🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What will republicans do first?

Obama's bully boy in the senate is gone he no longer as Harry to run interference for him so now we'll really see what kind of leader Obama is when he has to actually make decisions with no one to hide behind

What bills do you think can make it through the Senate?

What makes you think that Reid will act any differently as minority leader than McConnell did?
He'll try to act the same, but he is largely impotent. He cannot block legislation. He can't draft a budget, he can't name committee chairmen or members.
He may head the Dem Caucus, but that and $3.50 will buy him a coffee in the Senate cafeteria.

The Republicans have proven over the past 4 years that the minority is all powerful. They can force 60 votes to get anything done. Repugs don't have a supermajority to pass their agenda or to override presidential vetoes.

Personally, i hope they don't do much. I'm all for 'Do-Nothing' Congresses now. The Government is doing way too much at this point. We need less of it in our lives. That being said, i would like to see them address the Obamacare debacle. At the very least, end the Mandate. It's Un-American.
Really? It's a Republican idea after all...

It was always a bad Un-American idea. Doesn't matter to me which Party supported it. But i'm all for a 'Do-Nothing' Congress. There's far too much Government in Citizens' lives already. But the Mandate has to go. And so do other parts of the Obamacare debacle. It needs to be tweaked or even scrapped all-together. I hope they do address it.

yes... no one should have healthcare unless randian idiots say it's ok.

Freemason9
Yes clinton was white. I do appreciate your pointing out that President obama is not, but that fact matters only to Liberals who use his race as a bludgeon on anyone who opposes his agenda.

Oh and don't forget: The country just elected a Congress far to the right of POTUS because our citizens are by and large, far to the right of POTUS.

Well, at least the majority of the small minority of voters who showed up to vote are to the Right of the President. And only a small percentage of those are wingnuts.

Impeach Obama?
Repeal the ACA?
Outlaw Hispanics?
Defund the CDC?

the first thing they will try to do is what McConnell said they would do... try to pass personhood laws.

if so, that would be a huge mistake...

1. Fetal 'Personhood' Laws Defeated in Colorado and North Dakota
    Newsweek‎ - 23 hours ago
    Tuesday's elections brought victory for pro-choice liberals in Colorado and North Dakota, but not Tennessee.
  2. Even In Deep Red States, Voters Reject Radical 'Personhood' Measures
    ThinkProgress‎ - 1 day ago
  3. Anti-Choice 'Personhood' Measures Fail in North Dakota and Colorado
    The American Prospect‎ - 1 day ago

But they do have what obama had. Reconciliation. Turn about is fair play.

Fine. obama will veto a repeal of the ACA and the GOP will refuse to fund it.

Impeach Obama?
Repeal the ACA?
Outlaw Hispanics?
Defund the CDC?

the first thing they will try to do is what McConnell said they would do... try to pass personhood laws.

Newsweek‎ - 23 hours ago
    Tuesday's elections brought victory for pro-choice liberals in Colorado and North Dakota, but not Tennessee.

and? it was the first bill they tried to pass when they got the house.... the wingers got stopped by the senate.

why wouldn't they do it now that they have the senate.

Impeach Obama?
Repeal the ACA?
Outlaw Hispanics?
Defund the CDC?

Newsweek‎ - 23 hours ago

and? it was the first bill they tried to pass when they got the house.... the wingers got stopped by the senate.

i was hoping the overly religious 'conservatives' would be held in check by the rest of the Republican party this time around.

IF the GOP tries to pull that, they will go down SO fast in 2016...

“I am utterly exasperated with Republicans and the so-called leadership of the Republicans who have abdicated on this issue,” Mike Huckabee said on the American Family Association’s talk show that aired Tuesday.

He particularly blamed those “in the establishment” as well as Republicans from the “Left Coast” and “the bubbles of New York and Washington.”

“If the Republicans want to lose guys like me and a whole bunch of still God-fearing, Bible-believing people, go ahead,” he said. “And while you're at it, go ahead and say abortion doesn't matter, either. Because at that point, you lose me. I'm gone. I'll become an independent.”

Some Republicans have called for their party to tone down the rhetoric... (on social issues)

The former presidential candidate challenged conventional wisdom and said the damage done by repelling the party’s Christian-conservative base would outweigh any gains the party could make by moving more toward the center.

