What was a reason for God to sacrifice His Son?

Taz, it is not Cecilie who comes across as someone who has not thought hard about her beliefs. Wouldn't it be more accurate to say it is you who have given little thought to her beliefs, but simply dismiss them?
No, I question her on them, and that's makes her uncomfortable, so she lashes out.
I don't mind what you are doing. God is using you.
So god is using me without my consent or knowledge? That sounds pretty underhanded. Or is it like a hypnotist?
It can only sound underhanded to you if you actually believed he existed, right?

No, it is not like a hypnotist. We live in a deterministic universe where every cause has an effect. Everything is connected.

Your disbelief and trolling is serving a purpose. Kind of like this.

So if I don’t believe that god exists, I can’t get sent to hell?

Actually, that pretty much sums it up. God demands that you believe in him, even though he won't reveal himself. Frankly, I think Santa Clause is more reasonable in that respect.

No, I question her on them, and that's makes her uncomfortable, so she lashes out.
So god is using me without my consent or knowledge? That sounds pretty underhanded. Or is it like a hypnotist?
It can only sound underhanded to you if you actually believed he existed, right?

No, it is not like a hypnotist. We live in a deterministic universe where every cause has an effect. Everything is connected.

Actually, that pretty much sums it up. God demands that you believe in him, even though he won't reveal himself. Frankly, I think Santa Clause is more reasonable in that respect.

He sent his son. Isn't that enough? What more do you want?

I'm passionate about finding some truth in the whole god thing. So far I've only found delusion, fantasy and wishful thing. Oh, and a whole lot of made up nonsense.
First, put away the Little Golden Book accounts and step out of the sandbox. Second, learn the differences between science and philosophy. Third, leave the farm as there is no need to build straw men.
See? More obfuscation, nonsense with some gibberish thrown in, but no truth about god.

Go sin no more is the bottom line. Like these sins found at 1Corinthians 6:9-11, Galations 5:19-21--along with the false god worship on earth and pagan practices off the table of demons= 99% on earth do these things daily. Because 99% of all religion is false including 99% of all religion claiming to be Christian.
The blind guides tell those who do those sins--you are saved or born again in the false Christian religions. And they believe those teachers over Gods written word. Not a wise path to walk.
Who says it's god's written word?

Much has proven true, Revelation has been occurring for over a century.
Like what? The flood hasn’t been proven to be true. And the Big Bang wasn’t the moment light appeared.

Archeologists dug many sights mentioned in ot . They found very wicked civilizations--they commented--We don't know why God waited so long to destroy them.
C'mon, that's nonsense, real archeologists don't wonder why god did something to what they are digging up. Get real.

Salvation works from the inside out. Our Spirit is born again, not our flesh. We continue to sin, but if we are really saved and keep following Jesus, we will become more like him. It's a process.
So what happens to my soul if i don't follow jesus?

The lake of fire= the 2nd death--death everlasting--not eternal suffering. Gods justice scales make that an impossible reality.
So god is going to roast me for eternity? What a nice guy!

Its impossible, I told you for eternal suffering to be a reality-- Teachers of darkness teach it.
Who is a teacher of darkness?

Go sin no more is the bottom line. Like these sins found at 1Corinthians 6:9-11, Galations 5:19-21--along with the false god worship on earth and pagan practices off the table of demons= 99% on earth do these things daily. Because 99% of all religion is false including 99% of all religion claiming to be Christian.
The blind guides tell those who do those sins--you are saved or born again in the false Christian religions. And they believe those teachers over Gods written word. Not a wise path to walk.

Um, may I ask what is God's written word?

The 66 books of the bible.
So god wrote those?

God inspired the original writings. Once the religion that came out of Rome translated--they translated to fit in false council teachings. Every trinity translation on earth is altered and error filled.
So it's not god's word, god just inspire some guy to write that.

Noah had God on his side. When David as a young man confronted Goliath said--You come with Sword, Shield and Javelin, I come in the Name of YHWH(Jehovah), and killed Goliath.
So god poofed the roos over? Why not just not drown the animals?

You just assume that occurred. Don't forget God only rested creating. Who says he didn't create new species after the flood as well? They find new species today.
So after the flood, god poofed some new animals into being all over the world.

No one knows the exact happenings.
So you don't know. Got it.

You're just pissed because I confront your beliefs and make you think hard about them. Now where is my eye of newt that you promised me?

