🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What We Fear from Trump, We've Already Seen from Clinton

georgephillip

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2009
Los Angeles, California
Dr. Jill Stein thinks those voters "choosing" Hillary over Trump are jumping from the political frying pan into the flames:

"Green Party presidential candidate Jill Stein takes aim at the presumptive nominees of both major parties, Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton. 'Trump says very scary things—deporting immigrants, massive militarism and ignoring the climate. Hillary, unfortunately, has a track record for doing all of those things,' Stein says. 'Hillary has supported the deportations of immigrants, opposed the refugees—women and children coming from Honduras, whose refugee crisis she was very much responsible for by giving a thumbs-up to this corporate coup in Honduras that has created the violence from which those refugees are fleeing.' Stein goes on to say, 'We see these draconian things that Donald Trump is talking about, we actually see Hillary Clinton doing.'"

Green Party's Jill Stein: What We Fear from Donald Trump, We Have Already Seen from Hillary Clinton | Democracy Now!

So I guess we can conclude that all Hillary voters should switch over to Jill Stein and because of Hillary's experience she should capture those who were planning on voting for Trump. How helpful, before reading this I was so confused.

So I guess we can conclude that all Hillary voters should switch over to Jill Stein and because of Hillary's experience she should capture those who were planning on voting for Trump. How helpful, before reading this I was so confused.
If Dr. Jill is correct about the lesser of two evils leading to a "choice" between Hillary or Trump, do you think her solution of ranked choice voting offers a possible cure?
Green Party's Jill Stein: What We Fear from Donald Trump, We Have Already Seen from Hillary Clinton | Democracy Now!

"So you can’t get where you want to go through the lesser evil. At the end of the day, you’ve got to stand up.

"But we could fix this right now simply by passing ranked choice voting, which takes the fear out of voting. If you can’t put your values into your vote, we don’t have a democracy.

"Ranked choice voting says you can rank your first choice first, and if your first choice doesn’t make it, is eliminated and loses, your vote is automatically reassigned to your second choice.

"This is used in cities across the country.

"My campaign actually proposed this in the Massachusetts Legislature through a progressive Democratic representative back in 2002 in the first race that I ran. I was running for governor.

"We proposed that bill, filed it, so that there would be no splitting of the vote. The Democrats refused to let it out of committee.

"And that tells you something very important: They rely on fear.

"They don’t want you to vote your values.

"They need to use the scary tactic of, 'Oh, the other guy is worse.' Why is that? Because at the end of the day, they are not on your side. They need you to be afraid of them, because they are not for you. That alone speaks volumes about how far we are going to get."

Dr. Jill on the politics of fear:
"...this is a unique moment now. We’ve never been here in history before. What we are facing, you know, is not just a question of what kind of world we want to be, but whether we will be a world at all, the way the nuclear arms race has been re-engaged, the way Hillary Clinton wants to create an air war over Syria through a no-fly zone against another nuclear-armed power—that is, Russia—the climate crisis, where the day of reckoning is coming closer and closer all the time. We can’t keep using this failed policy of silencing ourselves with this politics of fear. It’s time to forget the lesser evil, stand up and fight for the greater good like our lives depend on it, because they do."

Trump is unacceptable.

If you can't stand HRC either, then vote for Gary Johnson

Forum List

Back