Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What will republicans do first?

What Republicans can do.....
Pass immigration reform
Pass a jobs bill
Rewrite the tax code

What Republicans will do
Nothing

Does whine, blame and complain about Obama constituent doing "nothing"?
Them poor fucking Republicans, even when they "win" they are losers.

Republicans have a two year window of opportunity to shape important legislation that will set policy for decades. To do that, they will have to make "some" compromises with the President
Given the current state of the GOP where any compromise with Obama is unacceptable, Republicans will blow their chances

If the republicans were smart and I am not sure they are they would push Keystone and the medical equipment tax repeal through fast get it on Obama's desk and wait for him to veto them.

Then they can tell people who the obstructionists really are

I think number one on the agenda should be rounding up all the race-baiters and shooting every one of the reptiles.

Nothing like having a white supremacists suggesting the mass murder of Americans to warm all of our hearts......
Nothing like a liberal taking a joke and making it into some sort of racial issue.
According to your MessiahRushie Limbola, for it to be a "joke" there must be an element of truth in it!

Aug 22, 2008
RUSH: This was brilliant humor and requires elements of truth in order to be brilliant humor.

Pass immigration reform
Pass a jobs bill
Rewrite the tax code

What Republicans will do
Nothing

Republicans have a two year window of opportunity to shape important legislation that will set policy for decades. To do that, they will have to make "some" compromises with the President
Given the current state of the GOP where any compromise with Obama is unacceptable, Republicans will blow their chances

I think it will boil down to whether the Tea Party can be marginalized to any degree.

Listening to Limbaugh, Hannity & Levin the last couple of days and seeing the mirroring comments here, I have my doubts.

It could happen though, you never know. Maybe someone will give in a bit somewhere and a momentum will be created.

If the republicans were smart and I am not sure they are they would push Keystone and the medical equipment tax repeal through fast get it on Obama's desk and wait for him to veto them.

I doubt if Obama would veto either

The problem is that Republicans will be unable to keep their hands off either piece of legislation and will layer them with environmental protection repeals and kill Obamacare language to make them easy to veto

The problem is that Republicans will be unable to keep their hands off either piece of legislation and will layer them with environmental protection repeals and kill Obamacare language to make them easy to veto
I think he would.

He has stood int the way of Keystone using Harry Reid as a Proxy and he is not about to repeal anything that funds his signature legislation

I think he would.

He has stood int the way of Keystone using Harry Reid as a Proxy and he is not about to repeal anything that funds his signature legislation

Keystone is a bigger issue with Republicans than it is with Obama. If Republicans were to send a clean Keystone bill to Obama he would have little reason to veto it. But if republicans wrap it up in other legislation that repeals environmental protections, Obama will have all the justification he needs to veto it

Can Republicans keep their hands off the bill? I doubt it

I think he would.

The Keystone XL is a terrible idea that will jack up the price of gas and kill the economy, which is why the GOP want it so badly. The Canadians refused to have the pipeline built across their land, but they knew the corrupt GOP could be bought because they hate this great country and don't care how much they damage it.

I think he would.

Keystone is a bigger issue with Republicans than it is with Obama. If Republicans were to send a clean Keystone bill to Obama he would have little reason to veto it. But if republicans wrap it up in other legislation that repeals environmental protections, Obama will have all the justification he needs to veto it

If Obama was as spiteful as the Right, he would sign a Keystone XL bill, the voters certainly need to be taught a lesson for their vote, but unlike the GOP, Obama loves this great country too much to sign the bill.

I think number one on the agenda should be rounding up all the race-baiters and shooting every one of the reptiles.

Nothing like having a white supremacists suggesting the mass murder of Americans to warm all of our hearts......
Nothing like a liberal taking a joke and making it into some sort of racial issue.

Tom is a white supremacist, and I see nothing humorous about suggesting the mass murder of Americans.

