🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What would happen to blacks if we ended affirmative action?

If affirmative action laws were repealed the BIGGEST loser group would be upper middle class women.

I say this because that subset of the "oppressed" community is the subset who most benefitted from Affiramative Action laws.

NO its wasn't Blacks, neither was it Black women, it was upper middle class WHITE WOMEN who have benefitted most from AA.

bullshit

white women have not needed AA

white women are high achievers with higher levels of education and academic achievement than average.

Not really. You're assuming all college majors are the same but a degree in a tech field like engineering or physics is far far tougher than one in education or sociology. 80% of engineering degrees are to men.

Take more brains to get a Bachelor's degree in physics than a dozen PHDs in the humanities.

If affirmative action laws were repealed the BIGGEST loser group would be upper middle class women.

I say this because that subset of the "oppressed" community is the subset who most benefitted from Affiramative Action laws.

NO its wasn't Blacks, neither was it Black women, it was upper middle class WHITE WOMEN who have benefitted most from AA.

And isn't that stupid?. Classifying women as a minority!!!!! Every time a group fails, the govt says they have to get special treatment.

And isn't that stupid?. Classifying women as a minority!!!!! Every time a group fails, the govt says they have to get special treatment.

I disagree that white women have failed.

white women are high achievers with higher levels of education and academic achievement than average.

Not really. You're assuming all college majors are the same but a degree in a tech field like engineering or physics is far far tougher than one in education or sociology. 80% of engineering degrees are to men.

Take more brains to get a Bachelor's degree in physics than a dozen PHDs in the humanities.

if you look at SAT scores, grades, IQ tests etc you will find that white women are quite competitive as a demographic.

It's their maternal habits that hurt their chances in most cases. The govt shouldn't meddle with that.

if you look at SAT scores, grades, IQ tests etc you will find that white women are quite competitive as a demographic.

It's their maternal habits that hurt their chances in most cases. The govt shouldn't meddle with that.

Maternal habits doesn't explain why 18 year old girls choose psychology over physics.

They don't have the brains to get good jobs on merit so i suspect their welfare rate would jump from 35% to 95%!!! Skeptics might say that before AA came along most blacks were not on welfare, but that's because welfare 50 years ago was not as high-paying as it is now. Used to be welfare meant just enough to live on, now it gives you a comfortable lower middle-class existence.

So ending AA must be combined with a big reduction in welfare availability.

What would probably happen if AA ended is that it would also end a lot of whining about "reverse discrimination".......which is an oxymoron if there ever was one.

:eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo:

If AA did not exist then we might believe that Aristotle actually got all these accolades he claims to have on his own merit. Until then you can't help but be dubious.

Actually I did. Do you know how hard it is to get into a prestigious school like UCLA? I had to compete with many Asians from India to Korea. I worked my tail off and no, I had no free ride I had to work twice as hard so please spare me that crap. Judging by the English composition that many lack here I doubt many here could even pass the GRE.

as an alumni of UCLA you could hardly be unaware of the many studies of racial preferences at that university. both before and after prop 209.

I think it is rather hypocritical of you to claim that you had to work twice as hard when in fact blacks are admitted with lower scores and qualifications, especially for transfers and graduate studies.

Dude WTF are you talking about?

My background is in Cognitive-Behavioral Neuropsychology.

To be considered for grad school at UCLA the candidate has to have:

Minimum 3.2 GPA (The median average is actually 3.7 so having a 3.3 is actually bad just imagine having a 3.2)

Have a high GRE (Graduate Record Examinations) score in both Quantitative (that's math for you idiots) and verbal

Have a background in research experience at least 2 year minimum

UCLA stress GPA and GRE. If your GPA sucks you better be damn good in your GRE and better have good research experience.

It doesn't matter if your black or hispanic if you do not meet the requirements you will not get accepted point blank period. You see, if you were an actual graduate student with some knowledge of getting into graduate school you'd know this. Each school has its requirements for admission. UCLA will not admit a C average student doesn't matter what color you are. The reason? Because as a graduate student you receive about 97% of assistance from the school (in the form of loans) so the school see any incoming student as an investment. UCLA will not invest in a C average student with a low GRE score.

If two African-Americans applied to UCLA, they will most definitely admit the one with the best record. Alas, you fail again in your logic....Judging by your lack of knowledge you probably never attended college.

If AA did not exist then we might believe that Aristotle actually got all these accolades he claims to have on his own merit. Until then you can't help but be dubious.

Actually I did. Do you know how hard it is to get into a prestigious school like UCLA? I had to compete with many Asians from India to Korea. I worked my tail off and no, I had no free ride I had to work twice as hard so please spare me that crap. Judging by the English composition that many lack here I doubt many here could even pass the GRE.

