What Will It Take For McCarthy To Take The Hint?

According to your boy Hannity of FOXNEWS fame, he's asking what will it take for Bobo and her 19 co-horts to take the hint...

So who's wrong here, Hannity or Bobo and her 19 far rightwing co-horts?

#LOLGOP #TooFunny #CLASSIC

There’s why I haven’t watched or listened to Sean since I left his website

According to your boy Hannity of FOXNEWS fame, he's asking what will it take for Bobo and her 19 co-horts to take the hint...

So who's wrong here, Hannity or Bobo and her 19 far rightwing co-horts?

#LOLGOP #TooFunny #CLASSIC

OMG She's so fucking annoying! Take a breath Lauren and answer directly: McCarthy is Nancy Lite

He's siding with what he perceives as the mainstream of the Republican Party, as he always has.

Hannity is wrong. Very wrong. Here is his wrong demand that he stated twice:

Kevin McCarthy has two hundred and two, three votes, you have twenty. Isn't it time for you, your side to pack it in?

He doesn't get, or pretends that he doesn't get the purpose of the opposition to McCarthy. "Her side" isn't trying to get another speaker elected. They are trying to get the presumed speaker to agree to be a freaking Republican. How hard are these simple and obvious demands?

Republicans hold a slim 222-212 majority in the House, meaning that only a few hold-outs in the caucus can obstruct the speaker vote. One core demand from the detractors is that McCarthy reinstate a rule that allows any single lawmaker to make a “motion to vacate the chair” — in short, to call a vote to remove the speaker from office.

The New York Times reported Tuesday that members of the House Freedom Caucus, which includes Boebert, are also demanding that McCarthy hold votes on a series of bills, including legislation that would require term limits for members of Congress, a balanced federal budget and fortifying security at the southwestern border.

Those sound like perfectly reasonable conditions for giving him the job that puts him in control of the congressional agenda, as well as next in line in case a tragedy should befall both Biden and Harris. They sound like the kind of demands Republicans might make if they were needed to elect a Democratic Speaker.

Which demand exactly is McCarthy so opposed to that he is willing to stall his own ascension to the Speaker position?

Term limits? Security at the border? A balanced budget? They're not even demanding that he push those laws through, just that he allow a vote for them.

The Times reported that before the vote, McCarthy privately made the case that the lawmakers opposing him were selfishly disrupting what was supposed to be a day of unity for their own personal gain.

“I earned this job,” he said.

That sounds like McCarthy making it personal, not those who don't actually oppose him, but want him to be a leader for all Republicans, not just the RINO's eager to cave to Democrats at every turn.

How exactly did he "earn this job?" I'd love for one of his Democratic cheerleaders on this forum to explain that. Please be specific.

For his Republican cheerleaders, what bills has he sponsored that he should be most proud of? What were his accomplishments as minority leader? How'd you like his handling of the Jan 6 Committee?

Bobo needs to stick to her guns. Give McCarthy a choice: cut a deal with Republicans or cut a deal with Democrats. Doing the latter will reveal his true colors.
What hasn't Kevin agreed to from the 20 hostage-takers in the Republican Party?

"McCarthy is not cutting a deal with Republicans, he is cutting a deal with a small extreme group that does not reflect the rest of the party"

No
The 20 Represent the will of Republican Voters
the 200 Represent the will of each other.

What hasn't Kevin agreed to from the 20 hostage-takers in the Republican Party?
One core demand from the detractors is that McCarthy reinstate a rule that allows any single lawmaker to make a “motion to vacate the chair” — in short, to call a vote to remove the speaker from office.

The New York Times reported Tuesday that members of the House Freedom Caucus, which includes Boebert, are also demanding that McCarthy hold votes on a series of bills, including legislation that would require term limits for members of Congress, a balanced federal budget and fortifying security at the southwestern border.

Seem reasonable to me, and a tiny price to pay to be Speaker of the House. Is he really going to just be stubborn and watch Jim Jordan get the gavel?

And people say Trump has an ego . . . .

View attachment 745006

View attachment 745007

If you were arrested and sent to prison,

View attachment 745008
Eh..I disagree. Apparently over 200 of the voting member do like him...its these 20 or so that either want special favors for themselves, or just don't want him. At some point, those 20 are going to ask themselves if their desires are more important than the rest of the republican desires...and more important than getting a congress seated for the country

Eh..I disagree. Apparently over 200 of the voting member do like him...its these 20 or so that either want special favors for themselves, or just don't want him. At some point, those 20 are going to ask themselves if their desires are more important than the rest of the republican desires...and more important than getting a congress seated for the country

The 20 represent the Republican Voters throughout the country.

The 200 represent each other and their pals in DC.

The 20 are asking for things that Republicans (and Independents and Democrats say that they) want).

The 20 represent the Republican Voters throughout the country.

The 200 represent each other and their pals in DC.

The 20 are asking for things that Republicans (and Independents and Democrats say that they) want).

That wasn't my point, my point was, that apparently the majority of repubs in congress do like McCarthy.

That interview was Hannity at his worst.
Yes, he acted just like some Democrat activist/jounalist when they interview a Republican or - if there ever is one - a dissident Democrat. Asking the same question and interrupting her when she tried to answer, getting mad at her, and trying to get her to defend the point he wanted her to be making instead of the point she is making.

She never said that she had a candidate who has enough votes to be speaker. She said that McCarthy does not have enough votes to be speaker, which has been proven in what? Six votes now? It is time for McCarthy to make a change. Either negotiate seriously with the people who are willing and able to hold up his coveted speakership, or step down and let someone else have a crack at it.

Clearly, the establishment GOP thinks it can get back to the "good old days" of cutting deals with Dems, appeasing the MSM, and enjoying fooling people who vote for Republicans because they think the Republicans are fighting for them. If those twenty are standing in the way of that, and their voters, for whatever reason, are eager to go back to being used by GOP politicians, they will lose in 2024.

After all both the MSM and Fox keep mentioning that Bobo "barely won." As if all the other congressmen won in landslides . . .

The system is supposed to be contentious. The devastating legislation they keep passing should be contended like this. Here is a reality check -

Well, most of the citizenry is ignorant then--which I knew. These grifters rarely show up to work, rarely READ what they pass, and take much $$ from lobbyists. And bloviate. That's their "job".

And Nancy P is out on Twitter crying about the "insurrection" and chiding us about respecting Congress. Not when you act like a bunch of baboons we won't.

"Special favors for themselves?"

How is border security a "special favor" for a small group of people?

Forum List

Back