Taz, it is not Cecilie who comes across as someone who has not thought hard about her beliefs. Wouldn't it be more accurate to say it is you who have given little thought to her beliefs, but simply dismiss them?

It's a book about humanity. How do you talk about humanity WITHOUT talking about hatred and killing?

There's a difference between "threats" and "warnings". If I tell you that jaywalking on the freeway will get you hit by a car, am I threatening to hit you with a car myself, or am I simply warning you about the consequences of a bad choice?
We're not talking about humanity but about god, who kills and threatens.

If I don't do certain things, I'm threatened with roasting. To turn around and say that I have a free choice or not to roast is hardly a choice, it's another threat disguised as a choice.
You don't believe in God. So you don't believe you will be threatened with roasting, now do you?

You conflate the question of does God exist with who is God. You argue that since God can't be who Judaeo-Christianity reveals him to be then he can't possibly exist. That's disingenuous. They are two separate questions and logically cannot be evaluated out of sequence.

Furthermore, you reveal your intentions when you habitually misrepresent the beliefs of Judaeo-Christianity.
I say god has not been proven to exist, and has not be proven to not be possible to exist. You stand corrected.

So only those who believe in god can get roasted?
Saying you are agnostic does not make you agnostic.

Do you mean metaphorically roasted? No one knows who will be and who won't be left to themselves.
Left to themselves? You mean there's no roasting in hell? Is anything real in the bible?

No, you'll send yourself to Hell through your own choices. Don't try to fob responsibility for your life fuck-ups onto God.
Can you prove that hell actually exists?
Sure. Go lock yourself in a totally dark room for three days with no contact with anyone but yourself.

Then come back and tell me that wasn't hell.
So the hell described in the bible doesn't exist? (which is what Ceci is talking about.)
Go lock yourself in a totally dark room for three days with no contact with anyone but yourself and then come back and tell me that hell doesn't exist.
Does the room have to be burning like in the bible?

You seem a tad bit triggered, what's up?

God will reveal Himself if you seek him with your whole heart. Millions of people over history can attest to that.

God will reveal Himself if you seek him with your whole heart. Millions of people over history can attest to that.

nope.

Lots. What’s first?

Prayer and an open spirit is a good first step. Other Biblical nuggets I found are:

1. Do not test the Lord Your God. (In other words if you are simply after God proving something to you, you may as well not bother.)

2. Here I am Lord. Send me. (Do not go searching for things to do, but rather keep your eyes and mind open at everyday opportunities that present themselves in your life.)

3. Elijah found God in the tiny whispering sound--not in powerful events.

4. Observe the Ten Commandments and practice the Beatitudes.

5. Considering the troubles you are having with the Bible, perhaps limit yourself a few of the Wisdom Books: The Book of Proverbs, the Book of Wisdom, the Book of Sirach may be a good start.

I don't know if it will be the same for you, but my experiences of God have come about when I have run into difficulties in helping someone else.

Also be forewarned or cautioned about seeking an experience of God. There is a great sense of loss when it is finished--on the order of what an individual goes through after losing the person they love most. This sense of loss does not ever go away, and there is tremendous sorrow. Indeed blessed are those who walk in faith without such experiences.
So god can only be found through a book? That seems kinda douche.

Left to themselves? You mean there's no roasting in hell? Is anything real in the bible?
Yes, left to themselves. Like I have told you before, go lock yourself in a totally dark room for three days with no light or any contact with anyone but yourself and then you will know exactly what hell is like.

Yes, it is all real. The Bible is full of wisdom on how to live life and how not to live life. I can't help it if you read it to confirm your bias.
It’s just that I’ve never met a bunch of people who don’t believe the stories in the bible are true, but still believe in the god of the bible. The two seem contradictory because if you don’t believe the stories about god in the bible then how can you believe that the god of the bible exists?
You mean the allegorical accounts of actual events?

They only seem contradictory to people who want to confirm their biases like you.

Again, before you can figure out who God is, you have to believe God exists in the first place. Luckily for us he has given us the moral law as evidence for his existence. That and Creation.
So for me to get to the point where I believe that god exists I first have to believe that god exists.
Nope. Try again. I know you can do this.
"before you can figure out who God is, you have to believe God exists in the first place" I have to believe in god first for any of this to work?

Pretty much. And they were given latitude in doing so.

Of course, you need to recognize the context of those times for it to make sense which is something you never do.
So why should I believe some guy who wrote “god said this... did that...”?
Don't. I couldn't care less. Why should I believe you? What evidence do you have that God doesn't exist?
None, that’s why I’m agnostic.
That's why I win. I have evidence that God does exist. So do you.
Creation isn't evidence of the god of the bible. How do you even make the connection?

