🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What will republicans do first?

But they do have what obama had. Reconciliation. Turn about is fair play.

Fine. obama will veto a repeal of the ACA and the GOP will refuse to fund it.

and they'll shut down the government again and cost our economy another 24 billion...

good on!
No ma'am The GOP won't shut down the government. They will pass a budget. If obama vetoes it, He will have shut down the government.

no.... rightwingnut temper tantrums do not translate to the president closing down the government. you were confused about that last time, too.
true. When Republicorp INTENTIONALLY sends the President a bill that they KNOW he won't sign, the responsibility for the shutdown will rest firmly on their shoulders just like the last time.

The key here is negotiation and Repubs are basically terrorists in this regard. Waxman (D) was right and we all know that you don't negotiate w/ terrorists.

As Jillian noted, Republicorp held the economy hostage and brought about the gov't shutdown costing this great nation BILLIONS $$$ in GDP when that is the absolute last thing we need coming out of the Bush II Recession.

Last edited:

and they'll shut down the government again and cost our economy another 24 billion...

good on!
proving that they only care about their *cough* "jobs" (political skin) as opposed to the well being of the people of this great nation. Sad, sad, SAD!!!
Our idea of what is right and appropriate for this great nation differs from yours. Apparently, the majority agrees with our vision. Tough shit, ain't it?

Impeach Obama?
Repeal the ACA?
Outlaw Hispanics?
Defund the CDC?

the first thing they will try to do is what McConnell said they would do... try to pass personhood laws.
who appointed them the vag police?

angry men who don't support women in the workplace, who don't think women should get equal pay for equal work and who still resent the changes the 60's brought that enabled women to be independent and not have their martini ready and pearls on when they get home from work.

and you know, you have to punish the harlots.

good on!
No ma'am The GOP won't shut down the government. They will pass a budget. If obama vetoes it, He will have shut down the government.

no.... rightwingnut temper tantrums do not translate to the president closing down the government. you were confused about that last time, too.
true. When Republicorp INTENTIONALLY sends the President a bill that they KNOW he won't sign, the responsibility for the shutdown will rest firmly on their shoulders just like the last time.

^^^^^^

and that is the crux of it...

good on!

Government shuts down when there is no budget or continuing resolution. If the Senate and House pass a budget and government does shut down, who else but POTUS can you blame?
Be realistic here Jill. What YOU want; what obama wants, is irrelevant. The PEOPLE elected a GOP Congress. THEY want a responsible, conservative government.
Be realistic. Obamacare will not be defunded in a budget, and it the gop tries again, people will see it for what it is. People want the economy to grow jobs, and not just Wall St profits. No doubt we'll finally see some tax reform, and the gop is closer to Obama on free trade than much of Obama's party is. The senate already passed bipartisan immigration reform that Obama would sign. Let's see if Boehner can get his party to vote on it.

It would also be nice if we saw some compromise on environmental (CO2) emissions and finding some money in loopholes to fund NIH research.

So, what you're saying is that the people elected a Republican Congress because they are enamored with Liberal policy? Right?

You Lost. Learn to live with it.
No, most voters are not enamored with any ideology beyond being for democratic republicanism and capitalism. You want the gop to do "elections have consequences"

Nothing changed. If the gop tea party shuts it down again, the dems will clean up in 16. McConnell wants no part of that redeaux.

good on!
proving that they only care about their *cough* "jobs" (political skin) as opposed to the well being of the people of this great nation. Sad, sad, SAD!!!
Our idea of what is right and appropriate for this great nation differs from yours. Apparently, the majority agrees with our vision. Tough shit, ain't it?
the minority of the minority that bothered to vote. You mean "those" people? ROFL

Impeach Obama?
Repeal the ACA?
Outlaw Hispanics?
Defund the CDC?

the first thing they will try to do is what McConnell said they would do... try to pass personhood laws.

if so, that would be a huge mistake...

1. Fetal 'Personhood' Laws Defeated in Colorado and North Dakota
    Newsweek‎ - 23 hours ago
    Tuesday's elections brought victory for pro-choice liberals in Colorado and North Dakota, but not Tennessee.
  2. Even In Deep Red States, Voters Reject Radical 'Personhood' Measures
    ThinkProgress‎ - 1 day ago
  3. Anti-Choice 'Personhood' Measures Fail in North Dakota and Colorado
    The American Prospect‎ - 1 day ago

and? it was the first bill they tried to pass when they got the house.... the wingers got stopped by the senate.

why wouldn't they do it now that they have the senate.

i was hoping the overly religious 'conservatives' would be held in check by the rest of the Republican party this time around.

