What’s the Difference Between Progressives and the KKK?

Why did most Southern Democrats become Republicans.

They didn't. THe next generation of richer and younger and more "liberal" Southerns did.

Sooooo why are most of the Governors and State Houses controlled by Republicans?

Because as the South changed from poor and rural, to urban and middle class, the poor rural dems were eventually outvoted by the growing middle class whites.

I've posted links discussing this historical fact many times on this site. Do you want it again?

Yes give it too me again, because it sounds like bullshit.

From that right wing rag, the New York Times.

The Myth of ‘the Southern Strategy’

"Everyone knows that race has long played a decisive role in Southern electoral politics. From the end of Reconstruction until the beginning of the civil rights era, the story goes, the national Democratic Party made room for segregationist members — and as a result dominated the South. But in the 50s and 60s, Democrats embraced the civil rights movement, costing them the white Southern vote. Meanwhile, the Republican Party successfully wooed disaffected white racists with a “Southern strategy” that championed “states’ rights.”

It’s an easy story to believe, but this year two political scientists called it into question. In their book “The End of Southern Exceptionalism,” Richard Johnston of the University of Pennsylvania and Byron Shafer of the University of Wisconsin argue that the shift in the South from Democratic to Republican was overwhelmingly a question not of race but of economic growth. In the postwar era, they note, the South transformed itself from a backward region to an engine of the national economy, giving rise to a sizable new wealthy suburban class. This class, not surprisingly, began to vote for the party that best represented its economic interests: the G.O.P. Working-class whites, however — and here’s the surprise — even those in areas with large black populations, stayed loyal to the Democrats. (This was true until the 90s, when the nation as a whole turned rightward in Congressional voting.)

The two scholars support their claim with an extensive survey of election returns and voter surveys. To give just one example: in the 50s, among Southerners in the low-income tercile, 43 percent voted for Republican Presidential candidates, while in the high-income tercile, 53 percent voted Republican; by the 80s, those figures were 51 percent and 77 percent, respectively. Wealthy Southerners shifted rightward in droves but poorer ones didn’t.

To be sure, Shafer says, many whites in the South aggressively opposed liberal Democrats on race issues. “But when folks went to the polling booths,” he says, “they didn’t shoot off their own toes. They voted by their economic preferences, not racial preferences.” Shafer says these results should give liberals hope. “If Southern politics is about class and not race,” he says, “then they can get it back.” "

Bolding added.

How the South Became Republican: It’s About Race

Hmmm, most KKK consider themselves to be right wing, conservatives.

There is little difference between the platform of the KKK and the RepublKlan Party
Must be why KKK members endorse democrats.

From Newsweek...

FORMER KKK LEADER DAVID DUKE ENDORSES TULSI GABBARD 2020 PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN, SAYS SHE'LL PUT AMERICAN INTERESTS OVER ISRAEL

From Washington Post

Former KKK Grand Wizard David Duke heaps praise on Rep. Ilhan Omar

Wow, but you discount the fact that he was a strong Trump Humper.

"We are determined to take our country back," Duke said Saturday. "We are going to fulfill the promise of Donald Trump. That's what we believe in. That's why we voted for Donald Trump, because he said he's going to take our country back."
David Duke ran for president as a democrat in the 80’s.

There is no difference, and why would there be, it was Democrats who created the Klan for the purpose of intimidating Republicans.

name one???

They do have ONE example. Ask him to name TWO.
so far he hasnt named one,

Some lefty will eventually pm it to him. But he won't be able to come up with a second, and certainly not a third. That kills their claim that the switched sides en mass.

They have been called on this shit, often enough, they have to know it is shit.

Nope, no flag burning, just some people doing some things.

190117104914-ilhan-omar-exlarge-169.jpg

There is no difference, and why would there be, it was Democrats who created the Klan for the purpose of intimidating Republicans.

name one???

Hell there are plenty. Strom Thurmond was a Democrat that became a Republican, Jesse Helms was a Democrat that became a Republican, Jeff Sessions, Trent Lott. Remember this change took place during the 70s.

Jesse Helms

In domestic affairs, Helms promoted industrial development in the South, seeking low taxes and few labor unions so as to attract northern and international corporations to relocate to North Carolina.

They didn't. THe next generation of richer and younger and more "liberal" Southerns did.

Sooooo why are most of the Governors and State Houses controlled by Republicans?

Because as the South changed from poor and rural, to urban and middle class, the poor rural dems were eventually outvoted by the growing middle class whites.

I've posted links discussing this historical fact many times on this site. Do you want it again?

