What we need to know about gun violence

Since most gun deaths are suicide and gang related, what do you think we should do?
First I think we should understand where those gangs are obtaining guns.
black market
People breaking laws we already have
What means should law enforcement apply to stopping those purchases that will not offend the NRA and those who believe that any gun purchase is a constitutionally protected right?
You're barking up the wrong tree, criminal control needs to be addressed that is the source of the crimes, not firearms.
Firearms are the tools of the trade for gangs. I understand that you have had pleasurable experiences with guns. The same cannot be said for the victims of gunfire.
you mean the ones that use their own gun to blow their head off?
Or the gang members that are getting shot?

Since most gun deaths are suicide and gang related, what do you think we should do?
Doesn't matter where they are getting them, even if you outright banned the manufacture and sale of guns , how hard do you think they are to manufacture and/or import illegally?... remember what happened with the Volstead Act in the 1920's?

The import question is: Why do some people feel the need to resort to violence against others? Therein lies the path to the root cause.

All this nonsense about "gun control" is just so much chitter-chatter by authoritarians using FUD as a tool to divide and control the citizenry.
Making a semi-automatic hand gun is tougher than making bath tub gin. Guns and liquor are false analogies. Why are there so many guns on the streets? Artisan gun makers in the ghetto? C'mon!
Most illegal arms come from south of the border. Dumbass

black market
What means should law enforcement apply to stopping those purchases that will not offend the NRA and those who believe that any gun purchase is a constitutionally protected right?
How do you make more laws to make the breaking of laws we have unlawful?
I don't believe the NRA supports illegal purchases of firearms. Maybe they do.. Can you point me to that?
Are you positive that gangs get their guns via a black market? Could the be getting them by way of strawman purchases at gun shows? How hard would it be to have a dupe buy Glocks at a gun show and drive them into south Chicago?

Is it absolutely true that gang guns are obtained through some black market scheme

We should know how they get their guns without doubt before we give up on preventing them from getting them. Only effective means will work, shrugging shoulders and giving up hasn't been too effective so far.
so strawman purchases are legal? If not, how do we make strawman purchases more illegal?
There's that pesky gun show loophole. But tell the NRA and the gun lovers we need background checks at gun shows and all we hear is obstinate petulence.

black market
I don't believe the NRA supports illegal purchases of firearms. Maybe they do.. Can you point me to that?
Are you positive that gangs get their guns via a black market? Could the be getting them by way of strawman purchases at gun shows? How hard would it be to have a dupe buy Glocks at a gun show and drive them into south Chicago?

Is it absolutely true that gang guns are obtained through some black market scheme

We should know how they get their guns without doubt before we give up on preventing them from getting them. Only effective means will work, shrugging shoulders and giving up hasn't been too effective so far.
so strawman purchases are legal? If not, how do we make strawman purchases more illegal?
There's that pesky gun show loophole. But tell the NRA and the gun lovers we need background checks at gun shows and all we hear is obstinate petulence.
Can you show us this loophole please?

black market

There is no loophole. Dealers are required to do background checks. Private sales are between individuals, as they should be. There is a difference.

black market

I agree...as long as the government background checks are as accurate as they were for the San Bernadino shooters.

How do criminals get their weapons? When someone dies from gun fire, other than suicide or accidental discharge, is the shooter always a criminal before the gun fires? Often I read posts from gun lovers who blame gun deaths on criminals. Well, we might safely assume the the shooter is a criminal after they shoot someone, but are they always criminals before hand?

If we accept the premise forwarded by the gun lovers that no laws can prevent or curb our current blight of gun violence, what proposals would they proffer to stem the tide of gun violence? Can the proposition of flooding our streets with guns actually make us safer? If this were true, given the facts that we have a population of 300,000,000 and a public gun inventory of 300,000,000 shouldn't we be as safe as we can possibly be?

So, to recap, how do criminals get guns, is every shooter of humans a criminal, and with the 1:1 ratio of guns to Americans, why aren't we safe from gun violence?
Because the problem isn't the number of guns. It's the number of loons and the number of criminals.
So how can even more guns deliver safety? We have a gun for every American trigger finger, and yet we suffer from mass shootings, domestic gun fire violence, inner city drive by shootings. And we are told that "the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun."

Can you understand why so many intelligent people find this argument counterintuitive at best, specious and silly at its face and dangerously irresponsible at worst?

I agree...as long as the government background checks are as accurate as they were for the San Bernadino shooters.

I was given to believe the San Bernadino shooter got their firearms through a straw purchase.

Which is illegal in any state.

Doesn't matter where they are getting them, even if you outright banned the manufacture and sale of guns , how hard do you think they are to manufacture and/or import illegally?... remember what happened with the Volstead Act in the 1920's?

The import question is: Why do some people feel the need to resort to violence against others? Therein lies the path to the root cause.

All this nonsense about "gun control" is just so much chitter-chatter by authoritarians using FUD as a tool to divide and control the citizenry.
Making a semi-automatic hand gun is tougher than making bath tub gin.

Um no it isn't ... hell one can 3D print a working semi-automatic hand gun these days and building one in a garage with right off the hardware store shelf tools is simple for someone that knows what they're doing.