Not to take anything away from your accomplishments, and certainly not to provide any fodder to the racist fucking douchebags here, but the GRE is not pass/fail and you are really not in a position to comment on anyone else's English.

No GRE is not pass or fail but having a low score most certainly narrows your options to get into a really good school so technically, at least in my book if I suck in the quantitative portion of the GRE and scored high in Verbal and mediocre in writing my chances of getting into a good school are slim and in my mind (this is purely my view of how I would judge myself) I would have failed to at least increase my chance. When I mentioned "passing the GRE" I'm referring to the classic bell curve as the GRE is scored.

Not really.....

I took spherical trigonometry when I took astronomy my freshman year. 120 students on the first day, 20 students at the finals. I scored a B+ in a class where my math is not my strongest point. Majoring in the hard sciences like physics, and engineering doesn't mean you're smart. It doesn't take a genius to follow formulas and calculations. Anyone can succeed in those fields if you apply yourself. If Physics wasn't so boring I'd already have my Bachlors of Science in that field.

as an alumni of UCLA you could hardly be unaware of the many studies of racial preferences at that university. both before and after prop 209.

I think it is rather hypocritical of you to claim that you had to work twice as hard when in fact blacks are admitted with lower scores and qualifications, especially for transfers and graduate studies.

Dude WTF are you talking about?

My background is in Cognitive-Behavioral Neuropsychology.

To be considered for grad school at UCLA the candidate has to have:

Minimum 3.2 GPA (The median average is actually 3.7 so having a 3.3 is actually bad just imagine having a 3.2)

Have a high GRE (Graduate Record Examinations) score in both Quantitative (that's math for you idiots) and verbal

Have a background in research experience at least 2 year minimum

UCLA stress GPA and GRE. If your GPA sucks you better be damn good in your GRE and better have good research experience.

It doesn't matter if your black or hispanic if you do not meet the requirements you will not get accepted point blank period. You see, if you were an actual graduate student with some knowledge of getting into graduate school you'd know this. Each school has its requirements for admission. UCLA will not admit a C average student doesn't matter what color you are. The reason? Because as a graduate student you receive about 97% of assistance from the school (in the form of loans) so the school see any incoming student as an investment. UCLA will not invest in a C average student with a low GRE score.

If two African-Americans applied to UCLA, they will most definitely admit the one with the best record. Alas, you fail again in your logic....Judging by your lack of knowledge you probably never attended college.

you are neatly sidestepping the issue. are you truely unaware of Sander and his investigation into Law Schools, or the Grutter and Gratz cases. the release of information showing just how extensive the gap between the white/asian and minority cohorts is really quite astounding because there is very little overlap between them. typically about half of minorities fall in the bottom 10% of qualifications and the whites/asians down there with them were likely only accepted to camoflauge the mix.

there has been a recent investigation into the 'holistic' admissions at the SoCal institutions that also shows large preferences given to minorities but I havent followed it closely. I suppose it is easier for blacks to stay uninformed on affirmative action so they can keep a straight face when they make their talking points such as you have done.

the problem is not that they dont take the best qualified blacks.....the problem is that they take as many blacks as they need without worrying about qualifications. a quota by a different name. such as 'holistic'.

LoL you mentioned Law Schools...

You fucking idiot the LSAT and GRE are different...Schools that require GRE have certain requirements. Schools that require LSAT have their requirements...Wow you racist are very stupid.

IanC you racist POS this black man has explained in detail the admissions process. You are that stupid in making false statements. You do know, GMAT, GRE, MCAT, LSAT have different scoring requirements. That means using legal cases or anything is stupid.

Maternal habits doesn't explain why 18 year old girls choose psychology over physics.

ever get into an argument with a woman?

Ever win?

They don't have the brains to get good jobs on merit so i suspect their welfare rate would jump from 35% to 95%!!! Skeptics might say that before AA came along most blacks were not on welfare, but that's because welfare 50 years ago was not as high-paying as it is now. Used to be welfare meant just enough to live on, now it gives you a comfortable lower middle-class existence.

So ending AA must be combined with a big reduction in welfare availability.

What would probably happen if AA ended is that it would also end a lot of whining about "reverse discrimination".......which is an oxymoron if there ever was one.

:eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo:

true

either it's descrimination or it isn't

ever get into an argument with a woman?

Ever win?

They'll never admit one way or the other. :eusa_shhh: You can have the better argument but they will do as a black does. Side step.

bullshit

white women have not needed AA

Nevertheless they were eligible for it, and many of them, mostly upper middle class White Woman, I note, had the resources to take full advantage of it.

No group of Americans did better by AA than already-affluent White women.

Forum List

Back