Whatcha cookin today?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Just got home and got started.
St Louis Short Ribs in Fat Boy sweet rub. If you can try this rub. It is DELICIOUS.

20210801_122850.jpg
20210801_123133.jpg

As little as possible. I doubt anyone here that values their life will object to sandwiches. Not always, but sometimes my cooking produces an environmental hazard.

Plus it's a few hundred degrees with 147% humidity here in my part of Hillbilly Holler, Mizzouri.

My hubby would likely drive a great many miles to steal that from you and I gotta say, I don't blame him.

Frittata with spinach, cherry tomatoes, onion and a little Fontina. Its too hot here to eat heavy.

So far, a peanut butter sandwitch.

I will make a split-pea chili overnight in the crock pot. Until then, who knows. It is a rainy sunday so who cares either.

So far, a peanut butter sandwitch.

I will make a split-pea chili overnight in the crock pot. Until then, who knows. It is a rainy sunday so who cares either.

I love Split Peas soup... How is chili different??

I love Split Peas soup... How is chili different??

I just do chili beans but instead of using a tomato base I use a split pea one and cook it down to a stew like density. Otherwise all the standard chili bean players are in there.

I just do chili beans but instead of using a tomato base I use a split pea one and cook it down to a stew like density. Otherwise all the standard chili bean players are in there.

Sounds really interesting. Is it spicy?

Sounds really interesting. Is it spicy?

If you want it to be, it can be. If not, then it doesn't have to be. Using the split peas doesn't add or take away from it in that regard IMO. Whether or not I put hot peppers in, on the other hand....

Forum List

Back