What would happen to blacks if we ended affirmative action?

Any thinking person or someone with some historical knowledge knows that the reason so-called affirmative action was created due to real discrimination

Real discrimination?? WTF does that mean?. I agree it was hard for a black to get a good job prior to AA but that's because they weren't qualified. Blacks are stupid - as everyone knows.
Denying jobs to unqualified applicants is how it's supposed to be.

You had to ask me what is real discrimination???

I thought whites were intellectually superior? Anything I say you should immediately grasp since whites are somehow genetically superior....If you must ask, real discrimination is what I would call what my parents and grandparents went through. Segragated bathrooms, water fountains and housing. In the 40's my family were denied positions clearly because they were "colored." Malcolm X, before becoming a prolific speaker, was told as a child (upon stating he wanted to be a lawyer after his white teacher asked him what he wanted to be when he grows up) to be a carpenter since being a lawyer "no place for a ******" this is the clearest example of "real discrimination."

You understand now my genetically superior friend who also asked me to spell it out for him?

Great points, and all true. I can vividly recall when I was in middle school back in the 60's. Being that this was a predominately white school, they had a career advisor on site who would work with kids to help identify what their career aspirations were.

When my day came for my "one on one" with the counselor, before I could express my fascination with business, this counselor began to talk to me about careers in the city sanitation department, and also "encouraged" me to consider taking more shop classes, as opposed to advanced classes in mathematics.

In retrospect, it is no surprise that even though my grades were good enough for me to make the honor society every semester, it was a part of this counselors belief system that I was only capable of performing jobs that did not require more complex skills.

This so called "counselor" did not know that my Father was a school administrator.

So, when I went home that day and told him about my experience, he made a beeline for that counselors office the next morning prior to going to work.

Needless to say I was treated differently by that counselor from that day forward.

[
This so called "counselor" did not know that my Father was a school administrator.

School administrator?? WTF does that mean?. Was he a secretary? Maybe he was in human resources. HAHAHA. Why can't blacks get useful jobs and be engineers and physicists?

I live among them and they are wonderful people,they work every day,have two parents running the household.Their children graduate from High school and go onto college. Whats wrong matt you jealous cause that Black got the promotion and you didn't?

I go to church and work with them as well. As individuals I believe in giving each person a chance regardless of his race. I don't hate black people - what I do hate are programs that give special preference to them(by lower academic or other standards) to meet artificial quotas.

And yes I know of many wonderful black families with a mom and dad both present trying to teach their children to work hard and do what is right, to not have their hands out asking for everyone to do everything for them. Unfortunately that is not the norm in the black community. Roughly 70 to 75% of blacks are born to single mothers. Crime rates are higher in poor black neighborhoods than in poor white neighborhoods. Black on black crime is far higher than white on white crime(even in similar economic conditions).

There is a problem in the black community that only the black community can solve if they choose too. They need to stop blaming whites for their problems and accept responsibility for their own lives. The also should not be given a job simply because they are black, they need to earn it, and stand in line with everyone else.

Real discrimination?? WTF does that mean?. I agree it was hard for a black to get a good job prior to AA but that's because they weren't qualified. Blacks are stupid - as everyone knows.
Denying jobs to unqualified applicants is how it's supposed to be.

I thought whites were intellectually superior? Anything I say you should immediately grasp since whites are somehow genetically superior....If you must ask, real discrimination is what I would call what my parents and grandparents went through. Segragated bathrooms, water fountains and housing. In the 40's my family were denied positions clearly because they were "colored." Malcolm X, before becoming a prolific speaker, was told as a child (upon stating he wanted to be a lawyer after his white teacher asked him what he wanted to be when he grows up) to be a carpenter since being a lawyer "no place for a ******" this is the clearest example of "real discrimination."

You understand now my genetically superior friend who also asked me to spell it out for him?

Great points, and all true. I can vividly recall when I was in middle school back in the 60's. Being that this was a predominately white school, they had a career advisor on site who would work with kids to help identify what their career aspirations were.

When my day came for my "one on one" with the counselor, before I could express my fascination with business, this counselor began to talk to me about careers in the city sanitation department, and also "encouraged" me to consider taking more shop classes, as opposed to advanced classes in mathematics.

In retrospect, it is no surprise that even though my grades were good enough for me to make the honor society every semester, it was a part of this counselors belief system that I was only capable of performing jobs that did not require more complex skills.

So, when I went home that day and told him about my experience, he made a beeline for that counselors office the next morning prior to going to work.

Needless to say I was treated differently by that counselor from that day forward.

I think your experiance could be repeated by many black people - and it was a sad time in the history of our country. While many people would call me a racist on this board - I believe what happened to you was WRONG.

When it comes to education and job opportunity for US citizens - I believe that every child regardless of race should be encouraged carreer wise BASED on their intelligence. You should have been encourged in your dream - if you grades matched your aspirations.

I believe many children(both white, black and hispanic) today are pushed off to college into careers they are completely incapable of pursing. Each of us had different cognitive ability. I want the best person to be a doctor, lawyer, engineer or business manager - I don't care what his skin color is - I care what his intelligence is.

I believe we need to do a combination of looking at GPAs as well as aptitude testing for kids in highschool. If you have bad GPA and low apptitude - then maybe you should be steered toward the sanitation department and manual labor job. If you display a higher IQ and apptitude, and have a decent GPA - then you should be encouraged to a higher level job.

Affirmative Action was an attempt to open doors of opportunity, .

BS. Don't gimme that "noble experiment" crap. AA was a hate crime against whites right from the start.