Why do you?
Why do I?
Because I am adult enough to know when someone is serious and when someone is aggressively making a point...but does not actually mean how one who is cynical decides to define it.
I bet you got all bent out of shape when Sarah Palin used "targets" to pinpoint areas that required aggressive campaigning.
It is attitudes such as yours that has people so confused about how to say something, they find it best to say nothing at all.....and I bet you like that too as it pertains to those that think differently than you.
Grow up. That's my suggestion.

I think he would.

If Obama was as spiteful as the Right, he would sign a Keystone XL bill, the voters certainly need to be taught a lesson for their vote, but unlike the GOP, Obama loves this great country too much to sign the bill.
You have such an opinion because you disagree with the pipeline. But that does not mean the pipeline is wrong for America. Likewise, it does not mean it IS right for America either.
We disagree on this topic.

Looks like the very first thing they will do is put two elderly white men in charge of congress.
Is it white people you have an issue with? Or is it men? Or is it the elderly?

LMAO...and you call conservatives biased.

Voter suppression seems the GOP's best bet. Instead of spending money trying to convince people to vote Republican, it is so much cheaper for GOP states to pass laws preventing people from voting Democratic. Literacy tests, poll taxes, birth certificates, long waits, short poll hours all could help in the battle. Some of those techniques have been declared unconstitutional but the right kind of courts might find them all shippy-shape. If corporations are people who knows?

Looks like they're going to also be upfront about their racism:

The caller, who gave his name as Anthony from San Diego, California, identified himself as a Republican and started out talking about the direction he thinks the new GOP majority in Congress should take.

"I would just like to say, that the Republicans -- and I'm a Republican -- please do not overreach," the caller began. "I know they're going to overreach but I'm telling you, if you advocate for the repeal of Obamacare and you get too extreme, then Hillary Clinton will be elected President in 2016."

"This is about race," he added. "The Republicans hate that ****** Obama."

C-SPAN Caller On Air Republicans Hate That N er Obama VIDEO

Tom is a white supremacist, and I see nothing humorous about suggesting the mass murder of Americans.

Why do you?
Why do I?
Because I am adult enough to know when someone is serious and when someone is aggressively making a point...but does not actually mean how one who is cynical decides to define it.
I bet you got all bent out of shape when Sarah Palin used "targets" to pinpoint areas that required aggressive campaigning.
It is attitudes such as yours that has people so confused about how to say something, they find it best to say nothing at all.....and I bet you like that too as it pertains to those that think differently than you.
Grow up. That's my suggestion.

Well I guess that is the difference between yourself and myself- I find nothing mature about calling for the murder of Americans. I find nothing humorous about calling for the murder of Americans.

Once again- what Tommie said:
I think number one on the agenda should be rounding up all the race-baiters and shooting every one of the reptiles

You find the suggestion to murder Americans to be a joke.

I don't.

That is the difference between us.

Put some of the many bills that went into limbo under Harry Reid's leadership up for a vote and get them to the President to either sign or veto. Starting with the excel pipeline I think we have waited long enough for a decision on that.
Why do you want the pipeline constructed? It will increase the price of refined gasoline in the Midwest.
bullshit.
Don't just say "bullshit." Explain yourself.

Once the pipeline is completed, the Canadian crude will be routed to port for sale and export to foreign markets. Right now, it comes down to U.S. markets and increases our supply, thereby driving down prices.

When the pipeline is completed (and it will be with Republican support), the available domestic supplies will decrease and prices will increase. It's not rocket science.
Do you people think anything through at all?
You left your statement unjustified. I didn't feel obligated to justify my reply.
No it's not rocket science at all. Oil is a world wide commodity. More oil reduces prices, or don't you grasp supply and demand?
Except a pipeline is not an oil well so it does not produce more oil. There is decades more capacity in the pipelines we have now serving Canada than Canada has crude to ship. The Canadians themselves justified the expense of the Keystone XL by the $3.9 billion more Americans will pay for the crude!!!!