Not quite. It's when you reject his love. But I'm sure he will listen intently to our argument that it was his fault.

So if I reject god's love I can't get sent to hell?

Are we all god's children?

I'm passionate about finding some truth in the whole god thing. So far I've only found delusion, fantasy and wishful thing. Oh, and a whole lot of made up nonsense.
First, put away the Little Golden Book accounts and step out of the sandbox. Second, learn the differences between science and philosophy. Third, leave the farm as there is no need to build straw men.
See? More obfuscation, nonsense with some gibberish thrown in, but no truth about god.

Like what? The flood hasn’t been proven to be true. And the Big Bang wasn’t the moment light appeared.

Archeologists dug many sights mentioned in ot . They found very wicked civilizations--they commented--We don't know why God waited so long to destroy them.
C'mon, that's nonsense, real archeologists don't wonder why god did something to what they are digging up. Get real.

The lake of fire= the 2nd death--death everlasting--not eternal suffering. Gods justice scales make that an impossible reality.

Its impossible, I told you for eternal suffering to be a reality-- Teachers of darkness teach it.

So god wrote those?

God inspired the original writings. Once the religion that came out of Rome translated--they translated to fit in false council teachings. Every trinity translation on earth is altered and error filled.

So god poofed the roos over? Why not just not drown the animals?

You just assume that occurred. Don't forget God only rested creating. Who says he didn't create new species after the flood as well? They find new species today.
So after the flood, god poofed some new animals into being all over the world.

No one knows the exact happenings.
So you don't know. Got it.

You're just pissed because I confront your beliefs and make you think hard about them. Now where is my eye of newt that you promised me?

We're not talking about humanity but about god, who kills and threatens.

If I don't do certain things, I'm threatened with roasting. To turn around and say that I have a free choice or not to roast is hardly a choice, it's another threat disguised as a choice.
You don't believe in God. So you don't believe you will be threatened with roasting, now do you?

You conflate the question of does God exist with who is God. You argue that since God can't be who Judaeo-Christianity reveals him to be then he can't possibly exist. That's disingenuous. They are two separate questions and logically cannot be evaluated out of sequence.

Furthermore, you reveal your intentions when you habitually misrepresent the beliefs of Judaeo-Christianity.
I say god has not been proven to exist, and has not be proven to not be possible to exist. You stand corrected.

So only those who believe in god can get roasted?
Saying you are agnostic does not make you agnostic.

Do you mean metaphorically roasted? No one knows who will be and who won't be left to themselves.

Can you prove that hell actually exists?
Sure. Go lock yourself in a totally dark room for three days with no contact with anyone but yourself.

Then come back and tell me that wasn't hell.
So the hell described in the bible doesn't exist? (which is what Ceci is talking about.)
Go lock yourself in a totally dark room for three days with no contact with anyone but yourself and then come back and tell me that hell doesn't exist.
Does the room have to be burning like in the bible?

You seem a tad bit triggered, what's up?
Can't be, I don't own a gun.

My whole heart has wanted Him to reveal Himself to me for like forever. So far nothing. That's one of the reasons I ask everyone so many questions...

Actually those wicked back then were sacrificing babies to stone idols --orgies as worship--all forms of wicked acts that would be taboo. God says 0 sin allowed in his creation.

Salvation works from the inside out. Our Spirit is born again, not our flesh. We continue to sin, but if we are really saved and keep following Jesus, we will become more like him. It's a process.

99% of all religion on earth is in darkness

Actually those wicked back then were sacrificing babies to stone idols --orgies as worship--all forms of wicked acts that would be taboo. God says 0 sin allowed in his creation.
So why did god drown all the babies?

So god wrote those?

a few alterations and errors to fit false council teachings to mislead by satans will.

99% of all religion on earth is in darkness
How do you know you've got the right one because everyone says they alone have the right one, so how do you tell?

So god wrote those?

a few alterations and errors to fit false council teachings to mislead by satans will.
So you agree that the bible ISN'T god's word, good for you.

Are we all god's children?

Few are Gods children--1John 3

My whole heart has wanted Him to reveal Himself to me for like forever. So far nothing. That's one of the reasons I ask everyone so many questions...

good to hear you seek him. One must go through Jesus to get to the Father-- that entails learning and applying every teaching he gave. Obeying him is proof of ones love.

Forum List

Back