IF the GOP tries to pull that, they will go down SO fast in 2016...

“I am utterly exasperated with Republicans and the so-called leadership of the Republicans who have abdicated on this issue,” Mike Huckabee said on the American Family Association’s talk show that aired Tuesday.

He particularly blamed those “in the establishment” as well as Republicans from the “Left Coast” and “the bubbles of New York and Washington.”

“If the Republicans want to lose guys like me and a whole bunch of still God-fearing, Bible-believing people, go ahead,” he said. “And while you're at it, go ahead and say abortion doesn't matter, either. Because at that point, you lose me. I'm gone. I'll become an independent.”

Some Republicans have called for their party to tone down the rhetoric... (on social issues)

The former presidential candidate challenged conventional wisdom and said the damage done by repelling the party’s Christian-conservative base would outweigh any gains the party could make by moving more toward the center.

Huckabee threatens to quit GOP TheHill

just because they aren't theocratic enough right now to suit Huckabee doesn't mean that now that there are no impediments they won't do what they always do.

they were quiet about their wingnuttery during the election. they won't be now. mitch said so in his victory speech. I have no reason to disbelieve him.

damn, what did he say?

said they will get rid of abortion.
That will certainly be the end of Republicans then.

good on!

President Obama got 52% of the vote BOTH times he ran.

so yes, tough. :thup:

now your wingers should go throw another temper tantrum.

Government shuts down when there is no budget or continuing resolution. If the Senate and House pass a budget and government does shut down, who else but POTUS can you blame?
Be realistic here Jill. What YOU want; what obama wants, is irrelevant. The PEOPLE elected a GOP Congress. THEY want a responsible, conservative government.
Be realistic. Obamacare will not be defunded in a budget, and it the gop tries again, people will see it for what it is. People want the economy to grow jobs, and not just Wall St profits. No doubt we'll finally see some tax reform, and the gop is closer to Obama on free trade than much of Obama's party is. The senate already passed bipartisan immigration reform that Obama would sign. Let's see if Boehner can get his party to vote on it.

It would also be nice if we saw some compromise on environmental (CO2) emissions and finding some money in loopholes to fund NIH research.

So, what you're saying is that the people elected a Republican Congress because they are enamored with Liberal policy? Right?

You Lost. Learn to live with it.
No, most voters are not enamored with any ideology beyond being for democratic republicanism and capitalism. You want the gop to do "elections have consequences"

Nothing changed. If the gop tea party shuts it down again, the dems will clean up in 16. McConnell wants no part of that redeaux.
It cost them dearly last time & their leadership know it. Their eXtreme Right contingent are the ones who don't care, or more likely-know, what damage they do to the fragile economy w/ their ideologically driven shutdowns

if so, that would be a huge mistake...

1. Fetal 'Personhood' Laws Defeated in Colorado and North Dakota
    Newsweek‎ - 23 hours ago
    Tuesday's elections brought victory for pro-choice liberals in Colorado and North Dakota, but not Tennessee.
  2. Even In Deep Red States, Voters Reject Radical 'Personhood' Measures
    ThinkProgress‎ - 1 day ago
  3. Anti-Choice 'Personhood' Measures Fail in North Dakota and Colorado
    The American Prospect‎ - 1 day ago

and? it was the first bill they tried to pass when they got the house.... the wingers got stopped by the senate.

i was hoping the overly religious 'conservatives' would be held in check by the rest of the Republican party this time around.

“I am utterly exasperated with Republicans and the so-called leadership of the Republicans who have abdicated on this issue,” Mike Huckabee said on the American Family Association’s talk show that aired Tuesday.

He particularly blamed those “in the establishment” as well as Republicans from the “Left Coast” and “the bubbles of New York and Washington.”

“If the Republicans want to lose guys like me and a whole bunch of still God-fearing, Bible-believing people, go ahead,” he said. “And while you're at it, go ahead and say abortion doesn't matter, either. Because at that point, you lose me. I'm gone. I'll become an independent.”