Guns and liquor are false analogies
Since when is comparing one gub'mint created black market to another gub'mint created black market a false analogy? "Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" -- Albert Einstein

Why are there so many guns on the streets?
What's the point of your question? From what I can see there aren't enough guns "on the streets" since much of the time it's UNARMED innocent people that get killed by ARMED criminals, sort of difficult to exercise your god given right of self defense if there are insurmountable obstacles to acquire the means to do so, right?

The best thing most regular Americans can do to protect themselves from the worry of being a victim of gun violence, is to turn off the TV. You're more likely to die driving to the store. You're more likely to accidentally poison yourself with something you bought at that store. Your more likely to trip and fall, and break your neck as you take something down to the basement of your house and kill yourself taking something you bought from the market down to the basement.

And if all of that doesn't kill you, you are still more likely to have a heart attack, die of cancer, or emphysema, or be so distraught worrying about guns that you kill yourself first. :laugh:

All of these are far more likely. So shut the TV off and quit watching the propaganda. This is the solution to gun control.

odds-of-dying-graphic.jpg

black market

Have you ever been to a gun show??
If you have you would know it's not a bargain barn, especially in the last seven years. If you're selling at gun shows you're getting top dollar.
No gangbangers are buying at top dollar when they can get bottom dollar Illegally south of the border from manufacturers in South America. Some of the largest manufacturers of firearms are in South America - very little regulation - low cost - lax laws.
Please educate yourself

Last edited:

You don't own a licensed gun shop. No brick and mortar store. But you own a pick up truck and a trailer. So you load them up with weapons, lease a table at a gun show and get to business. No background checks at the gun shows and weapons are bought COD. From there they hit the streets.

You don't own a licensed gun shop. No brick and mortar store. But you own a pick up truck and a trailer. So you load them up with weapons, lease a table at a gun show and get to business. No background checks at the gun shows and weapons are bought COD. From there they hit the streets.

No, thats not whats happening. Libs are always romanticizing bubba pulling up to the gun show and making a little cash selling to the hood. You guys are a hoot.

lol

How do criminals get their weapons? When someone dies from gun fire, other than suicide or accidental discharge, is the shooter always a criminal before the gun fires? Often I read posts from gun lovers who blame gun deaths on criminals. Well, we might safely assume the the shooter is a criminal after they shoot someone, but are they always criminals before hand?

If we accept the premise forwarded by the gun lovers that no laws can prevent or curb our current blight of gun violence, what proposals would they proffer to stem the tide of gun violence? Can the proposition of flooding our streets with guns actually make us safer? If this were true, given the facts that we have a population of 300,000,000 and a public gun inventory of 300,000,000 shouldn't we be as safe as we can possibly be?

So, to recap, how do criminals get guns, is every shooter of humans a criminal, and with the 1:1 ratio of guns to Americans, why aren't we safe from gun violence?
Because the problem isn't the number of guns. It's the number of loons and the number of criminals.
So how can even more guns deliver safety? We have a gun for every American trigger finger, and yet we suffer from mass shootings, domestic gun fire violence, inner city drive by shootings. And we are told that "the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun."

Can you understand why so many intelligent people find this argument counterintuitive at best, specious and silly at its face and dangerously irresponsible at worst?
Safety is a function of foolproof background checks, identification of the mentally unstable, and severe penalties for criminals with guns.

Making a semi-automatic hand gun is tougher than making bath tub gin.

Um no it isn't ... hell one can 3D print a working semi-automatic hand gun these days and building one in a garage with right off the hardware store shelf tools is simple for someone that knows what they're doing.

Guns and liquor are false analogies
Since when is comparing one gub'mint created black market to another gub'mint created black market a false analogy? "Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" -- Albert Einstein

Why are there so many guns on the streets?
What's the point of your question? From what I can see there aren't enough guns "on the streets" since much of the time it's UNARMED innocent people that get killed by ARMED criminals, sort of difficult to exercise your god given right of self defense if there are insurmountable obstacles to acquire the means to do so, right?

Agreed.

I have a buddy that got a domestic violence rap when he was on some mood stabilizers at age 17 when his mom called the fuzz on him. He is not allowed to own a gun. Totally insane for a guy in his mid thirties.

So he builds his own pieces. According to law, he is allowed to do that.

I am baffled by that. I'm like? :wtf: He's an aficionado of guns. He's told me his lawyer says that he can now get that restriction removed, but he gets a kick out of seeing how many ways he can circumvent the "loop holes." Plus he doesn't feel like he should have to pay money to have his constitutional rights restored.

I think the whole thing is silly.

Your solution is like putting a bandaids on a broken arm, firearms are not the source of the problem. dumbass
More gun control laws are counterproductive at best, criminals love more laws they are in the business of breaking them. Dumbass

I was given to believe the San Bernadino shooter got their firearms through a straw purchase.

Which is illegal in any state.
I was thinking more about how the wife got here.

Are you stupid in the head?? You watch too much liberal tv, I have a firearms store there is very little difference between the two.
If you want the facts quit listening to Chris Mathews pee down his leg and try and sell firearms at a gun show yourself... It may look that easy on tv but in the real word it is nowhere near that easy. Dumbass

Vast majority of guns are obtained by stealing them from lawful gun owners. Others by straw purchases. Very small number through the "gun show loophole" which doesnt exist. Why should criminals buy guns when they can steal them instead?

Forum List

Back