Huckabee threatens to quit GOP TheHill

Impeach Obama?
Repeal the ACA?
Outlaw Hispanics?
Defund the CDC?

Newsweek‎ - 23 hours ago

i was hoping the overly religious 'conservatives' would be held in check by the rest of the Republican party this time around.

“I am utterly exasperated with Republicans and the so-called leadership of the Republicans who have abdicated on this issue,” Mike Huckabee said on the American Family Association’s talk show that aired Tuesday.

He particularly blamed those “in the establishment” as well as Republicans from the “Left Coast” and “the bubbles of New York and Washington.”

“If the Republicans want to lose guys like me and a whole bunch of still God-fearing, Bible-believing people, go ahead,” he said. “And while you're at it, go ahead and say abortion doesn't matter, either. Because at that point, you lose me. I'm gone. I'll become an independent.”

Some Republicans have called for their party to tone down the rhetoric... (on social issues)

The former presidential candidate challenged conventional wisdom and said the damage done by repelling the party’s Christian-conservative base would outweigh any gains the party could make by moving more toward the center.

just because they aren't theocratic enough right now to suit Huckabee doesn't mean that now that there are no impediments they won't do what they always do.

they were quiet about their wingnuttery during the election. they won't be now. mitch said so in his victory speech. I have no reason to disbelieve him.

and they'll shut down the government again and cost our economy another 24 billion...

good on!
No ma'am The GOP won't shut down the government. They will pass a budget. If obama vetoes it, He will have shut down the government.

Impeach Obama?
Repeal the ACA?
Outlaw Hispanics?
Defund the CDC?

Newsweek‎ - 23 hours ago

just because they aren't theocratic enough right now to suit Huckabee doesn't mean that now that there are no impediments they won't do what they always do.

they were quiet about their wingnuttery during the election. they won't be now. mitch said so in his victory speech. I have no reason to disbelieve him.

damn, what did he say?

and they'll shut down the government again and cost our economy another 24 billion...

good on!
No ma'am The GOP won't shut down the government. They will pass a budget. If obama vetoes it, He will have shut down the government.

no.... rightwingnut temper tantrums do not translate to the president closing down the government. you were confused about that last time, too.

Impeach Obama?
Repeal the ACA?
Outlaw Hispanics?
Defund the CDC?

Newsweek‎ - 23 hours ago

damn, what did he say?

said they will get rid of abortion.

good on!

no.... rightwingnut temper tantrums do not translate to the president closing down the government. you were confused about that last time, too.
Government shuts down when there is no budget or continuing resolution. If the Senate and House pass a budget and government does shut down, who else but POTUS can you blame?
Be realistic here Jill. What YOU want; what obama wants, is irrelevant. The PEOPLE elected a GOP Congress. THEY want a responsible, conservative government.

good on!

Government shuts down when there is no budget or continuing resolution. If the Senate and House pass a budget and government does shut down, who else but POTUS can you blame?
Be realistic here Jill. What YOU want; what obama wants, is irrelevant. The PEOPLE elected a GOP Congress. THEY want a responsible, conservative government.
Be realistic. Obamacare will not be defunded in a budget, and it the gop tries again, people will see it for what it is. People want the economy to grow jobs, and not just Wall St profits. No doubt we'll finally see some tax reform, and the gop is closer to Obama on free trade than much of Obama's party is. The senate already passed bipartisan immigration reform that Obama would sign. Let's see if Boehner can get his party to vote on it.

It would also be nice if we saw some compromise on environmental (CO2) emissions and finding some money in loopholes to fund NIH research.

good on!
proving that they only care about their *cough* "jobs" (political skin) as opposed to the well being of the people of this great nation. Sad, sad, SAD!!!

good on!

Be realistic. Obamacare will not be defunded in a budget, and it the gop tries again, people will see it for what it is. People want the economy to grow jobs, and not just Wall St profits. No doubt we'll finally see some tax reform, and the gop is closer to Obama on free trade than much of Obama's party is. The senate already passed bipartisan immigration reform that Obama would sign. Let's see if Boehner can get his party to vote on it.

It would also be nice if we saw some compromise on environmental (CO2) emissions and finding some money in loopholes to fund NIH research.

So, what you're saying is that the people elected a Republican Congress because they are enamored with Liberal policy? Right?

You Lost. Learn to live with it.

Forum List

Back