Do you feel victimized, little one? :lol:

Why won't you answer Aristotle's question, by the way? Why don't you ever answer direct questions? What are you afraid of (besides the obvious)?

I say stop all special treatment and let blacks sink or swim on their own. I'm sure they'll sink and i'm ok with that.

How about you? What advanced degree did you earn all by yourself? What impressive position do you hold? What great inventions have you given to mankind?

Aristotle - I don't agree with anyone on this board who makes a blanket statement like "blacks are stupid". That implies all blacks are stupid. What I believe is - there are intelligent and talented people among every race(including blacks).

However I do believe that the statistics speak for themselves in regard to race. World wide- blacks on average score lowest academically. In the United states blacks score higher than blacks in other countries, but still when compared to other races in America they still score on the bottom.

There are some who try to argue that if poverty were removed and more education was given these differences would go away - I just don't see evidence to support that. Even when comparing blacks of middle class income to whites of middle class income - the whites still score higher(Asians actually score best). These racial rankings are consistant worldwide.

I believe the idea that all races must be equal in intelligence(where there is the same share of high IQ whites to high IQ blacks) is one based in emotion and not fact. Nature is not equal. Even from a forensic and biolgical standpoint -while we are all equally human - we are not equal in many other ways. Bone structure, bone density, genetic defects are all different among races. But why must we assume with all these differences -that our brain capacities are somehow identical among races?

Please do not misunderstand me - I know and have worked with many intelligent black people, in fact I have worked with some really smart black people that were smarter than me. My argument is - there is not evidence to suggest that each race should have exactly the same percentage of smart people to lesser intelligent people.

Because then 90% of blacks could not be accepted. That's the real reason for AA. Even libs know blacks are mentallyormfront inferior.

And where did you read (doubting that you actually can) that this 90% statistic is accurate? Or did you just pull this out of your anal cavity?

there are other stats we can and have pulled.

Do you really want to go there?

This is a message board and all of you are just anonymous and often entertaining screenames to me. I really do not care one way or another

And where did you read (doubting that you actually can) that this 90% statistic is accurate? Or did you just pull this out of your anal cavity?

This is a message board and all of you are just anonymous and often entertaining screenames to me. I really do not care one way or another

knew you would chicken out

One more time....... I do not care what you post. You said that "WE can and have pulled stats", which tells me one thing.....YOU can't post an original thought or credible stat on your own...

Now what?

[

School administrator?? WTF does that mean?. Was he a secretary? Maybe he was in human resources. HAHAHA. Why can't blacks get useful jobs and be engineers and physicists?

I My first instinct was to tell you to look it up, but then I realized that every "litter" has it's defects.

Here is "WTF" it means,Jethro:

School Administrator
Specially certified educator whose job is to direct and manage daily operation of all programs in an individual school. May also include personnel employed by central educational office who work at local school level. Also known as principal, assistant principal, or head master/mistress.

Now in my own words: The title school administrator can also be applied to a "multi unit" position such as a School Superintindent.

I also must add that reading some of the empty headed rubbish that
you post has motivated me to act in a more charitable manner this holiday season
towards those who have suffered chronic brain damage from their heads being perpetually up their asses.

Thank you for helping me beome more empathetic.:clap2:

I think your experiance could be repeated by many black people - and it was a sad time in the history of our country. While many people would call me a racist on this board - I believe what happened to you was WRONG.

When it comes to education and job opportunity for US citizens - I believe that every child regardless of race should be encouraged carreer wise BASED on their intelligence. You should have been encourged in your dream - if you grades matched your aspirations.

I believe many children(both white, black and hispanic) today are pushed off to college into careers they are completely incapable of pursing. Each of us had different cognitive ability. I want the best person to be a doctor, lawyer, engineer or business manager - I don't care what his skin color is - I care what his intelligence is.

I believe we need to do a combination of looking at GPAs as well as aptitude testing for kids in highschool. If you have bad GPA and low apptitude - then maybe you should be steered toward the sanitation department and manual labor job. If you display a higher IQ and apptitude, and have a decent GPA - then you should be encouraged to a higher level job.

And on all of the above in your post, I agree.

I wish blacks didn't need anything like Affirmative action...I understand full well(I hope I'm a fucking idiot on this one) that this world is going to hell if blacks take it over.

Just like your first officer better be able to captain a ship...Well, all races I'd hope could do the same. Blacks give me major pause.

I wish blacks didn't need anything like Affirmative action...I understand full well(I hope I'm a fucking idiot on this one) that this world is going to hell if blacks take it over.

Just like your first officer better be able to captain a ship...Well, all races I'd hope could do the same. Blacks give me major pause.

Yup.

You're a fucking idiot, all right.

Thanks for clearing that up.

One more time....... I do not care what you post. You said that "WE can and have pulled stats", which tells me one thing.....YOU can't post an original thought or credible stat on your own...

Now what?

you would be wrong

I wish blacks didn't need anything like Affirmative action..

Well - they do. Without AA, very very few can get good jobs and they just go on welfare. That's why we need to chase out the blacks just like africa is chasing out whites.

I wish blacks didn't need anything like Affirmative action..

Well - they do. Without AA, very very few can get good jobs and they just go on welfare. That's why we need to chase out the blacks just like africa is chasing out whites.

Are you personally going to chase anyone out of anywhere, pussy? No, I didn't think so.

Btw:
You never told me if your advanced degree is in Physics or Engineering. Which is it? And you never described all your great contributions to science and technology. Go ahead.

Forum List

Back