Yes give it too me again, because it sounds like bullshit.

From that right wing rag, the New York Times.

The Myth of ‘the Southern Strategy’

"Everyone knows that race has long played a decisive role in Southern electoral politics. From the end of Reconstruction until the beginning of the civil rights era, the story goes, the national Democratic Party made room for segregationist members — and as a result dominated the South. But in the 50s and 60s, Democrats embraced the civil rights movement, costing them the white Southern vote. Meanwhile, the Republican Party successfully wooed disaffected white racists with a “Southern strategy” that championed “states’ rights.”

It’s an easy story to believe, but this year two political scientists called it into question. In their book “The End of Southern Exceptionalism,” Richard Johnston of the University of Pennsylvania and Byron Shafer of the University of Wisconsin argue that the shift in the South from Democratic to Republican was overwhelmingly a question not of race but of economic growth. In the postwar era, they note, the South transformed itself from a backward region to an engine of the national economy, giving rise to a sizable new wealthy suburban class. This class, not surprisingly, began to vote for the party that best represented its economic interests: the G.O.P. Working-class whites, however — and here’s the surprise — even those in areas with large black populations, stayed loyal to the Democrats. (This was true until the 90s, when the nation as a whole turned rightward in Congressional voting.)

The two scholars support their claim with an extensive survey of election returns and voter surveys. To give just one example: in the 50s, among Southerners in the low-income tercile, 43 percent voted for Republican Presidential candidates, while in the high-income tercile, 53 percent voted Republican; by the 80s, those figures were 51 percent and 77 percent, respectively. Wealthy Southerners shifted rightward in droves but poorer ones didn’t.

To be sure, Shafer says, many whites in the South aggressively opposed liberal Democrats on race issues. “But when folks went to the polling booths,” he says, “they didn’t shoot off their own toes. They voted by their economic preferences, not racial preferences.” Shafer says these results should give liberals hope. “If Southern politics is about class and not race,” he says, “then they can get it back.” "

Bolding added.

How the South Became Republican: It’s About Race

1. You failed to address the points made in my post, completely.

2. NOthing in your linked article, actually supports your claim. It makes a lot of accusations but without any supporting arguments or, god forbid, evidence.

name one???

Hell there are plenty. Strom Thurmond was a Democrat that became a Republican, Jesse Helms was a Democrat that became a Republican, Jeff Sessions, Trent Lott. Remember this change took place during the 70s.

Your party banned the flag of Mississippi at the DNC and flew the flag of Palestine but you keep preaching....

Illegal immigration decreased under Obama

Did it? Link

It peaked in 2008, when the recession hit the numbers tailed downward and with Obama’s slow recovery they trended down, with Trump they are continuing to fall at a faster rate because of stricter enforcement.

The Bush recession really put a damper on opur economy but as it improved, illegal immigration lowered making your claim somewhat stupid.

Can you not have an adult conversation without name calling?

The economy has remained stagnant after the recession, the growth out of the recession was very slow. It wasn’t appealing as it once was and remains not as appealing.

I said your post was stupid.

You claimed illegal immigration went dowe due to the economy tanking.

So why did not it increase as the economy improved.

A simple question that you ran away from.

Your post was STUPID, it had zero logic.
It didn’t increase because the recovery was so slow, it is pretty simple,

It wasn't a white power march.

"Jews will not replace us", "Blood and soil". It's like apple pie and baseball with those fucks that showed up.
Some of them are good people

He specifically stated, twice, that he was not referring to those people.

SO, why you lie about that?
LOL

After three days

I appreciate that your admission that you lied about what you said, but that was not my question.

My question was WHY did you lie about it?

What point were you trying to make, that you could not make without lying?
Our President is known for making multiple explanations and changing his story as each explanation is shot down and controversy builds

How long did it take him to admit Obama was born in the US?

He decided not to take sides

How do you do that with a white power march?

Jews will not replace us?

GettyImages_830617844.0.jpg

What do you imagine happening to them in your vision of the future? They look pretty young. They won't be dead of old age, by the time it gets here, if it does.

Bunch of angry white men
Trump voters

I asked you a question about your vision of the future, something we have discussed many times over the last few years.

What do you envision happening with these angry young men? And why are you afraid to answer this question.
My vision of the future is flying cars and universal health insurance

He decided not to take sides

How do you do that with a white power march?

What do you imagine happening to them in your vision of the future? They look pretty young. They won't be dead of old age, by the time it gets here, if it does.

Bunch of angry white men
Trump voters

There were like 200 people in Charlottesville. How
Many in Ferguson? A bunch of angry Democrats looting?
Protesting a murder?

