What's the Deal with Guam/NK??

flacaltenn

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2011
Hillbilly Hollywood, Tenn
I had this figured out last night. Was waiting for ANYBODY in the Media to figure this out today, but no dice. The question is -- Why is Lil Kim Chee Jr telling us exactly where his missiles are gonna go? He's even given us the general location of Guam and the NUMBER and the TYPE of missiles he intends to "test fire"..

When the US was perfecting ICBM guidance and flight control, we had a huge very expensive test range in the Pacific. This was built over the left-overs from the Gemini/Apollo worldwide tracking network. You NEED that to get actual readings of trajectory, speed, accuracy. Kim Chee Jr. has NOTHING. EXCEPT maybe Chinese Intelligence and their meager space assets.

So he WANTS us to pre-position the tracking, missile defense and general reinforcement of Guam. Probably doesn't intend to HIT Guam.

He only wants US to tell him where his missiles ended up on this "attack".. I'm pretty sure the Pentagon has considered this. The problem is -- if four missiles are launched and this is his "evil" plan --- how will the DOD keep the virulent anti-Trump media from "leaking" details of where those missiles splash?

We COULD test the shipboard THAAD systems and try to BRING them down. But that just it makes it easier for him to find out where his missiles went. And missing one or two would be a true embarrassment. Because that's a THEATER system. Designed mostly to kill short/medium missile attacks. Not ICBMs..

I'll leave the rest up to you guys to figure out. But the way Kim Chee is TAUNTING about Guam is too transparent.. He has to an "angle" to telegraphing this move. And I THINK -- this is it..

A good possibliity. OTOH, Kim is just a child with every expensive tastes in toys and he enjoys being a big shot such as tweaking the nose of the United States. He won't do anything to cross the line because that would be suicide, but he can fuck with us all day long without repercussions.

I had this figured out last night. Was waiting for ANYBODY in the Media to figure this out today, but no dice. The question is -- Why is Lil Kim Chee Jr telling us exactly where his missiles are gonna go? He's even given us the general location of Guam and the NUMBER and the TYPE of missiles he intends to "test fire"..

When the US was perfecting ICBM guidance and flight control, we had a huge very expensive test range in the Pacific. This was built over the left-overs from the Gemini/Apollo worldwide tracking network. You NEED that to get actual readings of trajectory, speed, accuracy. Kim Chee Jr. has NOTHING. EXCEPT maybe Chinese Intelligence and their meager space assets.

So he WANTS us to pre-position the tracking, missile defense and general reinforcement of Guam. Probably doesn't intend to HIT Guam.

He only wants US to tell him where his missiles ended up on this "attack".. I'm pretty sure the Pentagon has considered this. The problem is -- if four missiles are launched and this is his "evil" plan --- how will the DOD keep the virulent anti-Trump media from "leaking" details of where those missiles splash?

We COULD test the shipboard THAAD systems and try to BRING them down. But that just it makes it easier for him to find out where his missiles went. And missing one or two would be a true embarrassment. Because that's a THEATER system. Designed mostly to kill short/medium missile attacks. Not ICBMs..

I'll leave the rest up to you guys to figure out. But the way Kim Chee is TAUNTING about Guam is too transparent.. He has to an "angle" to telegraphing this move. And I THINK -- this is it..

We have Aegis missiles on ships. THADD systems are in South Korea and on Guam.

I honestly think he will try attacking somewhere but not Guam.....if he does goodnight

I would guess that since Trump has called his bluff, Lil Kim Chee has realized that his crappy missiles might not even be good enough to reach the US mainland.

That's correct. Thanks. THADD is relatively "portable" system and very similar to the AEGIS based ship board system. But NEITHER is anywhere near the BMDefense system for ICBMs. That's only solidly land based in Alaska and California.

That's correct. Thanks. THADD is relatively "portable" system and very similar to the AEGIS based ship board system. But NEITHER is anywhere near the BMDefense system for ICBMs. That's only solidly land based in Alaska and California.

Aegis and THADD missiles are only made to try and destroy missiles while in their ascent. The ones in California and Alaska are meant to destroy them while in space.

