🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What were you thinking?

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
The Land of Sanctuary
This post is primarily addressed to the left leaning contingent here. A few questions:

Remember all the times your elected officials begged Trump to work with them on actual policy, ranging from immigration reform, abortion, or gun control?

Remember not long ago those same people saying they wanted to work with him on trade and wrangling big tech?

In their fervor to impeach the president, did they forget about all of that?

How can they possibly work with someone they want thrown out of office?

How do they expect anyone, whether be it his party or he himself to work with the Democrats after all this?

I therefore posit, that, your Democratic elected officials, in their seething hatred of Trump, have destroyed any chance of there being any bipartisan cooperation on policy for as long as he remains president. You can't expect him to work with Democratic lawmakers after all the hell they're currently putting him through.

Last question, to the lawmakers themselves:

What were you thinking?

Last edited:
I'm thinking Trump can sit in the corner and hold his breath for as long as he wants. His tantrums are great entertainment.

I'm thinking Trump can sit in the corner and hold his breath for as long as he wants. His tantrums are great entertainment.

Ah, so you don't want anything to get done?

Oh cool.

Not real sure what I could do to get something done. Trump is the one pouting, and refusing to do his job. Things got done while Clinton was being impeached.

This post is primarily addressed to the left leaning contingent here. A few questions:

Remember all the times your elected officials begged Trump to work with them on actual policy, ranging from immigration reform, abortion, or gun control?

Remember not long ago those same people saying they wanted to work with him on trade and wrangling big tech?

How do they expect anyone, whether be it his party or he himself to work with the Democrats after all this?

I therefore posit, that, your Democratic elected officials, in their seething hatred of Trump, have destroyed any chance of there being any bipartisan cooperation on policy for as long as he remains president. You can't expect him to work with Democratic lawmakers after all the hell they're currently putting him through.

What were you thinking?
Clinton passed legislation with congress during his impeachment. He was able to separate the politics with the governing. Trump does not have that ability, everything is political. Nothings going to get done until he leaves. It’s sad but true.

What were you thinking?
Clinton passed legislation with congress during his impeachment. He was able to separate the politics with the governing. Trump does not have that ability, everything is political. Nothings going to get done until he leaves. It’s sad but true.

Clinton had a willing house (GOP) that worked with him on legislation.

Clinton threw the left wing under the bus (they've never forgiven him).

Trump has an unwilling congress with elements that are extreme left.

Now, you go figure it out.

Clinton passed legislation with congress during his impeachment.

Of course, because he had a congress willing to work with him despite his flaws and his obvious willingness to lie to the American public, unlike the Democratic congress of today. Yeah, Trump is as much of a liar as Clinton was, but with the distinct difference that he did nothing which warrants impeachment.

After they impeached him, that was another story. Any chance of legislative progress the Republicans had thereafter was completely eradicated.

Not real sure what I could do to get something done. Trump is the one pouting, and refusing to do his job. Things got done while Clinton was being impeached.

You know what would be cool? If the Democrats didn't repay a tantrum with another tantrum.

If they really wanted to make him look bad, they could be doing something productive while he sits there and makes an idiot out of himself.

Instead we have a president and a congress screaming at each other like schoolyard kids.

What were you thinking?

And how do you think Clinton acted towards his congress compared to how Trump treats his?

Demeaning and childish or mature and like a statesman?

What were you thinking?

And how do you think Clinton acted towards his congress compared to a Trump?

Clinton embraced them.

They embraced him.

Clinton wasn't elected by the far left like trump was elected by the far right.

So while, your question has nothing to do with my reply, it is clear Clinton did a better job.

I don't like Trump as a person.

But I got what I wanted (2 scotus judges).

What were you thinking?

Clinton embraced them.

They embraced him.

So while, your question has nothing to do with my reply, it is clear Clinton did a better job.

Right, but the OP was asking how dems can expect to work with Trump while impeaching him. So I was pointing out that it can and has been done. But with Trumps ego and thin skin and relationship with congress, there is no ways it’s happening with him. The great deal maker ain’t that great at deals. Too many burnt bridges

He's not sitting in a corner. He's appointing judges, building border walls, deporting illegals, taking on unfair trading partners and has been the best president for black Americans since Lincoln.

What were you thinking?

Clinton embraced them.

They embraced him.

Right, but the OP was asking how dems can expect to work with Trump while impeaching him. So I was pointing out that it can and has been done. But with Trumps ego and thin skin and relationship with congress, there is no ways it’s happening with him. The great deal maker ain’t that great at deals. Too many burnt bridges

How do Republicans work with Democrats who clearly represent the interests of foreign migrants over the interests of average Americans?

What were you thinking?

Clinton embraced them.

They embraced him.

It wasn't the "far right" that elected Trump, it was average, political independents in swing states that were disenfranchised by the Obama economy.

What were you thinking?

The house is offering to work with him, especially on gun control. He;s pouting.

What is it that has to be done in America that Trump can't or won't do? Clinton was a great president. But Trump is great too. In the time of Clinton, the world was different, and Clinton had a lot if work to do. But in the 21st century, the American presidency has a rather Disney style role instead of political agenda. For example, during Clinton, turning national debt into national surplus was a coveted achievement. In the 21st century, national surplus is a threat that future elections can spend against any incumbent.

Clinton embraced them.

They embraced him.

How do Republicans work with Democrats who clearly represent the interests of foreign migrants over the interests of average Americans?
They listen to their opponents position with an earnest attempt to understand what they want to do and then they find common ground.

What were you thinking?

Clinton embraced them.

They embraced him.

It wasn't the "far right" that elected Trump, it was average, political independents in swing states that were disenfranchised by the Obama economy.
You’re right... but those are the ones that are long gone by now. The far right is what he has left.

You know what would be cool? If the Democrats didn't repay a tantrum with another tantrum.

If they really wanted to make him look bad, they could be doing something productive while he sits there and makes an idiot out of himself.

Instead we have a president and a congress screaming at each other like schoolyard kids.

What would be cool is if YOUR president would stop his tantrum and work with them like they are offering.

What would be cool is if YOUR president would stop his tantrum and work with them like they are offering.

Here's the thing, he's already tried that. He tried to work with them on immigration, the thumbed their noses up at him. You don't go stepping on the same snake twice.

Forum List

Back