"Jews will not replace us", "Blood and soil". It's like apple pie and baseball with those fucks that showed up.

LOL

After three days

I appreciate that your admission that you lied about what you said, but that was not my question.

Our President is known for making multiple explanations and changing his story as each explanation is shot down and controversy builds

Please don't change the subject. I am happy to discuss those questions at another time.

The question now is, why did you lie about what TRump said?

YOu did not say what he said, and attack him for taking to long to say it, or even to call into question that he meant it, because of something else he said.

You LIED about what he said.

I get that you cannot tell me why.

New question. Do you know why you did it?

BHGJYLVE7RBH5MXDW66PMZPIRA.jpg

I don't know about you but burning the Jewish flag gives me a sense of calm.

Bunch of angry white men
Trump voters

I asked you a question about your vision of the future, something we have discussed many times over the last few years.

What do you envision happening with these angry young men? And why are you afraid to answer this question.

I want to take a moment to thank you for the fact that you once were able to honestly discuss your vision of the future. MOst liberals do not.

It was very educational for me on several levels.

But, as I was saying, one of the aspects of your future vision of America was whites being discriminated against racially by national policy and meekly accepting it.

These young men, don't look like they will meekly accept it. What do you envision happening to them?

I think we both know that answer. I just want you to admit it. And then I will ask the next question and that will be the really dozy.

We can see here, why liberals are normally so resistant to be honest about what they want for America, because when they are honest, we can see how ugly it is.

That was how I broke you, making you see that.

To repeat, my question is,

These young men, don't look like they will meekly accept it. What do you envision happening to them?

There is little difference between the platform of the KKK and the RepublKlan Party

From Newsweek...

FORMER KKK LEADER DAVID DUKE ENDORSES TULSI GABBARD 2020 PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN, SAYS SHE'LL PUT AMERICAN INTERESTS OVER ISRAEL

From Washington Post

"We are determined to take our country back," Duke said Saturday. "We are going to fulfill the promise of Donald Trump. That's what we believe in. That's why we voted for Donald Trump, because he said he's going to take our country back."

Apparently he is not that happy with Trump. Omar and Gabbard presently fit his brand of hate.

From Newsweek...

From Washington Post

Apparently he is not that happy with Trump. Omar and Gabbard presently fit his brand of hate.

Or maybe he just says whatever shit he thinks will get him some ink, to maintain the illusion that he is relevant.

LOL

After three days

Please don't change the subject. I am happy to discuss those questions at another time.

The question now is, why did you lie about what TRump said?

YOu did not say what he said, and attack him for taking to long to say it, or even to call into question that he meant it, because of something else he said.

You LIED about what he said.

I get that you cannot tell me why.

New question. Do you know why you did it?
Try to keep up with the thread Klan Boy

We have been talking about the Presidents explanation of his statements on Charlottesville and how they changed

Remember Helsinki?
I see no reason why it would be was changed to no reason why it wouldnt

Trump lies....repeatedly
His statements must be taken at face value at the time they are issued

His attempts to cover his ass afterwards cannot be taken seriously

Bunch of angry white men
Trump voters

I want to take a moment to thank you for the fact that you once were able to honestly discuss your vision of the future. MOst liberals do not.

It was very educational for me on several levels.

But, as I was saying, one of the aspects of your future vision of America was whites being discriminated against racially by national policy and meekly accepting it.

I think we both know that answer. I just want you to admit it. And then I will ask the next question and that will be the really dozy.

We can see here, why liberals are normally so resistant to be honest about what they want for America, because when they are honest, we can see how ugly it is.

That was how I broke you, making you see that.

To repeat, my question is,

You got something against flying cars?

Did it? Link

It peaked in 2008, when the recession hit the numbers tailed downward and with Obama’s slow recovery they trended down, with Trump they are continuing to fall at a faster rate because of stricter enforcement.

The Bush recession really put a damper on opur economy but as it improved, illegal immigration lowered making your claim somewhat stupid.

Can you not have an adult conversation without name calling?

The economy has remained stagnant after the recession, the growth out of the recession was very slow. It wasn’t appealing as it once was and remains not as appealing.

I said your post was stupid.

You claimed illegal immigration went dowe due to the economy tanking.

So why did not it increase as the economy improved.

A simple question that you ran away from.

Your post was STUPID, it had zero logic.
It didn’t increase because the recovery was so slow, it is pretty simple,
Then the increase would have been slow. But it decreased.

Got anymore bullshit answers?

Forum List

Back