Some Republicans have called for their party to tone down the rhetoric... (on social issues)

The former presidential candidate challenged conventional wisdom and said the damage done by repelling the party’s Christian-conservative base would outweigh any gains the party could make by moving more toward the center.

just because they aren't theocratic enough right now to suit Huckabee doesn't mean that now that there are no impediments they won't do what they always do.

they were quiet about their wingnuttery during the election. they won't be now. mitch said so in his victory speech. I have no reason to disbelieve him.

damn, what did he say?

well, they'll certainly make the pendulum swing a bit faster. but end?

nah... they've been the party of 'guns, g-d and gays since the '80's... that isn't going to stop. they'll still represent the religious right and the oligarchs.

damn, what did he say?

nah... they've been the party of 'guns, g-d and gays since the '80's... that isn't going to stop. they'll still represent the religious right and the oligarchs.
And kkk types.

damn, what did he say?

And kkk types.

yep.. that, too.

they like rand paul. I figure they'll stick with him.

I think Ernie illustrates the truth of Boehner really being the guy. All the McConnell/Obama joking (you have a drink with Mitch) aside, these guys can cut a deal. But, the gop house has refused to cut any deals. Boehner won some seats. But in the past, if he brought up a bill that needed even a single dem vote to pass, he'd be on notice that his speakership was going to be put to a vote. Imo the question of this election was always whether that was going to change. Chances of dem holding the senate were very slim. But the senate was able to pass some bipartisan legislation even with Harry Reid, who really is a horrid man.

good on!

President Obama got 52% of the vote BOTH times he ran.

so yes, tough. :thup:

now your wingers should go throw another temper tantrum.
No temper tantrums at all. We will just do what the people elected us to do; namely, stop obama's policies.

Nothing like having a white supremacists suggesting the mass murder of Americans to warm all of our hearts......
Nothing like a liberal taking a joke and making it into some sort of racial issue.

Tom is a white supremacist, and I see nothing humorous about suggesting the mass murder of Americans.

Why do you?
Why do I?
Because I am adult enough to know when someone is serious and when someone is aggressively making a point...but does not actually mean how one who is cynical decides to define it.
I bet you got all bent out of shape when Sarah Palin used "targets" to pinpoint areas that required aggressive campaigning.
It is attitudes such as yours that has people so confused about how to say something, they find it best to say nothing at all.....and I bet you like that too as it pertains to those that think differently than you.
Grow up. That's my suggestion.

Well I guess that is the difference between yourself and myself- I find nothing mature about calling for the murder of Americans. I find nothing humorous about calling for the murder of Americans.

Once again- what Tommie said:
I think number one on the agenda should be rounding up all the race-baiters and shooting every one of the reptiles

You find the suggestion to murder Americans to be a joke.

I don't.

That is the difference between us.
No.

The difference between us is that I am mature enough to realize he was making an aggressive point and was not truly calling for the mass murder of Americans.
You are not.

Like I said. I have no doubt that you were one of those children that got all bent out of shape when Sarah Palin used "targets" to identify areas where aggressive campaigning was necessary.

Grow up son. Learn to recognize spin, metaphors, hyperbole and rhetoric. It may help you understand those that don't think like you do.

I suppose there might be some truth in what you say, but you gotta understand that everybody isn't as used to spin, hyperbole and rhetoric as a true fox believer such as yourself. The rest of the world generally takes what is said at face value, and only someone in the fox bubble could truly be as accustomed to hearing all those synonyms for lies as a teabagger might be.

Gonna be some funny shit around here watching the libbie heads explode should Rand Paul become potus.

Hell I'd consider voting for the boy, just to see it happen.

Gonna be some funny shit around here watching the libbie heads explode should Rand Paul become potus.

I'm not sure what Paul stands for anymore. He's caved to Aldelson on Israel. He now supports permanent war in the ME.

Keystone is a bigger issue with Republicans than it is with Obama. If Republicans were to send a clean Keystone bill to Obama he would have little reason to veto it. But if republicans wrap it up in other legislation that repeals environmental protections, Obama will have all the justification he needs to veto it

Can Republicans keep their hands off the bill? I doubt it

Canadians blame Obama.

I'm not sure what Paul stands for anymore. He's caved to Aldelson on Israel. He now supports permanent war in the ME.
He doesn't stand for much of anything, as best as I can tell, but the statists seem to fear that he does.

Forum List

Back