🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What will republicans do first?

Freemason9
Yes clinton was white. I do appreciate your pointing out that President obama is not, but that fact matters only to Liberals who use his race as a bludgeon on anyone who opposes his agenda.

Oh and don't forget: The country just elected a Congress far to the right of POTUS because our citizens are by and large, far to the right of POTUS.

First? They'll run amok in the Capitol stealing the signs under Reid's office door reading Majority Leader and running catterwalling down the halls squeeling with glee. :)

What Republicans can do.....
Pass immigration reform
Pass a jobs bill
Rewrite the tax code

What Republicans will do
Nothing

Does whine, blame and complain about Obama constituent doing "nothing"?
Them poor fucking Republicans, even when they "win" they are losers.

Republicans have a two year window of opportunity to shape important legislation that will set policy for decades. To do that, they will have to make "some" compromises with the President
Given the current state of the GOP where any compromise with Obama is unacceptable, Republicans will blow their chances
President obama hasa two year window of opportunity to shape important legislation that will salvage his legacy and set policy for decades. To do that, he will have to make "some" compromises with Congress.

Given the current mindset of the President where any compromise with the oposition is unacceptable, President obama will blow his chances.

Fixed it for you....
Bill clinton was able to work with a GOP Congress and was able to take credit for some meaningful legislation. Because of that, he ended up with a fair legacy. I doubt the ego-maniacal asshole in the big chair now has that in him.

You can be sure Obama has more incentive to work with Republicans. What does he have to lose?

If you want to talk legacy, talk Obamacare. Killing it is off the table. If Republicans keep sending kill Obamacare bills up for signature, they can be sure that those bills and anything else they send will be vetoed

Do you realize that every newly elected GOP Senator ran on repealing obamacare?
What you think is now irrelevant. What is relevant is the country is tired with hope and change and just said, "Change it back."

First? They'll run amok in the Capitol stealing the signs under Reid's office door reading Majority Leader and running catterwalling down the halls squeeling with glee. :)

Actually no, they won't They may remove Mt Reid's name from the door and put it on the office of the Senate minority leader, but the office is no longer his.

What Republicans can do.....
Pass immigration reform
Pass a jobs bill
Rewrite the tax code

What Republicans will do
Nothing

Republicans have a two year window of opportunity to shape important legislation that will set policy for decades. To do that, they will have to make "some" compromises with the President
Given the current state of the GOP where any compromise with Obama is unacceptable, Republicans will blow their chances
President obama hasa two year window of opportunity to shape important legislation that will salvage his legacy and set policy for decades. To do that, he will have to make "some" compromises with Congress.

Given the current mindset of the President where any compromise with the oposition is unacceptable, President obama will blow his chances.

Fixed it for you....
Bill clinton was able to work with a GOP Congress and was able to take credit for some meaningful legislation. Because of that, he ended up with a fair legacy. I doubt the ego-maniacal asshole in the big chair now has that in him.

You can be sure Obama has more incentive to work with Republicans. What does he have to lose?

If you want to talk legacy, talk Obamacare. Killing it is off the table. If Republicans keep sending kill Obamacare bills up for signature, they can be sure that those bills and anything else they send will be vetoed

What you think is now irrelevant. What is relevant is the country is tired with hope and change and just said, "Change it back."
Talk about beating a dead horse

If Republicans want to spend the next two years crafting kill Obamacare legislation, they can kiss away the chances of passing any other legislation. Tax cuts, balanced budget, Keystone, Jobs bills.....are they willing to piss that all away while they continue to hopelessly attack Obamacare?

they can either work w/ the President to get some important legislation passed or do nothing legislatively and spend all their time taking show votes/creating DOA bills loaded w/ poison pills that end up going nowhere just to use them as campaign mat'l. If they do the latter, they're doomed in '16

If the republicans were smart and I am not sure they are they would push Keystone and the medical equipment tax repeal through fast get it on Obama's desk and wait for him to veto them.

Then they can tell people who the obstructionists really are

I doubt if Obama would veto either

The problem is that Republicans will be unable to keep their hands off either piece of legislation and will layer them with environmental protection repeals and kill Obamacare language to make them easy to veto
I think he would.

He has stood int the way of Keystone using Harry Reid as a Proxy and he is not about to repeal anything that funds his signature legislation
The Keystone XL is a terrible idea that will jack up the price of gas and kill the economy, which is why the GOP want it so badly. The Canadians refused to have the pipeline built across their land, but they knew the corrupt GOP could be bought because they hate this great country and don't care how much they damage it.
Yeah right

BTW do you have any idea how many pipelines already exist in this country?

One more is not going to cause any disasters.

And I have yet to see how exporting more gas will increase the price.

Obama's bully boy in the senate is gone he no longer as Harry to run interference for him so now we'll really see what kind of leader Obama is when he has to actually make decisions with no one to hide behind

If the republicans were smart and I am not sure they are they would push Keystone and the medical equipment tax repeal through fast get it on Obama's desk and wait for him to veto them.

Then they can tell people who the obstructionists really are

I doubt if Obama would veto either

The problem is that Republicans will be unable to keep their hands off either piece of legislation and will layer them with environmental protection repeals and kill Obamacare language to make them easy to veto
yep. If they load all their bills w/ poison pills, they will simply be doing what they have for the last 6 years- putting party before country (putting their jobs ahead of the well-being of this great nation).

