What would Liberals eat?

It's funny the older folks who are all like "in my day, we had bologna, salsberry steak, fries, chips, etc etc but we got exercise so we were all fine and dandy!"

While the #1 killer in America became heart disease in their now later years.

Correlation?

At least causes pause long enough to make me giggle.

As it always has been. Yup, most people die when their heart gives out...and the older you get, the more likely you are to have heart disease.

PS..nobody in my family has died of heart disease, and they all ate bologna. 3 of my grandparents lived into their late nineties (my maternal gramma was two days from her 100th..and never spent a day in a nursing home). My maternal grandfather died in his 60s, but that was from liver failure, from a lifetime of binge drinking a couple of times a year, most often from a local still (of his own).
heart disease is being found in younger people today......my grand parents who were Sicilian ate Salami and Capicola and sticks of Pepperoni quite often....but they also ate lots of Fish and lots of Garlic and Olive Oil lived into their 90's.....diets are different today.....to much processed shit and we are seeing the results....

I suspect that SF's recipes include more calories, salt and fat than allowed by the Michelle O menu foisted upon The Small Folk.

You can guess, I guess.

It would carry more weight if you could find some facts.

Frankly, reading the menu, it sounds healthier than that to me.

What are you talking about? Of course cheesy pastas are allowed. There is NOTHING in the standards which prohibit a school from serving cheesy pastas

The total calorie, fat, and salt restrictions makes cheesy pastas very difficult to include, unless the portions are miniscule.

Look at the menus yourself. They contain numerous cheesy pastas, which are not allowed in the Michelle O program.

Last edited:
My kids go to school with bologna sammiches on white bread, chips, pudding, and an apple.

Every day.

Occasionally I send yogurt, or pb&j.
then you're not too sharp in terms of nutrition, if that's the goal with those meals.

Change the white bread to whole grain and she would be doing well.

Protein, carb, dairy, fruit.

What exactly is wrong with it?

and even at that, I don't think two slices of white bread about 260 times a year is going to harm anyone given an otherwise sensible diet

Think again. I dropped 40 pounds, literally, by doing nothing more than cutting out bread. Nothing more.

Sir, if you had 40 lbs to lose you were not eating an otherwise sensible diet, or exercising.

I'm 43 years old and exercise VIGOROUSLY every day and eat what the hell ever I want in moderation. I eat bread EVERY day. I weight 10 lbs more today than I did when I graduated from boot camp in 1988.

No I sure wasn't. I was eating white bread. Which goes directly to your point -- one variable, removed, took with it 40 pounds. One.

As far as the rest of my diet it was and still is healthier than most, for example I haven't eaten beef or pork sinee the '70s. That didn't change; the bread was the culprit.
im a Carnivore....couldnt go without Meat....but i dont eat it everyday....lots of Bean dishes....

My kids go to school with bologna sammiches on white bread, chips, pudding, and an apple.

Every day.

then you're not too sharp in terms of nutrition, if that's the goal with those meals.

and even at that, I don't think two slices of white bread about 260 times a year is going to harm anyone given an otherwise sensible diet

Think again. I dropped 40 pounds, literally, by doing nothing more than cutting out bread. Nothing more.

Sir, if you had 40 lbs to lose you were not eating an otherwise sensible diet, or exercising.

I'm 43 years old and exercise VIGOROUSLY every day and eat what the hell ever I want in moderation. I eat bread EVERY day. I weight 10 lbs more today than I did when I graduated from boot camp in 1988.

No I sure wasn't. I was eating white bread. Which goes directly to your point -- one variable, removed, took with it 40 pounds. One.

As far as the rest of my diet it was and still is healthier than most, for example I haven't eaten beef or pork sinee the '70s. That didn't change; the bread was the culprit.
im a Carnivore....couldnt go without Meat....but i dont eat it everyday....lots of Bean dishes....

Beans and a complex carb = complete protein.
My family has raised up generations with beans as a staple.

do you understand that those are what LOCAL schools are choosing to serve?

