What was the purpose of the "gain of function" research?

If something would have went wrong... You can't sue the company that made the vaccine. The FDA has not given it the green light to be treated like any other drug. Thus the Emergency Use Authorization.

Man... You have opinions without actually having knowledge. I appreciate that you ask questions. Let me get you a link to a news site you might actually read.

Relatively meaningless since Congress authorized it. We can't sue for wars, either.

What was the purpose of the "gain of function" research?​

They have already said... Just ... Not directly. They are trying to cure cancer. But it's going to be used as a last resort, because it's a bullshit answer. It's a fuck they got me, this is the last defense of what were doing kind of thing.
Uh, what? Gain of function research is to better understand and predict evolutionary routes.

It either occurred naturally or it must have been an accident.
Of course it wasn't meant to get out. Or... I believe that at any rate. I could be wrong.

However it's something that never should have happened, and could and should have been avoided. In my mind... this is an "accident" that you don't ever make because the repercussions you can see now.
Relatively meaningless since Congress authorized it.
To you... I'm ok with that. I still won't take it. I'm not trying to tell you what you should or shouldn't do. I'm telling you why I believe what I do. What you choose to do with that is up to you.

I only claim that vaccines have been effective at mitigating pandemics.
I was strictly referring to gain-of-function not traditional vaccine development per se. GoF should not be funded by the US government, nor risked by the scientific community. Good luck with putting the breaks on multiple teams going out to places like the Amazon Region actively seeking viruses, as long as they have the funding they are all in, even if the risk factors continue to outweigh what is learned. This is the main thing here, is this research/gained knowledge proving to be worth it? Keep in mind, not one GoF study has led to either knowledge of improved readiness or knowledge of stopping an outbreak from occurring. That's been reported by a few scientific sources (I posted one earlier) but I will look for more to back it up or refute it.

Uh, what? Gain of function research is to better understand and predict evolutionary routes.
Sure... Ok.

When they say it was for research for Cancer feel free to come back to this thread.

That doesn’t even make any sense.
I agree.

I'm not sure how you don't know this... But the DNC plays on emotions of people.. Not logic. Watch and see.

Edit: You are still in my sig for a reason. Post to me again.... I'll be banned again. You have the power here.

I was strictly referring to gain-of-function not traditional vaccine development per se. GoF should not be funded by the US government, nor risked by the scientific community. Good luck with putting the breaks on multiple teams going out to places like the Amazon Region actively seeking viruses, as long as they have the funding they are all in, even if the risk factors continue to outweigh what is learned. This is the main thing here, is this research/gained knowledge proving to be worth it? Keep in mind, not one GoF study has led to either knowledge of improved readiness or knowledge of stopping an outbreak from occurring. That's been reported by a few scientific sources (I posted one earlier) but I will look for more to back it up or refute it.
We also shouldn't have wars or fought a war over slavery.

We also shouldn't have wars or fought a war over slavery.
What? lol sorry...I was temporarily stunned to find another poster move away from the discussion than I tend to do at times when I "connect the dots" sometimes connecting microscopic dots together to circle back around lol Okay, so not sure how to connect your civil war comment to the covid topic but I'll give it a try. "US makes big decisions that have big consequences". Agreed:)

And there you go.
I forgot his pissy you get when people treat you with the same condescension you treat others with.

It makes absolutely no sense to tie cancer research to any of this research.

I'm not sure how you don't know this... But the DNC plays on emotions of people.. Not logic. Watch and see.
And the RNC doesn’t? No one played on people’s emotions more than Trump. He’d spent his entire career doing so and “wrote” books talking about how he does it.

I forgot his pissy you get when people treat you with the same condescension you treat others with.

It makes absolutely no sense to tie cancer research to any of this research.
If you don't get some friends fast... That is people who tell you the truth of what they think about your idiocy... I won't be here. I don't want to be here with the likes of your stupidity. It's too exhausting.

The mods better hurry up too... I'll force a perma rather than letting them decide. I'd rather not. But... Either you want me here or you don't.

Dr. Li-Meng Yan who was proven RIGHT about the virus being man-made after being called a conspiracy theorist last year, says THERE IS NO GOOD REASON for the gain of function research except to make it into a bioweapon.

We already saw the CCP intellectual bragging they "won the biological war."

Yet demented liberals still go down the Jonestown path with the kill shots, just as their masters are telling them too, rather than see they have been brutally attacked by a foreign power with the treasonous assistance of many of their own leaders.

So, why did Dr Fauci fund the Covid "gain of function" in China?

What was the real purpose of the research?

U.S. population growth is slowing, approaching zero, and even reversing in half of all states in 2020, The Wall Street Journal reported.

Biden pitches a new Obamacare enrollment plan

Biden budget drops Hyde Amendment to allow public funding of abortion

For the tl;dr crowd...

7edea17c059ebeb0126349d2daa76b22ceecc74b88e4ff2313563276245885ca_1.jpg

Last edited:
If you don't get some friends fast... That is people who tell you the truth of what they think about your idiocy... I won't be here. I don't want to be here with the likes of your stupidity. It's too exhausting.

The mods better hurry up too... I'll force a perma rather than letting them decide. I'd rather not. But... Either you want me here or you don't.
You post nonsense and pretend that everyone is stupid for calling it out because you cannot comprehend that you dont know what you’re talking about.

And then you really start to troll because you don’t have the capability to do anything else.

You post nonsense and pretend that everyone is stupid for calling it out because you cannot comprehend that you dont know what you’re talking about.
You missed the part where I agreed with you. Not surprising.
And then you really start to troll because you don’t have the capability to do anything else.
Troll? Would someone who this guy likes explain to him what trolling is?

The fact that you don't... is why I'm getting banned now. I'm not going to deal with this type of bullshit. I want to make it absolutely clear to the mods why I'm leaving. You guys can ban me again for whatever time... Or it'll be perma.

and, of course, today's Democrats seek political power in order to reap economic profits, too.

The Clintons perfected the system of enriching themselves through the political system via the enormous sums they were given for speaking engagements by those their political policies enriched. Today, it is million dollar Hunter Biden art work, but the process is the same.
But the artwork links to the CIA, the Lincoln painting hanging (or was hanging) in the White House dining room. Only the more intelligent USMBers will discover that what badger is saying is true.

Forum List

Back