What Will It Take For McCarthy To Take The Hint?

Being on the right committees with the right people is how legislation gets written to further agendas.
These 20 are looking to ensure that proper progress is made.
I guess I just feel that nobody is entitled to a committee assignment, especially so much so that they will stymie the entire political process so they can get what they want. That's called....spoiled....

Being on the right committees with the right people is how legislation gets written to further agendas.
They are selling out their nation to enrich their own lives and fortunes. That isnt progress.

McCarthy could make a deal with the Democrats.

No "Do what I say or I'll destroy the USA!" debt limit showdowns, none of the 20 traitor seditionist maniacs heading committees, and the Dems would back him.

He's not that desperate yet, but wait and see. It is, after all, what most Americans support. Traitors, of course, will obviously disagree, but since they're traitors, no one cares.

The conservative commentators who have besmirched and excoriated the conservative congressmen who have the temerity to force the GOP to represent its actual voters should take a long, hard look in the mirror. As the character Harvey Dent said in an apposite line from the 2008 film “The Dark Knight”: “You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.”

House Republicans have plenty of time to elect a speaker; with a Democrat-controlled Senate, the odds of passing meaningful legislation are vanishingly low anyway. Here’s hoping the holdouts stay strong, and that the next House speaker who emerges from this mess is someone more conservative than Kevin McCarthy.

Josh Hammer

The conservative commentators who have besmirched and excoriated the conservative congressmen who have the temerity to force the GOP to represent its actual voters
Even GOP voters don't support the "Do as we say or we'll destroy the US economy!" tactic that your pals are promising to unleash.

Before your pals used it, no group in the history of the USA had ever used that sort of economic terrorism before. Why do you think you're justified in using it?

They are 20 people looking to jump the line over more capable candidates

The conservative commentators who have besmirched and excoriated the conservative congressmen who have the temerity to force the GOP to represent its actual voters should take a long, hard look in the mirror. As the character Harvey Dent said in an apposite line from the 2008 film “The Dark Knight”: “You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.”

House Republicans have plenty of time to elect a speaker; with a Democrat-controlled Senate, the odds of passing meaningful legislation are vanishingly low anyway. Here’s hoping the holdouts stay strong, and that the next House speaker who emerges from this mess is someone more conservative than Kevin McCarthy.

Josh Hammer
with a Democrat-controlled Senate, the odds of passing meaningful legislation are vanishingly low anyway.

So, at the end of the day, it doesn't really matter what speaker is elected anyway then. These gop members can still represent their voters, through the normal legislative process. What they are doing here is "give me what I want, or I'll hold up the process". If mccarthy caves to them, he may step on the toes of someone else, who then may not vote for him. If mccarthy steps down and someone else is tries, then this whole process starts over.

One thing is certain, while they are in deadlock, they are certainly not doing anything for the country.

So, at the end of the day, it doesn't really matter what speaker is elected anyway then. These gop members can still represent their voters, through the normal legislative process. What they are doing here is "give me what I want, or I'll hold up the process". If mccarthy caves to them, he may step on the toes of someone else, who then may not vote for him. If mccarthy steps down and someone else is tries, then this whole process starts over.

One thing is certain, while they are in deadlock, they are certainly not doing anything for the country.

Not doing anything "to harm the country"
Fixed it for you.

Even GOP voters don't support the "Do as we say or we'll destroy the US economy!" tactic that your pals are promising to unleash.

Before your pals used it, no group in the history of the USA had ever used that sort of economic terrorism before. Why do you think you're justified in using it?

Well, since it not actually a thing -

Who is it that you see doing that?
We dont know who was given which commitees specifically. They dont publicize the deals being made. All we know is that a shitload of people are being bribed with positions, which is how Congress has been run for decades.

We dont know who was given which commitees specifically. They dont publicize the deals being made. All we know is that a shitload of people are being bribed with positions, which is how Congress has been run for decades.

That is a wildly inaccurate way to describe it.

LOL

Fruitcake's homosexual tendencies get exposed and all he can do is parrot Peewee Herman with an, I know you are but what am I, witless retort.

Can't you do better, lyin nazi?

Farouk can't quit USMB - he doesn't want to leave MarcATL 's behind....

When Farouk make a decision - well - the hive makes all decisions for Farouk - but IF fawn ever made a decision, he'd apply WWAHD?

What would Adolf Hitler Do? And you know, that IS what Farouk does - because the Reich that programs him has the same test...

McCarthy could make a deal with the Democrats.

That would be political suicide
No "Do what I say or I'll destroy the USA!" debt limit showdowns, none of the 20 traitor seditionist maniacs heading committees, and the Dems would back him.

Right, let the Nazis spend us into oblivion with no checks at all. Just a blank check to the income of every American.
He's not that desperate yet, but wait and see. It is, after all, what most Americans support. Traitors, of course, will obviously disagree, but since they're traitors, no one cares.

You're not going to get to rape every American taxpayer the way you dream of.

Forum List

Back