Blame the shitty cooks at whatever fucking school that is. Our school cooks worked all summer to come up with tasty menus that fit within the guidelines.

Here's some sample recipes that fit TOTALLY within the new guidelines

http://www.kn-eat.org/snp/SNP_Docs/...as_Menus/SY2014-15/HKM_Recipes_8_Weeks_V2.pdf

Now, if some kitchen is too lazy to make good meals, go to your local school board meeting and raise hell until they fire their asses.

BLAME THE LOCAL DIPSHITS for that crap , not the standards, which as you can PLAINLY see can be made into good food.

The kitchens are hampered by the federal regulations they must labor under. For example, the cafeteria at the schools were my children attend are not allowed to handle uncooked meat. That's right, they can't cook pieces of chicken, or anything that starts out raw.

All they can do is re-distribute food from one container to another...or in the case of entrees, heat it up. It can't actually be COOKED on site.

In fact, I'm not aware of any school where they are cooking raw chicken and raw meat at teh school site. Where is this taking place?

Every day.

I eat meat everyday, but only eat red meat once or twice a week. I mean gotta use some common sense when you hit 40.

If the Federal government didn't provide them 24/7/365 minute by minute instructions, what would Liberals eat? House plants? Dirt? Paint chips? paper clips? I mean are they really that helpless that they need Michelle Obama to tell them EVERYTHING?

"The federal snack rules take effect this year for school districts across the country that participate in the federal free and reduced lunch program. They restrict snack foods sold at schools to those with at least 50 percent whole grain, with low sugar, fat and sodium content. Each snack must also come in under 200 calories, according to the news site.

That means a lot of popular snacks are now off the table, including donuts, brownies, potato chips, full flavor pop, candy bars, and most other foods teenagers prefer. Even salt shakers and packets are now illegal."

School employee on snack rules 8216 You cannot buy a Tic Tac in a Nebraska school I checked 8217 - EAGnews.org powered by Education Action Group Foundation Inc.
amazes me that anybody has a problem with public schools feeding kids healthier foods. But there it is.

See this is where the giant leap the left loves to do,jump to the conclusion that works for their talking points.

Its not the quality of food,everyone knows junk food is just that,its the need for ,it appears for people like yourself to be told what to do. Any school district can do just that without the feds holding money hostage. And many already have without big brother.Safe bet rural districts like the one we live in having done just that long ago many more have done the same.

You don understand that we are talking about federally subsidized meals paid for mostly with WIC funds, yes?

Once again, you let the government buy your lunch, you eat what they want to feed you.

So? Is the food directly supplied by the feeds?no its cooked locally? right ? the word subsidized would mean what? You must buy government cheese? And if you think that well.

I've worked in several food processing plants and have always known what goes into the ready foods.. I buy raw stock and cook everyday...

If anything, politics aside, this thread gives a good idea how America's health issues got to where they are today: willful ignorance. With all of the information available at anyone's fingertips these days, the ignorance is most definitely willful.

Everyone should indulge and eat bad things once in a while. Life needs to be worth living.

But when you're confused into thinking these foods should be par for the course and are perfectly fine to consume regularly?

G'luck! I guess.
what concerns me is with Diabetes and Obesity increasing like it has.....there are more and more Sugary Cereals coming out......but hey....they have more fiber.....

The kitchens are hampered by the federal regulations they must labor under.
Our school district isn't so much they have a great menu. Its like going to a descent restaurant,even if the taxes are high which they are,that's money well spent.

I suspect that SF's recipes include more calories, salt and fat than allowed by the Michelle O menu foisted upon The Small Folk.

You can guess, I guess.

The total calorie, fat, and salt restrictions makes cheesy pastas very difficult to include, unless the portions are miniscule.

What are you talking about? Of course cheesy pastas are allowed. There is NOTHING in the standards which prohibit a school from serving cheesy pastas

Look at the menus yourself. They contain numerous cheesy pastas, which are not allowed in the Michelle O program.

