then how can you believe that the god of the bible exists?

We believe truth is illustrated in Bible narratives. The Bible presents truths and lessons in story form.

So god is using me without my consent or knowledge? That sounds pretty underhanded. Or is it like a hypnotist?
I can testify that God honors free will. God can work within people without them being aware, but that would be over issues they are working on within themselves as well. When it comes to choice, that decision comes from the individual conscience, not a direction from God.

As far as I am aware, according to Christian beliefs after Adam's fall all humanity became sinful and doomed to perdition. Then Son of God was sent by Father to save mankind and give eternal live for those believing in Him.

‌Why was all this needed? Why didnt God simply send a prophet with instructions how people can save themselves? Why did God have a need to make sacrifice for himself?

he didn't.....

Bingo.

What a weird and convoluted story it is. First god rapes an unmarried virgin and dumps her when she gets pregnant with god. A nice itinerant carpenter raises the Jesus who is also god.

Jesus (god) doesn't do much but hang out with his buds for about 30ish years and then god (who is Jesus) arranges for Jesus (god) to be tortured and killed but Jesus (who is god) is dead for only three days then comes back and that's how we got chocolate bunnies.

Caspar, wearing a tattered garment. From the above tale you constructed, I have no doubt you can construct an entertaining account on how Caspar tore his clothes.

Really seems Paul had no idea about Jesus. Holy Spirit didn't come till the death of Jesus, explain this. PS: I take it you did not know this facts.
Have you ever read the book of Acts?

Which was wrote by the same pen as Luke, so the books say, somewhere about 80- 90 Ad.
Yes, and both Luke and Acts are inspired by the Holy Spirit. Why can't you acknowledge that fact?

I doubt that. It was wrote my men, and Acts is historical to the point it explains about Pauls and his journeys and letters. Paul spent most of his time in now known as Turkey and Greece, and some time in Palestine, not much. Romans was probably one of his last letters and he was planning on going to Spain and trying to make money for his trip. (so it's said)
Since you doubt Scripture, there's really no purpose in continuing.

BS Filter

I always wonder why christians believe their belief and their bible and their god/Jesus are so weak that they cannot withstand having to explain themselves to a nonbeliever.

in my experience, they either thump their bible and copy/paste miles of bible or they turn tale and run, like you did.

Why is that?

Bingo.

Caspar, wearing a tattered garment. From the above tale you constructed, I have no doubt you can construct an entertaining account on how Caspar tore his clothes.

Sorry but I don't believe in ghosts.

Not even the friendly ones.

latest

Forum List

Back