What we need to know about gun violence

Nosmo King

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2009
Buckle of the Rust Belt
How do criminals get their weapons? When someone dies from gun fire, other than suicide or accidental discharge, is the shooter always a criminal before the gun fires? Often I read posts from gun lovers who blame gun deaths on criminals. Well, we might safely assume the the shooter is a criminal after they shoot someone, but are they always criminals before hand?

If we accept the premise forwarded by the gun lovers that no laws can prevent or curb our current blight of gun violence, what proposals would they proffer to stem the tide of gun violence? Can the proposition of flooding our streets with guns actually make us safer? If this were true, given the facts that we have a population of 300,000,000 and a public gun inventory of 300,000,000 shouldn't we be as safe as we can possibly be?

So, to recap, how do criminals get guns, is every shooter of humans a criminal, and with the 1:1 ratio of guns to Americans, why aren't we safe from gun violence?

How do criminals get their weapons? When someone dies from gun fire, other than suicide or accidental discharge, is the shooter always a criminal before the gun fires? Often I read posts from gun lovers who blame gun deaths on criminals. Well, we might safely assume the the shooter is a criminal after they shoot someone, but are they always criminals before hand?

If we accept the premise forwarded by the gun lovers that no laws can prevent or curb our current blight of gun violence, what proposals would they proffer to stem the tide of gun violence? Can the proposition of flooding our streets with guns actually make us safer? If this were true, given the facts that we have a population of 300,000,000 and a public gun inventory of 300,000,000 shouldn't we be as safe as we can possibly be?

So, to recap, how do criminals get guns, is every shooter of humans a criminal, and with the 1:1 ratio of guns to Americans, why aren't we safe from gun violence?

Only if it's an unjustified shooting provable in court.

This is a nonissue, the country has much bigger fish to fry.
Shitty criminal control... End of story.

Since most gun deaths are suicide and gang related, what do you think we should do?
First I think we should understand where those gangs are obtaining guns.
black market
People breaking laws we already have
What means should law enforcement apply to stopping those purchases that will not offend the NRA and those who believe that any gun purchase is a constitutionally protected right?

Crime involving a firearm

First offence--min 10 years

Second offence-- min 25 years

no plea bargaining

Since most gun deaths are suicide and gang related, what do you think we should do?
black market
What means should law enforcement apply to stopping those purchases that will not offend the NRA and those who believe that any gun purchase is a constitutionally protected right?
How do you make more laws to make the breaking of laws we have unlawful?
I don't believe the NRA supports illegal purchases of firearms. Maybe they do.. Can you point me to that?

black market
You're barking up the wrong tree, criminal control needs to be addressed that is the source of the crimes, not firearms.

black market
I don't believe the NRA supports illegal purchases of firearms. Maybe they do.. Can you point me to that?
Are you positive that gangs get their guns via a black market? Could the be getting them by way of strawman purchases at gun shows? How hard would it be to have a dupe buy Glocks at a gun show and drive them into south Chicago?

Is it absolutely true that gang guns are obtained through some black market scheme

We should know how they get their guns without doubt before we give up on preventing them from getting them. Only effective means will work, shrugging shoulders and giving up hasn't been too effective so far.

Doesn't matter where they are getting them, even if you outright banned the manufacture and sale of guns , how hard do you think they are to manufacture and/or import illegally?... remember what happened with the Volstead Act in the 1920's?

The import question is: Why do some people feel the need to resort to violence against others? Therein lies the path to the root cause.

All this nonsense about "gun control" is just so much chitter-chatter by authoritarians using FUD as a tool to divide and control the citizenry.

black market
You're barking up the wrong tree, criminal control needs to be addressed that is the source of the crimes, not firearms.
Firearms are the tools of the trade for gangs. I understand that you have had pleasurable experiences with guns. The same cannot be said for the victims of gunfire.

black market
Are you positive that gangs get their guns via a black market? Could the be getting them by way of strawman purchases at gun shows? How hard would it be to have a dupe buy Glocks at a gun show and drive them into south Chicago?

Is it absolutely true that gang guns are obtained through some black market scheme

We should know how they get their guns without doubt before we give up on preventing them from getting them. Only effective means will work, shrugging shoulders and giving up hasn't been too effective so far.
so strawman purchases are legal? If not, how do we make strawman purchases more illegal?

black market

No gangbangers are buying overpriced firearms at gun shows. Dumbass

You know nothing of firearms...

Doesn't matter where they are getting them, even if you outright banned the manufacture and sale of guns , how hard do you think they are to manufacture and/or import illegally?... remember what happened with the Volstead Act in the 1920's?

The import question is: Why do some people feel the need to resort to violence against others? Therein lies the path to the root cause.

All this nonsense about "gun control" is just so much chitter-chatter by authoritarians using FUD as a tool to divide and control the citizenry.
Making a semi-automatic hand gun is tougher than making bath tub gin. Guns and liquor are false analogies. Why are there so many guns on the streets? Artisan gun makers in the ghetto? C'mon!

black market
Firearms are the tools of the trade for gangs. I understand that you have had pleasurable experiences with guns. The same cannot be said for the victims of gunfire.
Ya, they are my livelihood. Aside from that they are vital to the American culture.
BTW criminals kill people not guns. Dumbass

black market

No gangbangers are buying overpriced firearms at gun shows. Dumbass

You know nothing of firearms...
Gangbangers are not underpaid. They are rolling in cash. You have never ventured outside the trailer park, have you?

Because the problem isn't the number of guns. It's the number of loons and the number of criminals.

Forum List

Back