🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What were you thinking?

I'm thinking Trump can sit in the corner and hold his breath for as long as he wants. His tantrums are great entertainment.

He's not sitting in a corner. He's appointing judges, building border walls, deporting illegals, taking on unfair trading partners and has been the best president for black Americans since Lincoln.

He's tweeting and pouting.

Clinton passed legislation with congress during his impeachment. He was able to separate the politics with the governing. Trump does not have that ability, everything is political. Nothings going to get done until he leaves. It’s sad but true.

Clinton had a willing house (GOP) that worked with him on legislation.

Clinton threw the left wing under the bus (they've never forgiven him).

Trump has an unwilling congress with elements that are extreme left.

Now, you go figure it out.
And how do you think Clinton acted towards his congress compared to a Trump?

Demeaning and childish or mature and like a statesman?

Clinton embraced them.

They embraced him.

Clinton wasn't elected by the far left like trump was elected by the far right.

So while, your question has nothing to do with my reply, it is clear Clinton did a better job.

I don't like Trump as a person.

But I got what I wanted (2 scotus judges).

It wasn't the "far right" that elected Trump, it was average, political independents in swing states that were disenfranchised by the Obama economy.
You’re right... but those are the ones that are long gone by now. The far right is what he has left.

What is your definition of "far right"?

I'm thinking Trump can sit in the corner and hold his breath for as long as he wants. His tantrums are great entertainment.

He's not sitting in a corner. He's appointing judges, building border walls, deporting illegals, taking on unfair trading partners and has been the best president for black Americans since Lincoln.

Why do you care more about the Democratic Party than average Americans? Serious question.

Not real sure what I could do to get something done. Trump is the one pouting, and refusing to do his job. Things got done while Clinton was being impeached.

You know what would be cool? If the Democrats didn't repay a tantrum with another tantrum.

If they really wanted to make him look bad, they could be doing something productive while he sits there and makes an idiot out of himself.

Instead we have a president and a congress screaming at each other like schoolyard kids.

What would be cool is if YOUR president would stop his tantrum and work with them like they are offering.

Here's the thing, he's already tried that. He tried to work with them on immigration, the thumbed their noses up at him. You don't go stepping on the same snake twice.

You mean like the time he agreed to go with DACA, but changed his mind the next day?

Why do you care more about the Democratic Party than average Americans? Serious question.

I don't care about the Democratic party. They happen to support what I support. That's all.

What would be cool is if YOUR president would stop his tantrum and work with them like they are offering.

Here's the thing, he's already tried that. He tried to work with them on immigration, the thumbed their noses up at him. You don't go stepping on the same snake twice.

You mean when he said he would shut the government down and take credit for shutting the government down, but then changed his mind and said that the Democrats owned the shutdown, and then finally caved and ended the government shutdown when it became apparent that he wasn't going to be able to pout his way to victory?

...because that seemed like a tantrum to me.

Was that plan highlighted in "Art of the deal"?

I don't care about the Democratic party. They happen to support what I support. That's all.

I support the concept of improving the lives of average Americans like me. What do you support?

I support the concept of improving the lives of average Americans like me. What do you support?

Lots of things, I support the concept of improving the lives of all Americans, even if they aren't just like me.

Lots of things, I support the concept of improving the lives of all Americans, even if they aren't just like me.

Why then do you support policies and politicians that diminish our quality of life? Open borders? 23 million illegals that take money out of our pockets. Corrupt government officials that sell favors for self-enrichment at the expense of average Americans. You support all of that. Why?

Why then do you support policies and politicians that diminish our quality of life? Open borders? 23 million illegals that take money out of our pockets. Corrupt government officials that sell favors for self-enrichment at the expense of average Americans. You support all of that. Why?

One thing at a time goober. when did I say I wanted open borders? We'll get to the rest of your goofy accusations later.

One thing at a time goober. when did I say I wanted open borders? We'll get to the rest of your goofy accusations later.

The Democratic Party is about open borders. Had Hillary been elected she would have brought in hundreds-of-thousands of Syrians which would have cost us tens of BILLIONS of dollars. I have no doubt that you voted for her just as you vote for all of the other Democrats that support open borders. Then, you come onto this forum and bash Trump. You're obviously not interested in improving the standard of living of average Americans. Your loyalty is to the Democratic Party - period.

You mean when he said he would shut the government down and take credit for shutting the government down, but then changed his mind and said that the Democrats owned the shutdown, and then finally caved and ended the government shutdown when it became apparent that he wasn't going to be able to pout his way to victory?

Yeah, a tantrum, just like this one. Rewind to 2016, when Democrats didn't get their way on gun control. When there were no other options left open to them, they sat on the floor and whined like young children. But yeah, you have soooo much room to judge Trump for his temperament.

Last edited:

Also, you seem to be (wilfully) missing the part where he invited Schumer and Pelosi to the White House to negotiate. They met his willingness to talk with nothing but contempt. Essentially throwing tantrums of their own. Is that tactic highlighted in the Progressive agenda? Well... yes it is actually.

Oh, and your sarcasm is so refreshing. It adds so much to this discussion.

No, not really. It makes you look like a moron.

Poor Trump. He's just the victim here. He's been so nice. So respectful. So presidential. And they do this to him.

And just look at how cooperative and helpful the Republicans were with Obama. And this is the thanks they get!

This has to be a joke. Partisan politics itself has to be one big freaking joke, and no one told me.

Well, lets clear this matter up here and now.

Do you support open borders or do you support enforcing the border?

Let's start there.

Poor Trump. He's just the victim here. He's been so nice. So respectful. So presidential. And they do this to him.

And just look at how cooperative and helpful the Republicans were with Obama. And this is the thanks they get!

This has to be a joke. Partisan politics itself has to be one big freaking joke, and no one told me.

Yeah, abandon hope all ye who enter here. For it is wrong to demand decency from either side.

This post is primarily addressed to the left leaning contingent here. A few questions:

Remember all the times your elected officials begged Trump to work with them on actual policy, ranging from immigration reform, abortion, or gun control?

Remember not long ago those same people saying they wanted to work with him on trade and wrangling big tech?

In their fervor to impeach the president, did they forget about all of that?

How can they possibly work with someone they want thrown out of office?

How do they expect anyone, whether be it his party or he himself to work with the Democrats after all this?

I therefore posit, that, your Democratic elected officials, in their seething hatred of Trump, have destroyed any chance of there being any bipartisan cooperation on policy for as long as he remains president. You can't expect him to work with Democratic lawmakers after all the hell they're currently putting him through.

Last question, to the lawmakers themselves:

What were you thinking?

They have outed themselves--they are what most of us have known for a long time.

They have absolute contempt for the American people. They are about their own power, their own fortunes.

They can't be "worked with". They can only be utterly defeated. It's the only language they understand.

Yeah, a tantrum, just like this one. Rewind to 2016, when Democrats didn't get their way on gun control. When there were no other options left open to them, they sat on the floor and whined like young children. But yeah, you have soooo much room to judge Trump for his temperament.

Correct - both sides have thrown tantrums.

Elijah Cummings and friends threw a tantrum there. Trump threw a tantrum when he shut the government down over immigration.

Winner.

Forum List

Back