I would guess that since Trump has called his bluff, Lil Kim Chee has realized that his crappy missiles might not even be good enough to reach the US mainland.

Lil Kim may be WANTING us to employ the THAAD/Aegis system against these. He has no other chance to get accurate ranging and tracking on his longer range missiles. I'm HOPING that some people smarter than the media are onto this ploy.

It's NOT an attack or threat of an attack. He needs HELP in his missile testing program. That's my theory. We'll see if I'm right.

Aegis and THADD missiles are only made to try and destroy missiles while in their ascent. The ones in California and Alaska are meant to destroy them while in space.

Yeah -- well.. It's not the intercept part of Aegis that's important here. It's the radar and telemetry and photo-imaging part that's important. Just picking up a re-entry trail is all that's really required to watch them come in.

And the Chinese of course COULD also just determine the splash locations and US Naval activity by watching from space and sharing with the little tyrant.

Lil Kim may be WANTING us to employ the THAAD/Aegis system against these. He has no other chance to get accurate ranging and tracking on his longer range missiles. I'm HOPING that some people smarter than the media are onto this ploy.

It's NOT an attack or threat of an attack. He needs HELP in his missile testing program. That's my theory. We'll see if I'm right.

Interesting possibility there. Using our own missile defense systems for adjusting their telemetry.

Yeah -- well.. It's not the intercept part of Aegis that's important here. It's the radar and telemetry and photo-imaging part that's important. Just picking up a re-entry trail is all that's really required to watch them come in.

And the Chinese of course COULD also just determine the splash locations and US Naval activity by watching from space and sharing with the little tyrant.

Well the one wild card here is, whether Japan will also try to intercept any missile fired from North Korea as well. There is not enough response time for Japan to be able to communicate with the U.S. before making that decisions, unless they already have a plan... and last time I remember reading about this, I believe Japan said they would in fact try to shoot them down.

Interesting possibility there. Using our own missile defense systems for adjusting their telemetry.

Yeah but even if they did that, it would only be effective with the THAAD missiles in Guam and South Korea, and the interceptor missiles from Japan. The Aegis missiles on the Navy ships are mobile, so they couldn't plan for those.

Yeah but even if they did that, it would only be effective with the THAAD missiles in Guam and South Korea, and the interceptor missiles from Japan. The Aegis missiles on the Navy ships are mobile, so they couldn't plan for those.

It's hard to say if those North Korean engineers developing those missiles are very smart, or very lucky. But I do think that their main motivation is fear. Failure usually means either death or dishonor in that wonderful worker's paradise.

It's hard to say if those North Korean engineers developing those missiles are very smart, or very lucky. But I do think that their main motivation is fear. Failure usually means either death or dishonor in that wonderful worker's paradise.

North Korea does have some smart people... I mean they were able to hack Sony which has security at a level almost equal to the DoD.

They MIGHT be able to put a few ships out NEAR the splash zone with enough radar to catch something. But they are BLIND over the horizon. It's very hard to perfect guidance systems and trajectories without a fairly sophisticated missile range. BIG impediment if China or Russia won't help them with that.

They MIGHT be able to put a few ships out NEAR the splash zone with enough radar to catch something. But they are BLIND over the horizon. It's very hard to perfect guidance systems and trajectories without a fairly sophisticated missile range. BIG impediment if China or Russia won't help them with that.

But doesn't North Korea have a satellite that can track their own stuff? I remember reading just not long ago that it passed over the U.S. not long ago.

But doesn't North Korea have a satellite that can track their own stuff? I remember reading just not long ago that it passed over the U.S. not long ago.

They might. But nothing with enough power and sophistication to help with this. You need movable satellites to do this kind of "surveillance".. Even if NK just wanted to track our naval forces in the area -- they MIGHT get a glimpse every 90 minutes or so depending on the orbit.

They might. But nothing with enough power and sophistication to help with this. You need movable satellites to do this kind of "surveillance".. Even if NK just wanted to track our naval forces in the area -- they MIGHT get a glimpse every 90 minutes or so depending on the orbit.

Here you go.

Super Bowl: North Korean satellite passes directly over Levi’s Stadium – The Mercury News

Forum List

Back