What would Liberals eat?

And here's another study that shows that kids raised by married parents are less likely to be obese than ones raised by singles.

Children of married parents less likely to be obese -- ScienceDaily

The experiment of the Federal Government replacing parents is not at all successful.

Wrong.

You need to sharpen up those "reading comprehension skills;"

In a recent edition of the Journal of Applied Research on Children: Informing Policy for Children at Risk, research by Kimbro and colleagues shows that children living in a traditional two-parent married household are less likely to be obese (17 percent obesity rate) ....
The exception to this finding was children living with single fathers or in married stepparent households, who had an obesity rate of 15 percent

I suspect that SF's recipes include more calories, salt and fat than allowed by the Michelle O menu foisted upon The Small Folk.

You can guess, I guess.

It would carry more weight if you could find some facts.

Frankly, reading the menu, it sounds healthier than that to me.

You have a greater chance getting sick from eating veggies from stores, than you do from eating meat...
Proof?

Almost all the ecoli and staff outbreaks of the last couple of decades have been from vegetables. Usually it is tainted water used to grow vegetables with.

Who can forget the spinach outbreak a couple of years ago? Linked mostly to a farm in Camarillo CA, with run-off from a dairy farm feeding the plants.

CDC - Outbreaks Involving E. coli

They're feeding the so-called *hungry* kids fewer calories, and charging the American tax payer a LOT more for the privilege of having the gov't starve their kids.

The kids aren't hungry due to fewer calories. Every article I've read, the kids are hungry because they're tossing out the food.

In that case, the kids are starving themselves.

As I was told when I was a kid a refused to eat,,You'll get nothing else, eat it or go hungry

Tuition is only $36,264 per year, and includes Hot Lunch!

Sidwell Friends School Admissions Tuition and Fees

Point being, some people are complaining about the lack of doughnuts or chips or gravy-laden food in public school cafeterias. I'm pretty sure that Sidwell is feeding kids more in line with the proposed nutritional standards that public schools are trying to accommodate now.
They have desserts and vending machines, the rich kids get the choice

They're feeding the so-called *hungry* kids fewer calories, and charging the American tax payer a LOT more for the privilege of having the gov't starve their kids.

The kids aren't hungry due to fewer calories. Every article I've read, the kids are hungry because they're tossing out the food.

In that case, the kids are starving themselves.

No, catchup...the government insists they are *hungry* which justifies more money being spent on the lunch programs...which in turn, reduces their caloric intake.

Point being, some people are complaining about the lack of doughnuts or chips or gravy-laden food in public school cafeterias. I'm pretty sure that Sidwell is feeding kids more in line with the proposed nutritional standards that public schools are trying to accommodate now.[/QUOTE]

Why do you insist on ignoring what I'm telling you? Caloric intake through the day has been INCREASED. It's just now split between at least 2 meals and a snack rather than being in one big meal. DUH
I suspect that SF's recipes include more calories, salt and fat than allowed by the Michelle O menu foisted upon The Small Folk.

You suspect, rather than you know? I suspect a private school like that has a classically trained chef and they are cooking healthier than the new standards for public schools.[/QUOTE]

Point being, some people are complaining about the lack of doughnuts or chips or gravy-laden food in public school cafeterias. I'm pretty sure that Sidwell is feeding kids more in line with the proposed nutritional standards that public schools are trying to accommodate now.

Why do you insist on ignoring what I'm telling you? Caloric intake through the day has been INCREASED. It's just now split between at least 2 meals and a snack rather than being in one big meal. DUH

You suspect, rather than you know? I suspect a private school like that has a classically trained chef and they are cooking healthier than the new standards for public schools.

And the public schools gets cooks like Katz

You can guess, I guess.

Look at the menus yourself. They contain numerous cheesy pastas, which are not allowed in the Michelle O program.

Michelle-Obama-lunches.jpg
students-hate-michelle-obamas-lunch-3.jpg
students-hate-michelle-obamas-lunch-3.jpg
Michelle O approved lunches!

You suspect, rather than you know? I suspect a private school like that has a classically trained chef and they are cooking healthier than the new standards for public schools.

Public schools are allowed to hire chefs you know

If the Federal government didn't provide them 24/7/365 minute by minute instructions, what would Liberals eat? House plants? Dirt? Paint chips? paper clips? I mean are they really that helpless that they need Michelle Obama to tell them EVERYTHING?

"The federal snack rules take effect this year for school districts across the country that participate in the federal free and reduced lunch program. They restrict snack foods sold at schools to those with at least 50 percent whole grain, with low sugar, fat and sodium content. Each snack must also come in under 200 calories, according to the news site.

That means a lot of popular snacks are now off the table, including donuts, brownies, potato chips, full flavor pop, candy bars, and most other foods teenagers prefer. Even salt shakers and packets are now illegal."

School employee on snack rules 8216 You cannot buy a Tic Tac in a Nebraska school I checked 8217 - EAGnews.org powered by Education Action Group Foundation Inc.
amazes me that anybody has a problem with public schools feeding kids healthier foods. But there it is.

See this is where the giant leap the left loves to do,jump to the conclusion that works for their talking points.

Its not the quality of food,everyone knows junk food is just that,its the need for ,it appears for people like yourself to be told what to do. Any school district can do just that without the feds holding money hostage. And many already have without big brother.Safe bet rural districts like the one we live in having done just that long ago many more have done the same.

You can guess, I guess.

Look at the menus yourself. They contain numerous cheesy pastas, which are not allowed in the Michelle O program.

What are you talking about? Of course cheesy pastas are allowed. There is NOTHING in the standards which prohibit a school from serving cheesy pastas

Public schools are allowed to hire chefs you know

I would have settled with Grandma's cookin'..But I took a lunch pal for years...

If the Federal government didn't provide them 24/7/365 minute by minute instructions, what would Liberals eat? House plants? Dirt? Paint chips? paper clips? I mean are they really that helpless that they need Michelle Obama to tell them EVERYTHING?

"The federal snack rules take effect this year for school districts across the country that participate in the federal free and reduced lunch program. They restrict snack foods sold at schools to those with at least 50 percent whole grain, with low sugar, fat and sodium content. Each snack must also come in under 200 calories, according to the news site.

That means a lot of popular snacks are now off the table, including donuts, brownies, potato chips, full flavor pop, candy bars, and most other foods teenagers prefer. Even salt shakers and packets are now illegal."

School employee on snack rules 8216 You cannot buy a Tic Tac in a Nebraska school I checked 8217 - EAGnews.org powered by Education Action Group Foundation Inc.
amazes me that anybody has a problem with public schools feeding kids healthier foods. But there it is.

See this is where the giant leap the left loves to do,jump to the conclusion that works for their talking points.

Its not the quality of food,everyone knows junk food is just that,its the need for ,it appears for people like yourself to be told what to do. Any school district can do just that without the feds holding money hostage. And many already have without big brother.Safe bet rural districts like the one we live in having done just that long ago many more have done the same.

You don understand that we are talking about federally subsidized meals paid for mostly with WIC funds, yes?

Once again, you let the government buy your lunch, you eat what they want to feed you.

Forum List

Back