Keystone XL is a tar sands pipeline to export oil out of the United States Anthony Swift s Blog Switchboard from NRDC

One of the most important facts that is missing in the national debate surrounding the proposed Keystone XL tar sands pipeline is this – Keystone XL will not bring any more oil into the United State for decades to come. Canada doesn’t have nearly enough oil to fill existing pipelines going to the United States. However, existing Canadian oil pipelines all go to the Midwest, where the only buyer for their crude is the United States. Keystone XL would divert Canadian oil from refineries in the Midwest to the Gulf Coast where it can be refined and exported. Many of these refineries are in Foriegn Trade Zones where oil may be exported to international buyers without paying U.S. taxes. And that is exactly what Valero, one of the largest potential buyers of Keystone XL's oil, has told its investors it will do. The idea that Keystone XL will improve U.S. oil supply is a documented scam being played on the American people by Big Oil and its friends in Washington DC.
The fact that Canada has excess pipeline capacity is well known. In a Department of Energy report evaluating Keystone XL's impacts on U.S. energy supply over the next twenty years, the agency found that it will take decades for Canada to produce enough oil to fill existing pipelines. On page 90, the report concludes that the United States will import the same amount of crude from Canada through 2030 whether or not Keystone XL is built.
snip/
When Canadian regulators at the National Energy Board (NEB) considered the Keystone XL proposal in 2008, they asked TransCanada to justify another pipeline when there was already so much spare capacity. TransCanada conceded that Keystone XL would take oil from existing pipelines, increasing shipping costs. However, TransCanada argued that this cost would be more than offset as shifting Canadian oil from the Midwest to the Gulf would increase the price that Americans paid for Canadian oil by $3.9 billion.
snip/
Simply stated, Keystone XL is a way to get Canadian oil out of the United States, not into it.
NRDC? Really?

from their home page:

topfeature-postelection.jpg

Looks like they're going to also be upfront about their racism:

The caller, who gave his name as Anthony from San Diego, California, identified himself as a Republican and started out talking about the direction he thinks the new GOP majority in Congress should take.

"I would just like to say, that the Republicans -- and I'm a Republican -- please do not overreach," the caller began. "I know they're going to overreach but I'm telling you, if you advocate for the repeal of Obamacare and you get too extreme, then Hillary Clinton will be elected President in 2016."

"This is about race," he added. "The Republicans hate that ****** Obama."

C-SPAN Caller On Air Republicans Hate That N er Obama VIDEO
Yeah right. THAT was definitely a Republican. Damn Ravi. I thought you were smarter than that.

Pass immigration reform
Pass a jobs bill
Rewrite the tax code

What Republicans will do
Nothing

President obama hasa two year window of opportunity to shape important legislation that will salvage his legacy and set policy for decades. To do that, he will have to make "some" compromises with Congress.

Given the current mindset of the President where any compromise with the oposition is unacceptable, President obama will blow his chances.

Fixed it for you....
Bill clinton was able to work with a GOP Congress and was able to take credit for some meaningful legislation. Because of that, he ended up with a fair legacy. I doubt the ego-maniacal asshole in the big chair now has that in him.

Pass immigration reform
Pass a jobs bill
Rewrite the tax code

What Republicans will do
Nothing

President obama hasa two year window of opportunity to shape important legislation that will salvage his legacy and set policy for decades. To do that, he will have to make "some" compromises with Congress.

Given the current mindset of the President where any compromise with the oposition is unacceptable, President obama will blow his chances.

Fixed it for you....
Bill clinton was able to work with a GOP Congress and was able to take credit for some meaningful legislation. Because of that, he ended up with a fair legacy. I doubt the ego-maniacal asshole in the big chair now has that in him.

This Republican congress is far more radically right-wing than the one Clinton faced. Also, Clinton was white.

Pass immigration reform
Pass a jobs bill
Rewrite the tax code

What Republicans will do
Nothing

Fixed it for you....

You can be sure Obama has more incentive to work with Republicans. What does he have to lose?

If you want to talk legacy, talk Obamacare. Killing it is off the table. If Republicans keep sending kill Obamacare bills up for signature, they can be sure that those bills and anything else they send will be vetoed

Forum List

Back