What would happen to blacks if we ended affirmative action?

I presume that you did not read any of the papers submitted to the USCRC on the subject of Law School Admissions. one of the most interesting findings by Sander was that blacks who turned down admission to a more elite school via preferences, and went to a school where they were matched by qualification, had no discernable differences in outcome compared to whites with the same qualifications.

Which is just what logic predicts. Put someone (black or white) in a school where they aren't qualified and odds are they'll fail. In a school where they do qualify, they do just fine.

Why are you using my name in a statement I did not make? I think I need to get the mods involved. I am sick of you doing that

I took spherical trigonometry when I took astronomy my freshman year. 120 students on the first day, 20 students at the finals. I scored a B+ in a class where my math is not my strongest point. Majoring in the hard sciences like physics, and engineering doesn't mean you're smart. It doesn't take a genius to follow formulas and calculations. Anyone can succeed in those fields if you apply yourself. If Physics wasn't so boring I'd already have my Bachlors of Science in that field.

HAHAHAHA. Spherical trig is mickey mouse math. You proved you are a math dunce. And your comment that physics is just following formulas and calculations is hilarious. In a real physics problem no one tells you what formula to use and then you just fill in the numbers.!!

It's obvious you are a verbal with no experience in any technical subject. Like all blacks.

LoL you are one of the dumbest people....Spherical Trig is used today to measure planets you idiot. Astronomers still use it today.

You see your comment is what I call premature. If you actually knew anything about astrophysics you would know that astronomers use spherical trig today in 2012.

[

LoL you are one of the dumbest people....Spherical Trig is used today to measure planets you idiot. Astronomers still use it today.

You see your comment is what I call premature. If you actually knew anything about astrophysics you would know that astronomers use spherical trig today in 2012.

HAHAHA. Measure planets? What does that even mean?. And just because something is used, doesn't mean it's complex. THINK

[

HAHAHA. Measure planets? What does that even mean?. And just because something is used, doesn't mean it's complex. THINK

Wait, you just said spherical trig is pretty much "remedial" now your asking what measuring planets mean?

If its so easy name a formula that is used to measure the density of gas?

Why not accept someone based on their grades? No judgement of color at all.

Because then 90% of blacks could not be accepted. That's the real reason for AA. Even libs know blacks are mentally inferior.

Because then 90% of blacks could not be accepted. That's the real reason for AA. Even libs know blacks are mentally inferior.

And where did you read (doubting that you actually can) that this 90% statistic is accurate? Or did you just pull this out of your anal cavity?

ShootSpeeder answer my fucking question. You said Spherical Trig is remedial. I received a B+ in undergrad in a hard class so since you know so much what is the fucking formula to measure the density of gas?

All you have to do is use google. I know you don't know off the top of your head but satisfy my curiousity and use google. Oh wait, without plagerising you can't explain how to use the formula. For fucks sake its frustrating being a smart "negro" amongst you racist. You guys are really stupid. No offense to my southern people but are you idiots from the south? Were you guys horribly home schooled? WTF

So Alas I await your answer.

ShootSpeeder answer my fucking question. You said Spherical Trig is remedial. I received a B+ in undergrad in a hard class so since you know so much what is the fucking formula to measure the density of gas?

All you have to do is use google. I know you don't know off the top of your head but satisfy my curiousity and use google. Oh wait, without plagerising you can't explain how to use the formula. For fucks sake its frustrating being a smart "negro" amongst you racist. You guys are really stupid. No offense to my southern people but are you idiots from the south? Were you guys horribly home schooled? WTF

your frustration level should be zilch b/c you are not a smart negro.

You are a racist and a hypocrite however

And where did you read (doubting that you actually can) that this 90% statistic is accurate? Or did you just pull this out of your anal cavity?

there are other stats we can and have pulled.

Do you really want to go there?

Affirmative Action was an attempt to open doors of opportunity, which it did. The question remains, is it still required? As for Liberals viewing blacks as inferior I can't speak to that, one has to analyze their legislation, agenda, and draw their own conclusions, however, earned opportunity will result in succeeding in what ever endeavorers they so choose. The problem is that legislators in the 60's, 70's, and 80's passed laws that would in essence strip the will and desire to improve their lot in life and accept defeatism. When you tell a person they can't without special help, over, and over, they will eventually believe they can't, give up, and blame someone else.

'the talented tenth' comes to mind.

university attendance has certainly gone up in recent decades, whether it is a realistic choice for significant numbers of students of all races at the lower end of qualifications is a different question all together.

Affirmative Action was an attempt to open doors of opportunity, which it did. The question remains, is it still required? As for Liberals viewing blacks as inferior I can't speak to that, one has to analyze their legislation, agenda, and draw their own conclusions, however, earned opportunity will result in succeeding in what ever endeavorers they so choose. The problem is that legislators in the 60's, 70's, and 80's passed laws that would in essence strip the will and desire to improve their lot in life and accept defeatism. When you tell a person they can't without special help, over, and over, they will eventually believe they can't, give up, and blame someone else.

I agree with you for the most part.

I think AA is a slap in the face to minorities. It's basically saying they are not capable of succeeding on their own merit.

I'll concede that in it's infancy AA was needed. But not in this day and time.

You are the one claiming that Spherical Trigonometry is remedial. You said that its basically easy so I want you to prove it. Oh, and I love how you called me racist when I said nothing offensive.....Please quote me, correctly on what offensive remark I've made....I am anxiously waiting. I'm not smart as you've said but I know spherical trigonometry yet you cannot tell me the formula to measure the density of gas....LMAO

I'll concede that in it's infancy AA was needed. But not in this day and time.

Actually it's needed more than ever now - if the goal is to get blacks into good jobs. They simply can't make it on ability. It appears during the last 40 years of AA blacks have fallen even further behind.

I say stop all special treatment and let blacks sink or swim on their own. I'm sure they'll sink and i'm ok with that.

You are the one claiming that Spherical Trigonometry is remedial. You said that its basically easy so I want you to prove it. Oh, and I love how you called me racist when I said nothing offensive.....Please quote me, correctly on what offensive remark I've made....I am anxiously waiting. I'm not smart as you've said but I know spherical trigonometry yet you cannot tell me the formula to measure the density of gas....LMAO

I did not mention trig whatsoever there smart negro

Forum List

Back