Whats Going on With This Kidnapping?

Asclepias

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2013
Breathing rarified air.
I haven't seen any discussion on this issue. Guy seems to have the hots for the 16 yr old daughter of a friend. Somehow he burns the mother and the son up in his home. He takes the girl to idaho and disappears. The daughters father is now hoping the guy returns the girl safely. What do you think is really going on here?

Body found in home identified as brother of kidnapped San Diego teen - CNN.com

I haven't seen any discussion on this issue. Guy seems to have the hots for the 16 yr old daughter of a friend. Somehow he burns the mother and the son up in his home. He takes the girl to idaho and disappears. The daughters father is now hoping the guy returns the girl safely. What do you think is really going on here?

I created a thread about this.

I don't really know much more. It sounds like he invited the mother and brother to his house and killed them/set house on fire and then picked up the girl from gymnastic practice.

At this point I cannot believe the girl knew what was going on. He had previously purchased the camping equipment.

I hope they utilize every available resource and locate them quickly.

I don't really know much more. It sounds like he invited the mother and brother to his house and killed them/set house on fire and then picked up the girl from gymnastic practice.

At this point I cannot believe the girl knew what was going on. He had previously purchased the camping equipment.

link please

Something just doesnt seem right about this. The girl told her friends she was creeped out about the guy but continued to ride with him and never told her parents. I am also wondering what man is going to let his 16 yr old daughter sleep in the same motel room with a 40 yr old guy unsupervised. I dont care how good of a family friend he is. That would never happen in my household.

link please

there's really nothing more in that thread. I was essentially asking the same thing--'What is going on?'

I found an article on google--they are searching the wilderness of Idaho--the car was found and LE is cautiously collecting any sort of evidence from the car.
I think a person on horseback spoke to them on Wednesday and then reported sighting them when he returned on Thursday. I assume there are hundreds, thousands of places to hide in the wilderness. At present 100 people are searching--I would think they need 1,000's.

Something just doesnt seem right about this. The girl told her friends she was creeped out about the guy but continued to ride with him and never told her parents. I am also wondering what man is going to let his 16 yr old daughter sleep in the same motel room with a 40 yr old guy unsupervised. I dont care how good of a family friend he is. That would never happen in my household.

I heard that they actually stayed at his sister's--were never alone in a motel room.

It sounds like the 'creepiness' that concerned the girl hadn't reached a critical point. Her father is working in TN and this guy was a trusted friend.

There don't seem to have been previous red flags. They have interviewed at least one person other than the father that had known him for years. His exwife didn't have anything negative to say.

It is difficult to imagine what sort of problems he might have. It would be very satisfying to be the person who apprehends him, jmo. Sick and tired of even hearing stories like this.

Has anyone ever seen "God Bless America?" It's on Netflix. The plot is ridiculously similar to this. Young disillusioned girl joins up and runs away with an older man and they go on a killing spree.

Pretty good movie and really funny at times. Just an interesting side note.

I heard that they actually stayed at his sister's--were never alone in a motel room.

It sounds like the 'creepiness' that concerned the girl hadn't reached a critical point. Her father is working in TN and this guy was a trusted friend.

There don't seem to have been previous red flags. They have interviewed at least one person other than the father that had known him for years. His exwife didn't have anything negative to say.

It is difficult to imagine what sort of problems he might have. It would be very satisfying to be the person who apprehends him, jmo. Sick and tired of even hearing stories like this.

I watched a video where her friend said she stayed with the guy for several days in a motel but the last day she stayed with her god parents and came back early. So the dad works in TN? What was the mom thinking assuming she knew about this? its just really weird to me.

I watched a video where her friend said she stayed with the guy for several days in a motel but the last day she stayed with her god parents and came back early. So the dad works in TN? What was the mom thinking assuming she knew about this? its just really weird to me.

CNN has shown an interview with a friend of Hannah's. I infer that he had only recently begun to be overly friendly. She said Hannah hadn't talked to her mother about it because she didn't want to cause problems--he helped the family with transportation.

It sounds strange, I agree. The grandparents seem very stable--from what they said the family lived a normal life. The father said he communicated with his family several times a week.

I am certain that the father would enjoy a few moments alone with this @#!$!. I know that is what I would want to do.

Has anyone ever seen "God Bless America?" It's on Netflix. The plot is ridiculously similar to this. Young disillusioned girl joins up and runs away with an older man and they go on a killing spree.

By all accounts she was a happy girl. good student, on the gymnastics team and very popular.

What's odd is that the two were spotted camping in Idaho, and to the person that saw them, was there willingly.

They might be in Canada by now.

By all accounts she was a happy girl. good student, on the gymnastics team and very popular.
It was the first thing I thought about when I read the story. Thought it was an interesting similarity. I hope they're found soon. What the guy is responsible for is absolutely sickening.

What's odd is that the two were spotted camping in Idaho, and to the person that saw them, was there willingly.

They might be in Canada by now.

Who knows what the perv told the girl.

At some point they are going to need additional provisions.

I don't know how far from the Canadian border they might be but I wouldn't think they could get very far each day. He must know people are searching for them.

I think she will be found. Surely Canada would assist in such a search.

CNN--news conference momentarily--sheriff's dept thinks he is dead. No word on Hannah.

There was a theory that today is the anniversary of his father's suicide.

more to come.

Dimaggio--shot and killed by FBI--Hannah appears to be OK.

not many details---an investigative team/FBI has to do an assessment before specifics are released.

They were only about 8 mi from where they were sighted --very rugged terrain. They were spotted from the air and a tactical team then went in.

Forum List

Back