Last edited:
Obama's bully boy in the senate is gone he no longer as Harry to run interference for him so now we'll really see what kind of leader Obama is when he has to actually make decisions with no one to hide behind

What bills do you think can make it through the Senate?

What makes you think that Reid will act any differently as minority leader than McConnell did?

Fixed it for you....

Talk about beating a dead horse

If Republicans want to spend the next two years crafting kill Obamacare legislation, they can kiss away the chances of passing any other legislation. Tax cuts, balanced budget, Keystone, Jobs bills.....are they willing to piss that all away while they continue to hopelessly attack Obamacare?
That works both ways. obama will accomplish NOTHING if he can't learn to work with the GOP. The most likely scenario is a GOP bill keeping some of the good points of ACA and replacing the horseshit. It boils down to that or no funding for the current ACA and a myriad of other questionable social programs.
It's a stalemate at this point with a slight advantage to the GOP.

What makes you think that Reid will act any differently as minority leader than McConnell did?
if 44 vetoes something, it is even less likely that McConnell will get the votes as well.

I don't wish to be too specific or too graphic but after 6 years of taking it where the sun don't shine for the last 6 years my guess is they will want to bend the Dems over the nearest sturdy table and...

He'll try to act the same, but he is largely impotent. He cannot block legislation. He can't draft a budget, he can't name committee chairmen or members.
He may head the Dem Caucus, but that and $3.50 will buy him a coffee in the Senate cafeteria.

He'll try to act the same, but he is largely impotent. He cannot block legislation. He can't draft a budget, he can't name committee chairmen or members.
He may head the Dem Caucus, but that and $3.50 will buy him a coffee in the Senate cafeteria.

Given the number of Dems who must face reelection in '16 (and those with presidential aspirations), it is likely the minority whip will be able to keep his charges in line. Look for Dems to trip over each other to get their names attached to responsible Repub bills and the possibility of an override to any Prez veto is very real. Those incumbents saw what happened to their Dem comrades this week and will not want to suffer the same fate in '16.

I think number one on the agenda should be rounding up all the race-baiters and shooting every one of the reptiles.

Nothing like having a white supremacists suggesting the mass murder of Americans to warm all of our hearts......
Nothing like a liberal taking a joke and making it into some sort of racial issue.

Tom is a white supremacist, and I see nothing humorous about suggesting the mass murder of Americans.

Why do you?
Why do I?
Because I am adult enough to know when someone is serious and when someone is aggressively making a point...but does not actually mean how one who is cynical decides to define it.
I bet you got all bent out of shape when Sarah Palin used "targets" to pinpoint areas that required aggressive campaigning.
It is attitudes such as yours that has people so confused about how to say something, they find it best to say nothing at all.....and I bet you like that too as it pertains to those that think differently than you.
Grow up. That's my suggestion.

Well I guess that is the difference between yourself and myself- I find nothing mature about calling for the murder of Americans. I find nothing humorous about calling for the murder of Americans.

Once again- what Tommie said:
I think number one on the agenda should be rounding up all the race-baiters and shooting every one of the reptiles

You find the suggestion to murder Americans to be a joke.

I don't.

That is the difference between us.
No.

The difference between us is that I am mature enough to realize he was making an aggressive point and was not truly calling for the mass murder of Americans.
You are not.

Like I said. I have no doubt that you were one of those children that got all bent out of shape when Sarah Palin used "targets" to identify areas where aggressive campaigning was necessary.

Grow up son. Learn to recognize spin, metaphors, hyperbole and rhetoric. It may help you understand those that don't think like you do.

Nothing like having a white supremacists suggesting the mass murder of Americans to warm all of our hearts......
Nothing like a liberal taking a joke and making it into some sort of racial issue.

Tom is a white supremacist, and I see nothing humorous about suggesting the mass murder of Americans.

Why do you?
Why do I?
Because I am adult enough to know when someone is serious and when someone is aggressively making a point...but does not actually mean how one who is cynical decides to define it.
I bet you got all bent out of shape when Sarah Palin used "targets" to pinpoint areas that required aggressive campaigning.
It is attitudes such as yours that has people so confused about how to say something, they find it best to say nothing at all.....and I bet you like that too as it pertains to those that think differently than you.
Grow up. That's my suggestion.

Well I guess that is the difference between yourself and myself- I find nothing mature about calling for the murder of Americans. I find nothing humorous about calling for the murder of Americans.

I think number one on the agenda should be rounding up all the race-baiters and shooting every one of the reptiles

I don't.

No.

The difference between us is that I am mature enough to realize he was making an aggressive point and was not truly calling for the mass murder of Americans.
You are not.

Like I said. I have no doubt that you were one of those children that got all bent out of shape when Sarah Palin used "targets" to identify areas where aggressive campaigning was necessary.

Grow up son. Learn to recognize spin, metaphors, hyperbole and rhetoric. It may help you understand those that don't think like you do.

Look kid, you may laugh off calls for murdering Americans but I don't..

I don't.

Forum List

Back