Also, take a look at the guidelines here:

http://www.fns.usda.gov/sites/default/files/SP45-2013a.pdf

And then consider the 2 ounces of meat sandwiches and high school boys with football practice...

do you understand that those are what LOCAL schools are choosing to serve?

Blame the shitty cooks at whatever fucking school that is. Our school cooks worked all summer to come up with tasty menus that fit within the guidelines.

Here's some sample recipes that fit TOTALLY within the new guidelines

http://www.kn-eat.org/snp/SNP_Docs/...as_Menus/SY2014-15/HKM_Recipes_8_Weeks_V2.pdf

Now, if some kitchen is too lazy to make good meals, go to your local school board meeting and raise hell until they fire their asses.

BLAME THE LOCAL DIPSHITS for that crap , not the standards, which as you can PLAINLY see can be made into good food.

You really do not grok how Federal Funding manipulates local school choices.

The best school lunches I ever had was in high school in a small town in Mississippi. They take their chow seriously there and weren't about to let the kids go hongry. There were many volunteer cooks whipping up shit that would put you in a coma. Gawd almighty, I still dream of those biscuits!

How is it that some parents and children understand the importance of eating healthy without being controlled by a nanny government? That is what I find amazing. How some families figured it out and taught their children good habits from the start.

There are children and teens who care enough about their health that they reject junk food and only eat it occasionally.

Of course, for the children whose parents are clueless and gave them sweets and junk without making them eat their vegetables first, you're not going to change them by offering up a boring meal. They'll eat twice as much crap when they get home. That means that nanny government cannot stop at schools and must start dictating to people what they can put in their pantries.

My kids had to eat healthy as children because their mean mom didn't allow junk. They got the occasional treat, but always ate their balanced meals. As teens, they were in sports and refused to touch soda or junk because they paid for it during practice. That was just how they were, thanks to a strict mom when it came to diet.

So, Michelle plans to undo years of bad parenting by offering up slim pickings in the lunch room. Nice try, but when you only address the symptoms instead of the real problem, you won't get far.

Maybe we should be more proactive and apply Michelle's food standards to those using EBT cards. How about making it illegal to buy anything other than healthy food and necessities? That would help a huge percent of the children. That way, a large number of parents couldn't buy junk food for their children to eat at home and pack in school lunches.

Come on, cover all bases here or don't bother. I'm sure discussions are underway as to how to get into our homes and impose rules. What are you waiting for, liberals? Some of you are worried sick about a country of idiots sitting with a blank look on their face and drooling on themselves, unsure how to live their lives without experts leading the way.
my Grandmother on my Mothers side who watched us a lot, was a type 1 Diabetic back in the 50's.....we ate good stuff around her.....sugary stuff was not around...she lived into her 90's because she took good care of herself....and for a Diabetic back then....that was pretty good.....

You can guess, I guess.

Also, take a look at the guidelines here:

http://www.fns.usda.gov/sites/default/files/SP45-2013a.pdf

And then consider the 2 ounces of meat sandwiches and high school boys with football practice...

cheesy sauces are allowed. PERIOD

Oh , and you fool the 2 oz of meat is the daily MINIMUM the school must provide .

Read page 13 of your own link

My God that is funny

Every day.

Agreed. I make my Mexican chili (with ground turkey) and lots of seasoning -- almost entirely protein. I can pig out as much as I like and still end up losing weight.

Every day.

Agreed. I make my Mexican chili (with ground turkey) and lots of seasoning -- almost entirely protein. I can pig out as much as I like and still end up losing weight.

See when I cook beans, I use the time I save myself (I can my own beans) to make homemade bread and biscuits, lol...thus pretty much negating the caloric benefits of eating beans bean beans.

But omg it's yummy.

Psst...we eat bread and biscuits with lots of salted BUTTER.

Forum List

Back